• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys offense

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but was 3rd in passer rating

Sounds like he did ok when he tried them.

Maybe blame the gameplan not the Qb for this one.
Which is my point in another thread. We need to attempt more deep plays.
I have a feeling with Gallup & Cooper we will start throwing the deep ball a lil more.
We need more deep passes to open it up, I agree. However, the staff see Dak every day for past 3 years. They may know what he can or cannot do by now and try to tailor the passing game to fit what he is good at. To me he has accuracy issues. He can work on that, but I believe, you either have it or dont. Mcnabb won, but he wasnt accurate as well. Does not mean we cant win with a QB who is not that accurate. It just makes it harder.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the staff see Dak every day for past 3 years. They may know what he can or cannot do by now and try to tailor the passing game to fit what he is good at. To me he has accuracy issues.

Dak couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need more deep passes to open it up, I agree. However, the staff see Dak every day for past 3 years. They may know what he can or cannot do by now and try to tailor the passing game to fit what he is good at. To me he has accuracy issues. He can work on that, but I believe, you either have it or dont. Mcnabb won, but he wasnt accurate as well. Does not mean we cant win with a QB who is not that accurate. It just makes it harder.

I agree with this. I think they tailor it to Daks strengths

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has shown improvement and in doing so may be prone to more picks, but also we may now see more chunk plays. Dak is now starting to throw the ball before the receivers actually get open which is actually how this passing offense is supposed to operate.

Focusing on the misconnections with Gallup makes me think dak does not totally trust Gallup yet. He is throwing it to where the other team cant intercept the ball,but in the process he is also over throwing Gallup if that makes any sense.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. I think they tailor it to Daks strengths

Or they are tailoring the offense to the Receivers we had. I mean honestly I felt our best receiver was the lil' chain mover & he is no deep threat. Then look at all the other shit we used at WR. We draft Gallup start to try deep. Trade for Cooper & we are going there even more. Again the whole we arent doing it because he sucks at it, makes no sense when he is doing well at it when he tries. Who knows what Dak can fully do or not do until the play calling proves it one way or another. But looking at stats, I am pretty sure we can debunk he sucks at the deep ball. Not saying he is HOF or anything crazy, but feel confident in arguing that he doesnt suck at it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they are tailoring the offense to the Receivers we had. I mean honestly I felt our best receiver was the lil' chain mover & he is no deep threat. Then look at all the other shit we used at WR. We draft Gallup start to try deep. Trade for Cooper & we are going there even more. Again the whole we arent doing it because he sucks at it, makes no sense when he is doing well at it when he tries. Who knows what Dak can fully do or not do until the play calling proves it one way or another. But looking at stats, I am pretty sure we can debunk he sucks at the deep ball. Not saying he is HOF or anything crazy, but feel confident in arguing that he doesnt suck at it.

No one says he sucks. What deep ball is he throwing well when he tries??? The ones to Gallop?? Is the play calling telling him to hold onto the ball to long and take a sack?? Most can see he needs to work on the deep connection passes, accuracy, and pocket pressance. When he does, this offense will take off. Teams need to start fearing the longball.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Dak... here’s a stat I had no idea even existed to be broken.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny. Of course, you need to look at each pass one by one. What type of throw are they, what is the situation, are they thrown away on purpose, etc...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before judging Dak think about this. Dez failed to be the play maker Dak thought he would have and did not. His receiving core has been totally inadequate. Last but not least, his all pro OL suffered major injuries limiting his protection and running game. That is a lot of QB calamity to over come in a short career. Today we have cured some of the problems. Amari is making tons of difference. Protection and Zeke is chipping in too. So before we judge Dak , let's put everything back together and watch the positive production develop we were hoping to see. :2cents:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has shown improvement and in doing so may be prone to more picks, but also we may now see more chunk plays. Dak is now starting to throw the ball before the receivers actually get open which is actually how this passing offense is supposed to operate.

Focusing on the misconnections with Gallup makes me think dak does not totally trust Gallup yet. He is throwing it to where the other team cant intercept the ball,but in the process he is also over throwing Gallup if that makes any sense.
If Dak would just learn to hold on to the football when he gets he would be fine

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before judging Dak think about this. Dez failed to be the play maker Dak thought he would have and did not. His receiving core has been totally inadequate. Last but not least, his all pro OL suffered major injuries limiting his protection and running game. That is a lot of QB calamity to over come in a short career. Today we have cured some of the problems. Amari is making tons of difference. Protection and Zeke is chipping in too. So before we judge Dak , let's put everything back together and watch the positive production develop we were hoping to see. :2cents:
Yea we can never judge Dak on Dak, it is everyone else's fault. I think three years is not to early. Sure all of it is not his fault, but he can be judged now.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNG

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we can never judge Dak on Dak, it is everyone else's fault. I think three years is not to early. Sure all of it is not his fault, but he can be judged now.
Agree he can be now. He is much better prepared than before.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a 3 year person, and in those 3 years Dak has shown promise and he has shown enough to be questioned.
If he tilts either way just a little, he can be a franchise QB or a complete waste of a roster spot.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a 3 year person, and in those 3 years Dak has shown promise and he has shown enough to be questioned.
If he tilts either way just a little, he can be a franchise QB or a complete waste of a roster spot.
He has all the support now to prove his salt.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is fortunate to have a solid OL plus Zeke and Cooper.