• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys offense

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need to throw about 5 deep balls per game. Doesnt matter if they are completed. That forces Defenses to pay attention to them, instead of cheating up for the run or short passes. Eventually Gallup should start landing those plays as well. All of this will help Dak & Zeke.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Even Amari Cooper said after the game he was tired of the comeback stuff and immediately after complaining Dak told Amari to do the go route instead and they connected on the 75 yard TD.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty bad when players have to see what is going on, on the field. & have to override the coaches. they all knew they were sitting on the routes but the coaches keep calling the same shit. Well good for them for seeing the light.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need to throw about 5 deep balls per game. Doesnt matter if they are completed. That forces Defenses to pay attention to them, instead of cheating up for the run or short passes. Eventually Gallup should start landing those plays as well. All of this will help Dak & Zeke.

I agree. They have to keep throwing deep to open up the offense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty bad when players have to see what is going on, on the field. & have to override the coaches. they all knew they were sitting on the routes but the coaches keep calling the same shit. Well good for them for seeing the light.
While I agree in general that we should be throwing deep more and have been saying it for a couple of years, I don't necessarily agree with this. The QB gets to see the exact pre-snap defense on each play, so he has info the coaches don't right before the snap and it's his job to make those adjustments when it's there. The mark of a good QB is to make those calls and then convert on them. So good job by Dak and good job by Amari to plant the seed in his head and get a little baby push off to get open. It was a Huge play for us

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with those deep throws the eagles kept an 8 man front much of the time but did more blitzes . Gallup and dak need to get in sync on those deep halls. The thing is Gallup does not have speed like cooper, although he is not slow by any means.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree in general that we should be throwing deep more and have been saying it for a couple of years, I don't necessarily agree with this. The QB gets to see the exact pre-snap defense on each play, so he has info the coaches don't right before the snap and it's his job to make those adjustments when it's there. The mark of a good QB is to make those calls and then convert on them. So good job by Dak and good job by Amari to plant the seed in his head and get a little baby push off to get open. It was a Huge play for us
well except for they were talking about what has been going on throughout the game. Not about that particular play. Yet from a better vantage point the coaches arent seeing this?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about what this offense would look like with a Sean McVay or Sean Payton calling the plays....

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Dallas' offensive coaching mentality is much like my daughter's mindset when she was playing basketball in 8th grade.

She was a slave to the play rather than seeing how the defense reacts to the play and taking what the defense gives. She just couldn't get in her mind that she could break free from what the play told her to do when there was an opening left by the defense. Finally, I sat her down and went over a video of one game and showed her how the play forced the defense to react a certain way and that it left several back door cuts open and some drives down the lane. When she saw that, the game opened up to her and she understood that the play was merely a tool to break down the defense. Now she sees open spots on the floor and takes advantage of them.

No one ever told me that, and I didn't figure it out until I was in college. Unfortunately, it appears that the offensive coaches in Dallas haven't figured that out yet. I'm glad to hear that the players have. When players are a slave to the play, the defense's job is easy - they just have to learn the plays and they will know where the players are going. When the players see the play as nothing more tha a means to manipulate the defense, suddenly the game opens up.

BTW, any you fathers out there who have kids in sports, make sure you tell them that and watch how their game takes off.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Dallas' offensive coaching mentality is much like my daughter's mindset when she was playing basketball in 8th grade.

She was a slave to the play rather than seeing how the defense reacts to the play and taking what the defense gives. She just couldn't get in her mind that she could break free from what the play told her to do when there was an opening left by the defense. Finally, I sat her down and went over a video of one game and showed her how the play forced the defense to react a certain way and that it left several back door cuts open and some drives down the lane. When she saw that, the game opened up to her and she understood that the play was merely a tool to break down the defense. Now she sees open spots on the floor and takes advantage of them.

No one ever told me that, and I didn't figure it out until I was in college. Unfortunately, it appears that the offensive coaches in Dallas haven't figured that out yet. I'm glad to hear that the players have. When players are a slave to the play, the defense's job is easy - they just have to learn the plays and they will know where the players are going. When the players see the play as nothing more tha a means to manipulate the defense, suddenly the game opens up.

BTW, any you fathers out there who have kids in sports, make sure you tell them that and watch how their game takes off.
That's a good dad :thumb:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak and our receiving core reminds me of dancing with a new partner. The first dance is just so-so but after a few more tunes every things smooths out and the fun begins. This is beginning to come together and will really jell for Gallup with Amari's presence. A few more tunes and we can expect good things.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the QB's job. That's the offensive coordinator's job. It's why McVay and the Rams offense is dynamic with a below average QB while our offense is anemic with an average-to-above average one. Pre-snap defense doesn't tell you whether or not the DBs are gonna sit on stop routes. It's the OC's job to see how the defense is playing every snap and adjust because the QB can't see the entire field, but the coordinators watching the plays can. And if the coaches aren't able to recognize what he defense is doing pre-snap and furthermore post snap, then you have a bad offensive coordinator. The coach should know way more than the QB. It's his job to put his QB into the best plays possible. Linehan often forces Dak and the Cowboys to execute impossible plays. Like the GW TD. That is an impossible play for them to execute. They just got lucky. It was a horrible play call. You are putting way too much on the QB with this explanation.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with those deep throws the eagles kept an 8 man front much of the time but did more blitzes . Gallup and dak need to get in sync on those deep halls. The thing is Gallup does not have speed like cooper, although he is not slow by any means.
Dak and Gallup getting on the same page will greatly enhance this offense overall. Man, if those deep passes would have worked, we would have blown a few teams out like the Eagles.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a common theme every single week. Which is why it's really amazing what this team is doing. They are continuing to win football games in spite of Linehan doing his very best to sabotage it every week. Every team knows what routes to sit on against the Cowboys. Everybody knows when we'll run. They know when we're passing. It's getting annoying. That puts too much pressure on Dak, the Oline, Zeke, etc. to execute on a consistent basis.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the QB's job. That's the offensive coordinator's job. It's why McVay and the Rams offense is dynamic with a below average QB while our offense is anemic with an average-to-above average one. Pre-snap defense doesn't tell you whether or not the DBs are gonna sit on stop routes. It's the OC's job to see how the defense is playing every snap and adjust because the QB can't see the entire field, but the coordinators watching the plays can. And if the coaches aren't able to recognize what he defense is doing pre-snap and furthermore post snap, then you have a bad offensive coordinator. The coach should know way more than the QB. It's his job to put his QB into the best plays possible. Linehan often forces Dak and the Cowboys to execute impossible plays. Like the GW TD. That is an impossible play for them to execute. They just got lucky. It was a horrible play call. You are putting way too much on the QB with this explanation.
How can the coordinator recognize what they are doing pre-snap on a particular play??? The play is already called and the communication in the helmet is shut off. The QBs job is to walk up to the line and read the defense and then make decisions based on what he sees. Heck, 90% of the reason to put a guy in motion is simply to see if it's man or zone

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is Dak. He isn’t going to win many throwing contests. To me the OC is putting him in the best position to succeed. It’s about execution and all it takes is one of the eleven to make a mistake and the play can be messed up. I’ve said it for a month that I wanted to see Dak use the middle of the field more. Well yesterday he used it more and threw 2 Ints and sailed another that was almost picked. We escaped it. He can work on it. I just don’t get the Linehan bashing when the supposed inaccurate, weak armed QB- not my description- goes 42-54 and has completed about 75 percent of his passes the last 5 games. Obviously they are hitting on things Dak likes to do. I know he is using Zeke more. The TEs caught 9-10 passes yesterday too. I’m not saying the guy is Bill Walsh but damn we are playing good offense and it’s like we have to blame someone for something. Players have to execute. We have to do better in the red zone. Everyone knows what we are doing but Zeke is either first or second in rushing.

Reactions: GNG

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is Dak. He isn’t going to win many throwing contests. To me the OC is putting him in the best position to succeed. It’s about execution and all it takes is one of the eleven to make a mistake and the play can be messed up. I’ve said it for a month that I wanted to see Dak use the middle of the field more. Well yesterday he used it more and threw 2 Ints and sailed another that was almost picked. We escaped it. He can work on it. I just don’t get the Linehan bashing when the supposed inaccurate, weak armed QB- not my description- goes 42-54 and has completed about 75 percent of his passes the last 5 games. Obviously they are hitting on things Dak likes to do. I know he is using Zeke more. The TEs caught 9-10 passes yesterday too. I’m not saying the guy is Bill Walsh but damn we are playing good offense and it’s like we have to blame someone for something. Players have to execute. We have to do better in the red zone. Everyone knows what we are doing but Zeke is either first or second in rushing.

First down is just to predictable to me, Run Zeke, and when we are third and long, it is always a check down by Dak. It is a give up play. I have never seen that from any team I have ever watched, except this one. I bet we are a league low at converting 3rd and long. Is it Dak or is it the play call.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First down is just to predictable to me, Run Zeke, and when we are third and long, it is always a check down by Dak. It is a give up play. I have never seen that from any team I have ever watched, except this one. I bet we are a league low at converting 3rd and long. Is it Dak or is it the play call.

But if you execute - no penalties, no sacks- it’s not going to be 3rd and long. We play a safe game because we can right now. Our defense is that good. It totally shocked me when JG went for it yesterday. I agree 3rd and longs are very predictable. Don’t forget though we did win on 3rd and 8. We controlled the ball for about 45 minutes yesterday. It’s not perfect. We aren’t good in the red zone. There are flaws but I think it’s the best way for us to play. Zeke is getting his yards and they are tough yards. I see a couple of new plays a week it seems anyway. I get it- we are boring at times and we should be up in the 30s in points it seems, but we aren’t.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak and our receiving core reminds me of dancing with a new partner. The first dance is just so-so but after a few more tunes every things smooths out and the fun begins. This is beginning to come together and will really jell for Gallup with Amari's presence. A few more tunes and we can expect good things.

When Dak and Gallup get on the same page then this offense has a chance to be really, really good. As open as he’s getting it just seems like a matter of time that he and Dak will figure each other out.