• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys offense

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And yet the only time you post is after a lose to bash the coach or QB while propping up all others as a super star team just lacking a QB and head coach. Shit....I have no ideal what you see other than to spew you bias hate for the coach & QB..

50 plus years following this team and so-called fans like you make me sick. Hopefully we win a few more and your sorry ass opinions on this football team.\ remain somewhat limited cause you are the example of what is wrong with many cowboy fans. 5 wins and nothing from you but then this lose and here you are acting as if you are the higher authority and blasting you stupid ass opinions of this team.

andresrenee.......FUCK YOU!!C

It is an opinion board. We are free to share the good and the bad. By the way! I have been a fan as long as you. Followed this team through 1-15 and the 5-11 trifecta. Have seen the good, the bad and the ugly.

You are right, perhaps I should post more after a win but usually out celebrating. After losses is when some of us can vent and make observations.

Cowboy fans come in all different shapes and sizes.

My issue with Garrett is that we are into year 9 and we only have only one playoff win. Yes one playoff win and during his tenure we have had some very talented teams in both 2014 and 2016 and the latter past of this year. Not many other organizations would tolerate that.

Couple that with Dak’s regression over the last two years is troubling.

This team is built for a playoff run with a very good defense, an outstanding running back and a great receiver. This team when it struggles has been because of the game plan or due to QB struggles primarily this year. To say otherwise is playing ostrich. I want Dak and Garrett to succeed. I know Dak is not and may never be a top 10 QB but he must get better and at least work to avoid the fumbles. Having 8 INTs and 12 fumbles is troubling. It is not getting better this year. Perhaps, some on the play calling and hence why I call out Garrett. You only have limited opportunities with really good players, chemistry and teams and it bums me out that we have not capitalized.

I will be here pumping sunshine after the next win!!!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be here pumping sunshine after the next win!!!!!
Hopefully we get one of those in the next two weeks:hope:

Cooper is not a "great receiver" IMO

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has warts just like all teams do nowadays. But the issue as I see it is that the coaching staff on offense does not scheme well or adjust well if the game plan is not right. Romo did very well in changing the plays to fit the game and covered up many of the flaws. Even while throwing in hios miscues. Dak is not at that level or close IMHO and that is not bashing its just the way it looks. Cowboys defense must play almost mistake free football to cover the offense and their foulups this year. Reverse of the Romo days when the Cowboys had to outscore the opponents to win.

I want Garrett and company gone 9 years is long enough. I hope for the best but that long ago became a exercise in doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Cowboys have the ability to make a run if all the stars align just right but with the OL injuries and Daks regression this year and the coaching staff inability to make the offense run on 8 cylinders of the 8 available more than 1 game all year I will cheer but I wont hold my breath for outstanding results.

All teams are flawed but it sure would be nice with a coaching staff that was really good both sides of the ball.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has warts just like all teams do nowadays. But the issue as I see it is that the coaching staff on offense does not scheme well or adjust well if the game plan is not right. Romo did very well in changing the plays to fit the game and covered up many of the flaws. Even while throwing in hios miscues. Dak is not at that level or close IMHO and that is not bashing its just the way it looks. Cowboys defense must play almost mistake free football to cover the offense and their foulups this year. Reverse of the Romo days when the Cowboys had to outscore the opponents to win.

I want Garrett and company gone 9 years is long enough. I hope for the best but that long ago became a exercise in doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Cowboys have the ability to make a run if all the stars align just right but with the OL injuries and Daks regression this year and the coaching staff inability to make the offense run on 8 cylinders of the 8 available more than 1 game all year I will cheer but I wont hold my breath for outstanding results.

All teams are flawed but it sure would be nice with a coaching staff that was really good both sides of the ball.

JMHO
Disagree. One of the things that was easy for defenses to read was Romo's audibles. He is a brilliant guy off the field no doubt, but I always thought he read his cues like a HS QB - maybe that's what he was told? Example - Safety moves up, audible to pass and visa versa without even thinking about it. Then at the snap the defenses switched back and pinned their ears back.

If we don't make the playoffs a coaching overhaul is mandatory in my book. Will it actually happen? I'm not sure. If we win the division I see no way Jerry gets rid of Garrett unless we lose by like 50 in the first round and even still I think he won't. I think Linehan is gone either way this offseason and hopefully K Moore is gone or made the asst QB coach like he should have been in the first place. Let him learn a little before you give him a 3rd year QB that needs to be coached up. It didn't do him or Dak any good to give him that job.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise QB, quite possible, Elite QB not how he's playing currently.
I don't think anyone would say he is close to being "elite". Franchise? He's pretty close. The Cowboys are in a tough spot. There really isn't anyone to bring in that could be noticeably better. While the team has a good young defense and a great running game to go along with a very good O-line, do they dare waste a high draft pick on a QB prospect? I'd say hell no. They don't have a 1st this next draft anyway. Who would they sign that would be an improvement? They are pretty much forced to stay with Dak. His TD to INT % has been very good his whole career. Is that mostly because of the O-line play? I don't watch enough of the Cowboys to know. I'm also a Colts fan and this is the first season where O-line play has been good.

The Cowboys are good at most positions and can't afford to try for something better unless a proven QB becomes available. Not sure any of those are out there at this time. Brissett is pretty darn good, but not sure how much of an improvement over Dak that would be.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would say he is close to being "elite". Franchise? He's pretty close. The Cowboys are in a tough spot. There really isn't anyone to bring in that could be noticeably better. While the team has a good young defense and a great running game to go along with a very good O-line, do they dare waste a high draft pick on a QB prospect? I'd say hell no. They don't have a 1st this next draft anyway. Who would they sign that would be an improvement? They are pretty much forced to stay with Dak. His TD to INT % has been very good his whole career. Is that mostly because of the O-line play? I don't watch enough of the Cowboys to know. I'm also a Colts fan and this is the first season where O-line play has been good.

The Cowboys are good at most positions and can't afford to try for something better unless a proven QB becomes available. Not sure any of those are out there at this time. Brissett is pretty darn good, but not sure how much of an improvement over Dak that would be.
Fully agree. It seems many fans confuse Franchise QB with Elite QB.
Dak has his issues, but there are worse options.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep reading how the OL is so good. I think some are thinking about OL three years ago. The line today is not near the same. Left T is playing below his all pro status. Center is out till we don't know when. Witten is gone. etc etc. Might keep this in mind.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. One of the things that was easy for defenses to read was Romo's audibles. He is a brilliant guy off the field no doubt, but I always thought he read his cues like a HS QB - maybe that's what he was told? Example - Safety moves up, audible to pass and visa versa without even thinking about it. Then at the snap the defenses switched back and pinned their ears back.

If we don't make the playoffs a coaching overhaul is mandatory in my book. Will it actually happen? I'm not sure. If we win the division I see no way Jerry gets rid of Garrett unless we lose by like 50 in the first round and even still I think he won't. I think Linehan is gone either way this offseason and hopefully K Moore is gone or made the asst QB coach like he should have been in the first place. Let him learn a little before you give him a 3rd year QB that needs to be coached up. It didn't do him or Dak any good to give him that job.

He sure can read it from the press box.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure can read it from the press box.
Like I said he seems brilliant to me and has since way before he became an announcer, which is part of what always perplexed me about some of the things he did. You look at Favre and you expect stupid risks. You look at Romo and you think here is a guy that could coach and wonder why he did some things. I always thought he was a a little of a glory hound and that was part of what drove him to always try and make the big play. Who knows.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said he seems brilliant to me and has since way before he became an announcer, which is part of what always perplexed me about some of the things he did. You look at Favre and you expect stupid risks. You look at Romo and you think here is a guy that could coach and wonder why he did some things. I always thought he was a a little of a glory hound and that was part of what drove him to always try and make the big play. Who knows.

I haven’t heard him near as much this year as I did last year. It seems like he did some Thursday night games too last yr. They always seem to have him doing NE games. I don’t really like watching them much.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest worry with Dak, IMO, is Jerry Jones(of course). The Cowboys have assembled the youngest and one of the most talented rosters in the league. Even with the cap going up, it is going to be necessary for the Cowboys to pay fair value but not wildly overpay Dak. Why the Hell Jerry has been running his mouth about how Dak is a franchise QB who will be extended and he wouldn't trade him for two #1's is just crazy to me.
The whole key is ''fair market value''. That number is not $28 million and it sure as Hell isn't $33. I think Dak is somewhere between the 16th and 27th best QB in the game. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Cam, Ryan, Russell Wilson, Luck, Mahomes, Goff, Stafford, DWatson, Cousins and Garopollo are the top 15 IMO, and Dak falls in the next tier with Mayfield, Trubisky, Wentz, Mariotta, Alex Smith, Dalton, Nick Foles, Carr, Winston, Bridgewater and Flacco. Then there are talented young guys like Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen.
The 16th highest salary this season was Tom Brady(lol) at $21 and a half million. I think the Cowboys should offer Dak between $19 and $21 million this offseason. If he accepts, sign him long term. If he doesn't, let him play out the last year of his rookie deal and then offer it again(unless he improves quite a bit). If he says no again, let him walk...The Cowboys would have all the leverage. If he is looking for $28 million, there is not one team in the League that would give him that... Seriously, take the Dolphins for example. Would he be an upgrade over Tannehill? I think so, but the Dolphins have won 7 games, the Cowboys 8, and they don't have Zeke. Do you think they will give Dak that kind of money? No shot.
At $21 million, the Cowboys could keep all their other young stud players. But if Jerry bids against himself and gives Dak $30 million a year, it will cost us a heck of a player or two down the line. Here is hoping Dak follows the example set by Brady and takes $20 million to keep a good team around him, and not the example set by ARod, which led to the Pack gutting their team. I hope Dak is here the next ten years, at the right price

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I woke up and read an article this morning about the penalties called on the opposition. Really does piss me off. Cowboys opponents have been called for the least amount of penalties and yards. Our opponents can hold as much as they want. We cant and our offense stagnates because of all the holding flags.

So I would like to really just say that goodell can go Fvck himself!!!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing about Romo is that at this same point in his career where Dak is, Romo still hadn't played any meaningful snaps. Dak is going to take time to learn how to read defenses but is doing so at full speed. Romo got to watch and learn from tape alone. It takes a guy 4 years or so to see most of what a defense can throw at him and learn how to adjust on the fly. Which means we will unfortunately have to pay Dak before we learn if he is able to make that next step. i think he has the brains for it. Just hope it doesn't cost us $30M a year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest worry with Dak, IMO, is Jerry Jones(of course). The Cowboys have assembled the youngest and one of the most talented rosters in the league. Even with the cap going up, it is going to be necessary for the Cowboys to pay fair value but not wildly overpay Dak. Why the Hell Jerry has been running his mouth about how Dak is a franchise QB who will be extended and he wouldn't trade him for two #1's is just crazy to me.
The whole key is ''fair market value''. That number is not $28 million and it sure as Hell isn't $33. I think Dak is somewhere between the 16th and 27th best QB in the game. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Cam, Ryan, Russell Wilson, Luck, Mahomes, Goff, Stafford, DWatson, Cousins and Garopollo are the top 15 IMO, and Dak falls in the next tier with Mayfield, Trubisky, Wentz, Mariotta, Alex Smith, Dalton, Nick Foles, Carr, Winston, Bridgewater and Flacco. Then there are talented young guys like Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen.
The 16th highest salary this season was Tom Brady(lol) at $21 and a half million. I think the Cowboys should offer Dak between $19 and $21 million this offseason. If he accepts, sign him long term. If he doesn't, let him play out the last year of his rookie deal and then offer it again(unless he improves quite a bit). If he says no again, let him walk...The Cowboys would have all the leverage. If he is looking for $28 million, there is not one team in the League that would give him that... Seriously, take the Dolphins for example. Would he be an upgrade over Tannehill? I think so, but the Dolphins have won 7 games, the Cowboys 8, and they don't have Zeke. Do you think they will give Dak that kind of money? No shot.
At $21 million, the Cowboys could keep all their other young stud players. But if Jerry bids against himself and gives Dak $30 million a year, it will cost us a heck of a player or two down the line. Here is hoping Dak follows the example set by Brady and takes $20 million to keep a good team around him, and not the example set by ARod, which led to the Pack gutting their team. I hope Dak is here the next ten years, at the right price
Yeah we cant really afford to pay dak at the top end and get him the help he needs to win. Dak does some good things, but he also leaves points on the field every game. Once or twice a game he is missing wide open receivers deep down the field. We overpay for dak we will be looking at top 5 pick in about 3 or 4 years. I predict jerruh over pays

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this thread for all of the Dak haters.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this thread for all of the Dak haters.
is it that black & white?
hater or not hater? Is there a middle ground?
I am still concerned about him, but I have bashed some things about him & also defended him at times. Which do I fall under?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I still want a new OC next year even after a good game in New York.