• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys have to be favorites for the NFC East title this season

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't ya'll ignore them as I have over the years lol. All I do is laugh at the post, ignore the ones that are ignorant, and reply to the ones worth replying to. It has saved me a lot of arguing and headache to be honest. Its life ya'll ignorance is all around us.

I guess you can say trolls are like a bad car wreck. You don't want to see the horror but you look anyway.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the division is wide open....imo (minus philly :D )

I know that are chances are very slim, but don't take this team lightly. We still have a lot of talent on this team. We just need someone to put it together. Hopefully that is Chip Kelly. We could shock the world.

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now back to football...I am also very confident that the Cowboys look like the team to beat in this years division race. :agree::typing:

maverick361tx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRS, it's cool to be confident before the season starts. Hell I am confident when all the teams are 0-0. But myself like others, we tend to be disappointed with the select play of a few and the dumb dumb decisions of our front office and coaches. The Eagles, Redskins, and Giants are all formidable opponents. I just pray and hope that we can get our chit together for a full season to win our division and then win more games in the playoffs to win the superbowl. One game at a time the way I see it. But I do agree, let's start a talk chit thread and leave it there.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope I drove to San Antonio for a family reunion.

Look at a map closest way there is through LA.... and well as closest way back.

I don't have any problem whatsoever leaving anything at the door. I already said that.

What I also did say was I didn't want to log in here and read the TRD/FWD troll baiting circus show.

You say me and Eriko? Me and Eriko lasted what a month? Two? meanwhile Howmany names did you have deleted for trolling over there? 30-40?

I think anyone that reads this knows me and PE1 went at it pretty damn hard at one point.... We arent over here throwing insults at each other.
Seems to me you and FWD are the ones that would rather make the circus post and argue rather than letting us try to get a solid base set up over here.

Is what it is.... people can read.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offence manster ... or anyone else

Sit back yesterday ... and thought about it....

aint no best thing.... If I have to start from scratch so be it. Get along with people I didn't before. Hey that's cool. Me and PE1 fought like hell and I've found out he's actually a really decent guy..... So I dont mind giving chances....

What I'm saying is .. The circus act... is just that.... and if I have to start over... it's not going to be reading the circus act troll baiting bullshit. Jesus Christ we actually have people coming over here so we can all stay together and dumb fuck is already in troll baiting mode
we aint even got a solid base established yet

In your user CP, there's an "ignore" list.

Add both of them and I believe you won't see their posts.

Problem solved.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider looking in, it doesn't bother me how homerific fans want to act in July. Hell, fans of all 32 teams can say that their team is the favorite to win this or that and it really amounts to no harm no foul.

There is a 17-week regular season that ends up determining who wins the division at the end of the season.

Some people might get all up in arms when someone says their team is the favorite to win this or that but I don't. Cause being the favorite doesn't win any trophies. At the end of the day, the teams will determine who the best is on the field.

We won't determine it on a message board.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont do the quote thing .......

and could do the ignore thing....

Not about that... Some of us would Like a home to post at.
Other ones... TRS/FWD want a place to attact trolls and fights....

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont do the quote thing .......

and could do the ignore thing....

Not about that... Some of us would Like a home to post at.
Other ones... TRS/FWD want a place to attact trolls and fights....

I get it. But if you put them on your ignore list, it's as if they're not shitting in this nest (from your perspective). That's the whole purpose of that function.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Well said schmoopy

Camp started for you guys and the only thing I saw was romo came in a few pounds over from last year! You know being excited for camp to start and then you realize when it does all the stupid stories that come along with it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can start a trash talking thread, like they did on the Skids board, that way all legitimate threads would be off limits.

Quite a few team boards have done that. Not a bad idea at all!

We have one, The Blue Star Lounge. I can rename it to something more along the lines of "Trash Talk" if it makes it more obvious. I also pinned it to the top of the page so it will stay there in case anyone wants to dust it up with others.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly right. Everybody gets enough rope to hang themselves. The mods have a good understanding of infamous ESPN trolls, however everybody gets a chance to reform. Hang in there, the trash will be taken out.

Harold had it right.

Everyone joining the hoop has an equal chance to be a solid poster. I already had notions of who people were from our time at the other board, but wanted everyone to have a fair shot.

however, it is clear that there are those that want to say outlandish stuff to bait trolls and then argue with them. This morning two posters were removed. TRS and FWD are no long members of the SportsHoopla. They both started off great, but can already see the personal attacks and the drama they are starting. I apologize to anyone who feels this is "over-moderation", but it is necessary to keep from having the Boys board turn into a circus.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one, The Blue Star Lounge. I can rename it to something more along the lines of "Trash Talk" if it makes it more obvious. I also pinned it to the top of the page so it will stay there in case anyone wants to dust it up with others.

How about "Troll Trash Bin" With the tag "Trash Talk Here". I've seen other Trash talk treads put an "Can't be too over the top disclaimer. Maybe we can do that too.
However if we have a trash talk thread and a troll is there doing his business we should allow him a whole lot of rope. As long as he's not destroying legit threads. Now it will be up to us to decide if we are to enter that thread.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about "Troll Trash Bin" With the tag "Trash Talk Here". I've seen other Trash talk treads put an "Can't be too over the top disclaimer. Maybe we can do that too.
However if we have a trash talk thread and a troll is there doing his business we should allow him a whole lot of rope. As long as he's not destroying legit threads. Now it will be up to us to decide if we are to enter that thread.

I agree with this, and will take it a step further.

Trash talking about sports is a good thing, especially if you keep it intelligent and actually debatable. When you cross over to hurling insults and becoming emotionally unhinged, it becomes epically retarded in a hurry regardless of if it's in a "trash talk" thread or not.

But my question is.... why does one thread need to be specifically created to house that kind of talk while many threads of many different topics already exist on the team specific board? Why can't heated debate exist within those threads on the team specific board without it being considered "trolling" or "trash talk?"

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But my question is.... why does one thread need to be specifically created to house that kind of talk while many threads of many different topics already exist on the team specific board? Why can't heated debate exist within those threads on the team specific board without it being considered "trolling" or "trash talk?"

Good question. My answer is because too many good threads get destroyed by BULLSHIT trolling. Now an occasional barb wouldn't be too bad, but that's not what happened too often on the ESPN board.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trash talking about sports is a good thing, especially if you keep it intelligent and actually debatable. When you cross over to hurling insults and becoming emotionally unhinged, it becomes epically retarded in a hurry regardless of if it's in a "trash talk" thread or not.

You are talking about two different things. I see three levels of posts.
1) On topic. Doesn't have to be in agreement, but it is at least intelligent and insightful
2) Trolling. This is the idiot, off topic, irrelevant stuff that just needs to be outright deleted
3) off topic. This is the stuff that has merit, just isn't relevant to the current topic of the thread.

It is the #3 area that we would move to the Lounge thread. It has a place on the board, just not in that thread that might get derailed if left alone. If it is a rally good topic, we would just split it out into its own thread, but the one off stuff we prefer to move to a "catch all" thread.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
testing one two three, testing one two three
Saw posts removed. just checking to see if I can still post

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are talking about two different things. I see three levels of posts.
1) On topic. Doesn't have to be in agreement, but it is at least intelligent and insightful
2) Trolling. This is the idiot, off topic, irrelevant stuff that just needs to be outright deleted
3) off topic. This is the stuff that has merit, just isn't relevant to the current topic of the thread.

It is the #3 area that we would move to the Lounge thread. It has a place on the board, just not in that thread that might get derailed if left alone. If it is a rally good topic, we would just split it out into its own thread, but the one off stuff we prefer to move to a "catch all" thread.

Oh... I don't see either 3 of those being "trash talk."

So you're just talking about creating a lounge within the Cowboys forum for Cowboys fans to shoot the non-sports shit?