• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys@Rams Post-Game Analysis: Rams Lose 31-34

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defining characteristic of this franchise is that they have been losing for so long and so often they find ways to lose a game even when their ahead 21-0. They have a very difficult time mentally in the red-zone understanding that the offense plays for TDs not FGs. When one group of players play bad one week and they remedy it, the next week another group of players screw things up and they do it at the worst times. We have individuals thinking they are above reproach and the team. After dropping a clear TD with a pass that was thrown right to his hands, Jared Cook goes after Austin Davis on the sidelines and shoves him. If I am Fisher, I suspend Cook for awhile without pay to let him deflate his obviously big head.

Fisher is clearly clueless on how to get the best of his players because he chooses the wrong players on his roster when the choice is very clear and right in front of him. Or he sits number one picks on the bench without reason to play a veteran in Joseph who has been anything but steallar. Fisher has failed at teaching mental discipline to his players, how to set your play to a high standard, and how to have pride in your performance to at least be professional and do your job no matter what and every down.

WE fans have watched time-and-time again in yet another season players just playing willy-nilly and effing things up to the point of chaos and attempting to appear like they know what they are doing when they don't. We continue to have coaches who are clueless at running a team or a calling a game and they contribute to this mess by not having a reasonable direction and a purpose to why they are even coaching a team or what they are trying to accomplish with a young team that has talent but are taught in the ways of mediocrity and losing.

This is a very poor team because of this conflagaration of the above factors that all result in another losing season. We are rapidly heading toward the statistical predicted outcome of this season of 2-14 because what we witnessed today as well as the collective mindset that permeates this franchise in St. Louis is not a functional one that has winning as its goal::L

On Offense: The Positives. The O-line played relatively well except for Scott Wells and gave Austin Davis time to get the offense going. Austin Davis had a pretty darn good game. His first 300-yard passing game in his second start and he routinely led the offense down the field on drives that were extensive and relatively mistake-free. He finished the day going 30/42 for 327 total yards compared to Romo's 18 of 23 for 217 yards. Jared Cook was high man for the receivers going 7 for 75 yards even though he dropped a sure TD. Kenny Britt had a pretty good day going 5 for 69 yards. Stacy was went 12 carries for 67 yards to Murray's 24 carries for 100 yards. Austin Davis is the QB we need right now because of his confidence, his decision-making, his ability to sustain drives, and his mobility and passing accuracy when he has to run. Today's loss was not on him even though he had two INTs.

On Offense: The negatives. We had two INTs by Davis and one fumble by Wells. With approximately five minutes to go before the half, the offense was in a position to get us close for a field goal when Scott Wells had a mental error and hiked the ball into the ground causing a fumble which was recovered by Dallas. That mistake set in a motion a 34-3 scoring sequence that went into the second half. Also, Jared Cook dropped a 10-yard sure TD pass and then had the audacity to shove Austin Davis on the sidelines after he was told to catch the damn ball!! These are the sorts of mental weakness and mistakes this team has routinely exhibited that turns a 21-0 lead into a 34-24 deficit.

On Defense: The Positives. Janoris Jenkins had a good game in the first half today by baiting Dez Bryant and Romo into thinking he had dropped off on a pass play and then turned it into a pick six. Olgetree and Laurinaitus were the top tacklers but there wasn't much else positive here.

On Defense: The negatives. This defense gave up another 100-yard rushing performance from an opponent RB and they routinely gave up big plays all day. The vaunted D-0Line was once again missing. In one series in the second half, they gave up two third down conversions that allowed Dallas back in this game and at one point Dallas scored on six straight possessions. Since signing his big contract extension, Robert Quinn has been a no-show this year. He was owned all day by an also-ran LT of Dallas and we had zero sacks today-NOT ONE!!

We have two sacks in just three games as a defense and only one by the D-line. The same Janoris Jenkins who had an earlier pick six in the game got beat badly by Dez Bryant in the second half because the DC Williams called a run blitz that confused Jenkins and Bryant was wide open for the TD. This defense was a complete comedy of errors and Dallas took advantage of it. In fact, this defense has regressed under Williams tutelege and is worse than last year. They can't stop the run and their ability to make plays is always overshadowed by some screw-up that costs us big yardage or eventually points.

STs. Just when you thought the special teams were O.K. and after a decent day of staying mistake free, with less than four minutes to go and badly needing a score, the STs on a KO return get a holding penalty that makes the offense's job that much harder by setting the starting point on the 15 yard line rather than the 25.

Next week we have a bye :yahoo:. WE all get a break from this lunacy and I think we all need one. So, go enjoy what every gives you good vibes because this team sure as hell are not going to provide that in two weeks when our season gets that much tougher.:gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent as always. Thank you. I still have hope and saw some positive things.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Ozark. Yep. One positive was Austin Davis and this offense put up 31 points today. That is a very good sign. If Douche Fisher goes back to Hill, we are doomed.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to the playoffs. This team had to start over when Bradford went down. Before that I thought 9 and 7 but now 6 and 10 would be great. And the defense is just perplexing.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to bring Tim Walton back, he is unquestionably better then Gregory Williams

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys,

I agree about Davis. The guy can play and he is definitely Favre type which I love. He is willing to take chances and throw the ball deep to let a the WR make a play. Something Bradford didn't do and something Hill couldn't do. I hope Fisher sticks with Davis through the rest of the season. Let him play and see what happens.

Jared ''Douche'' Cook is an asshole. He had no reason shoving Davis. Not Davis' fault that Cook can't catch the ball.

Fisher is losing this team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to bring Tim Walton back, he is unquestionably better then Gregory Williams

Never. Pick somebody out of the stands before you go back to that tool. Greg Williams has sucked thus far, but I'd rather improve than just pick a different flavor of crap.

As far as the game goes, if you're trying to hold a 21 pt lead, why only run Stacy 12 times? Players need to get into a rhythm; spreading the carries between 3 RBs is questionable, especially when your lead guy is averaging over 5 yards a carry.

1 sack on the season? WTF?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn you defense i hate you so much right now :puke:

Retro, get hammer to bring back the faster puking smily :/

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know about Cook shoving Davis. I just looked at the vid after you guys mentioned it and WOW Cook is a piece of garbage. How dare he shove the QB when he drops a ball right in his hands? I did like how Hayes grabbed Cook and got in his face though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn you defense i hate you so much right now :puke:

Retro, get hammer to bring back the faster puking smily :/

I think they removed that emoticon Red because it became defective. Sorry.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know about Cook shoving Davis. I just looked at the vid after you guys mentioned it and WOW Cook is a piece of garbage. How dare he shove the QB when he drops a ball right in his hands? I did like how Hayes grabbed Cook and got in his face though.

Watch Shaun Hill began to clap when Cook does this, then next thing you know, they are sitting on the bench talking to each other, Hill and Cook.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that Snake Eyes. There is a quiet QB controversy going on and Hill is a little weasle for doing that crap. Fisher doesn't realize what he has going on back behind him on the bench and in the locker room. I'd get rid of both of them because they are a cancer beginning to grow and that will just take down this fragile team or what's left of it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be nice to get back Trumaine Johnson and C Long. But McLeod isn't a good safety and we need the rookies on D to learn quick.

I think the offense will be nice with Quick emerging, Britt getting Comfortable, bailey back and Tavon hopefully coming back soon.

Hopefully Schotty doesn't go full blown dipshit on us.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job again retro.:nod: I think the Rams are better (with davis)and the defense will straighten out. My biggest look this next two weeks is if Fisher goes to Hill, if he does, a moron he is and a packing he will go with the fans.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to make of the defense. It's bad at pass rush and that is just stupid considering the investment the Rams have but it seems to do a good job against a teams best weapon. Despite the losses, Murray and Peterson weren't superman like they were previously.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to make of the defense. It's bad at pass rush and that is just stupid considering the investment the Rams have but it seems to do a good job against a teams best weapon. Despite the losses, Murray and Peterson weren't superman like they were previously.

The run defense has definitely been better, but the absent pass rush is troubling. Losing Long hurts, but the Rams have solid depth there; more blitzing may be necessary. The next game against the Eagles could get ugly quick. Fast tempo offense with 2 elusive RBs is a recipe for disaster.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really a lot to review, both good and bad. But, to put it in simplest terms... it seems as if it's just too much to ask that the offense and defense show up on the same day.