• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys offense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it that black & white?
hater or not hater? Is there a middle ground?
I am still concerned about him, but I have bashed some things about him & also defended him at times. Which do I fall under?
IMHO a "hater" is someone that always finds the wrong in someone and stresses the bad and ignores the good and blames that player/coach for all that is wrong. A "ball washer" (or whatever word you like) is the exact opposite and talks about only the good and makes excuses for the bad - blames the WRs or OL when a pass is missed or the QB messes up. Both are usually 100% equally annoying

There is nothing wrong with criticizing players and pointing out where they need to be better or even say you think they are holding the team back or that we would be better off with a replacement as long as you also give him his props when due. Just like there is nothing wrong with praising a guy and putting him up on a pedestal as long as you are able to also see his flaws.

Being a fan has it's highs and lows and Doing a little of both of the above is part of being a caring fan. Doing one or the other constantly is what always comes off as more of a fan of a particular player than the team or on the opposite side seeming as if you secretly are hoping for a player to do poorly just so you can blame him for it or because you don't like him. We all do both from time to time but the amount of people on here that criticize Dak for every little thing and give others a pass signifies the worst in some fans to me and does indeed come off as if they get some indirect joy out of him screwing up because they have dug their heels in so deeply on him being the problem that their pride won't let them stray from that. But, none of that means you have to always speak positively of a player just because he is on "your" team.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO a "hater" is someone that always finds the wrong in someone and stresses the bad and ignores the good and blames that player/coach for all that is wrong. A "ball washer" (or whatever word you like) is the exact opposite and talks about only the good and makes excuses for the bad - blames the WRs or OL when a pass is missed or the QB messes up. Both are usually 100% equally annoying

There is nothing wrong with criticizing players and pointing out where they need to be better or even say you think they are holding the team back or that we would be better off with a replacement as long as you also give him his props when due. Just like there is nothing wrong with praising a guy and putting him up on a pedestal as long as you are able to also see his flaws.

Being a fan has it's highs and lows and Doing a little of both of the above is part of being a caring fan. Doing one or the other constantly is what always comes off as more of a fan of a particular player than the team or on the opposite side seeming as if you secretly are hoping for a player to do poorly just so you can blame him for it or because you don't like him. We all do both from time to time but the amount of people on here that criticize Dak for every little thing and give others a pass signifies the worst in some fans to me and does indeed come off as if they get some indirect joy out of him screwing up because they have dug their heels in so deeply on him being the problem that their pride won't let them stray from that. But, none of that means you have to always speak positively of a player just because he is on "your" team.

As well stated as possible. We all have our moments of screaming at the TV screen when Dak holds the ball too long or doesn’t escape the pocket or makes a throw that leaves us scratching our heads but we all also have our moments of screaming at the TV screen when he makes a throw that guys such as Gallup or a Jarwin go and get that shows us how much his team believes in him and as a by product, we should as well. There are no perfect players in the game. Gotta take the good with the bad and understand that in the case of Dak, the good outweighs the bad. And - as @Schmoopy1000 as well as many of us concur, questioning this staff is also appropriate.

With that, I leave this little nugget.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well stated as possible. We all have our moments of screaming at the TV screen when Dak holds the ball too long or doesn’t escape the pocket or makes a throw that leaves us scratching our heads but we all also have our moments of screaming at the TV screen when he makes a throw that guys such as Gallup or a Jarwin go and get that shows us how much his team believes in him and as a by product, we should as well. There are no perfect players in the game. Gotta take the good with the bad and understand that in the case of Dak, the good outweighs the bad. And - as @Schmoopy1000 as well as many of us concur, questioning this staff is also appropriate.

trying to figure out how to steal this & drag it over to PE1's thread LOL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of my most frustrating moments this season have centered on Dak's mental lapses. Some of my happiest have included Dak as well, like the run against the Saints and all of the clutch drives. The Heart of a Lion...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it that black & white?
hater or not hater? Is there a middle ground?
I am still concerned about him, but I have bashed some things about him & also defended him at times. Which do I fall under?

I think that makes you a Almost Hater.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can use the +quote button and place it in an thread you like, however that might bring unwanted trolls here.
When I was quoting him I was able to just copy the inbetween media thing he does. So it was just the tweet pic or whatever it is. I didnt drag the whole quote over. but it got over there for PE1 to discount :thumb:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my most frustrating moments this season have centered on Dak's mental lapses. Some of my happiest have included Dak as well, like the run against the Saints and all of the clutch drives. The Heart of a Lion...
Dak does have moments where he looks really bad, but he has others where he looks great. The good news is, most of the mistakes he makes can be fixed, though it may take a couple of years.
Is Dak the QB that Tony was the last 3-4 years of his career? Hell no, but Tony wasn't that guy for the first ten years either. Tony didn't start till his third year, then his numbers went way up, but Dak's 2018 was as good as anything Romo put up until the switch flipped around year ten, his 7th as a starter, and he went from good to great. If you consider this was Dak's 3rd starting, and his work ethic, there's every reason to believe he could make the good to great jump by year 5-6. My hope is Dak realizes he isn't a $30 million QB yet(though he could probably get it if he pushed), and that he sign's in the low 20's so that the Cowboys can keep all the help he needs. Then in 4-5 years, that number can go up to $30, $35, Hell, even $40 in this league by the time he is 30 or so