• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys have to be favorites for the NFC East title this season

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. My answer is because too many good threads get destroyed by BULLSHIT trolling. Now an occasional barb wouldn't be too bad, but that's not what happened too often on the ESPN board.

If trolling is defined as being "idiotic off topic crap" then that's one thing.

But why can't heated debate, that is salient to the sports topic at hand, remain in a thread on a team-specific board?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
testing one two three, testing one two three
Saw posts removed. just checking to see if I can still post

NO worries. You will get a lot of warnings from me before there are issues. The last thing I want is a dead board :)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... I don't see either 3 of those being "trash talk."

So you're just talking about creating a lounge within the Cowboys forum for Cowboys fans to shoot the non-sports shit?

Pretty much. Here at the hoop we have a history of still talking off-topic stuff (non-cowboys) but we typically will start the title of the thread wiht "OT:" and then whatever the topic is. Like we might have "OT: Michael Bay screws up all his movies". That way people know going into it that the topic is not about the Cowboys. The Philly Flyers have a lot of OT threads.

But if there are one or two posts that start getting a little personal and derailing a thread, the lounge is a good spot to take the side conversation without derailing the thread or ending the side conversation. Just deleting it will kill the tangent, and that might not be the best.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If trolling is defined as being "idiotic off topic crap" then that's one thing.

But why can't heated debate, that is salient to the sports topic at hand, remain in a thread on a team-specific board?

It can. Here is an example. Say we have a thread talking about how each fan feels about Romo. Then at some point someone mentions Sean Payton for bringing Tony in and the someone goes off on how we should never have let him go.

Well, those one or two posts probably don't merit their own thread (though that example probably does), but it isn't about our outlook for Tony. So it is off topic and stopping a legit thread, but I don't want to just delete it and have that line of conversation gone. So I'd either move it to the Lounge (aka the catch all, misc thread) or move it to its own thread.

There isn't any intention of stopping heated debates, I like heated debates. But I don't want a debate being interrupted or hijacked by a side conversation so I'll split them out. :suds:

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can. Here is an example. Say we have a thread talking about how each fan feels about Romo. Then at some point someone mentions Sean Payton for bringing Tony in and the someone goes off on how we should never have let him go.

Well, those one or two posts probably don't merit their own thread (though that example probably does), but it isn't about our outlook for Tony. So it is off topic and stopping a legit thread, but I don't want to just delete it and have that line of conversation gone. So I'd either move it to the Lounge (aka the catch all, misc thread) or move it to its own thread.

There isn't any intention of stopping heated debates, I like heated debates. But I don't want a debate being interrupted or hijacked by a side conversation so I'll split them out. :suds:

Gotcha.

What if you start a thread about Romo asking each fan how they feel about him. And I (being a Giants fan that thinks he's a good QB but love to point out how he gags in big moments) mention his flubs in big games... no personal attacks, no trolling but merely keep pointing to the 44-6, INT in the endzone vs the Giants in the NFCD game, the botched FGA hold, etc...

Would that send me to the "lounge?"

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how anyone could say Dallas is the favorite to win the division. The Eagles may struggle, but the Giants and Redskins don't look like they'll be conceding the division. I just hope they'll be contenders for the division.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha.

What if you start a thread about Romo asking each fan how they feel about him. And I (being a Giants fan that thinks he's a good QB but love to point out how he gags in big moments) mention his flubs in big games... no personal attacks, no trolling but merely keep pointing to the 44-6, INT in the endzone vs the Giants in the NFCD game, the botched FGA hold, etc...

From my experience (I'm not a mod), if you add substance to the discussion you're OK. If it's obvious you're trolling you get the boot.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha.

lol, I'm not heavy handed. Ribbing and trash talk is allowed. Now if you replied multiple times about how he choked or kept trying to take the thread off its rails, we may need to move some posts. But no, speaking the truth won't get you removed :behindsofa:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a line between trash talk and being a troll.

For example if I said Romo is a top 5 Qb ( which he isn't I do think top 10 though) thats trash talk
If I say he is the greatest in the league .... That's troll bate. In other words begging for people to come argue it.
I love a solid football conversation/debate.... But hate the nonsense .... Like Saying Dez is better than C Johnson.... To me you might as well have said aliens landed

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how anyone could say Dallas is the favorite to win the division. The Eagles may struggle, but the Giants and Redskins don't look like they'll be conceding the division. I just hope they'll be contenders for the division.
If the Cowboys stay healthy and the O-line and D-line improve, they will run away with the division. After that, it may be one and done. Hard to totally say right now.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skins and Cowboys played for the division and playoff in the last game of the season last year ....

All the injuries ... I see how no fan of any team in the NFC east can brag ..... Cowboys at their worst were a game away.... Redskins at their best were 1 ONE game better...

Giants have 2 rings ... Kinda hard to talk shit to them ....

Thats just my view of the division .... a bad break can win it or lose it .....

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys improved the most out of all 3 teams. Skins have a brittle QB. Giants have no defense. The Egals have no defense.

Meanwhile the Cowboys have their defense back and the OL will be much better.
Couple that with our awesome skill position players and we should win 11 games which will be enough to take the division. There is going to be some angry fans all across america

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How exactly have they improved?? They are starting an entirely new defensive scheme, which they may or may not have the correct personnel for. They added a rookie center (which many draft experts said was a reach) to their OL, which was arguably the worst in franchise history last year and w/o a doubt the worst in the NFL. Outside of that, they made no changes.

So, you have a team that has gone 6-10, 8-8, and 8-8 and made no changes to their team, and has consistently lost to their NFC East rivals, yet you expect them to go 11-5 this year and label them the favorites for the division? Awesome.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skins and Cowboys played for the division and playoff in the last game of the season last year ....

All the injuries ... I see how no fan of any team in the NFC east can brag ..... Cowboys at their worst were a game away.... Redskins at their best were 1 ONE game better...

Giants have 2 rings ... Kinda hard to talk shit to them ....

Thats just my view of the division .... a bad break can win it or lose it .....

Twist, thats a bit of an exaggeration bro. Missing A starting OLB, Starting DE and our best receiving TE plus our QB playing injured was HARDLY at our best. Bit of troll baiting there, and for a Cowboys fan I actually like you man.

This year should be interesting.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist, thats a bit of an exaggeration bro. Missing A starting OLB, Starting DE and our best receiving TE plus our QB playing injured was HARDLY at our best. Bit of troll baiting there, and for a Cowboys fan I actually like you man.

you know where to find me when Washington works for 8-8
:drool:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know where to find me when Washington works for 8-8
:drool:

Yep... Hiding over on DCU with some of the other old timers, or under another name if Dallas doesnt even reach 8-8. :whistle:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not trolling or baiting at at all

yup we both had injuries..... but what yall fail to see is our injuries were so bad our back ups to our back ps were hurt

yall were playing 2nd string ... we were pulling guys of their couches

Aint making excuses... all said ... 1 game better is all.. that aint trash talking rights

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trolling or baiting at at all

yup we both had injuries..... but what yall fail to see is our injuries were so bad our back ups to our back ps were hurt

yall were playing 2nd string ... we were pulling guys of their couches

Aint making excuses... all said ... 1 game better is all.. that aint trash talking rights

Two games.. and as i said... this year should be interesting for alot of reasons. :suds:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two games.. and as i said... this year should be interesting for alot of reasons. :suds:

Might wanna watch the replay of the first game.... A dropped pass by Dez gave yall the win.

we come from WAYYY behind to almost win it. Every announcer laid that drop on dez..... smehow Dez got it together after that ....
I dont really think that a situation you will root for a repeat of.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might wanna watch the replay of the first game.... A dropped pass by Dez gave yall the win.

we come from WAYYY behind to almost win it. Every announcer laid that drop on dez..... smehow Dez got it together after that ....
I dont really think that a situation you will root for a repeat of.

Close only counts in Horse Shoes and Hand grenades. A win is a win, IM looking forward to this season. My honest take.

Washington 11-5 (picking up one game)
Dallas 9-7 (Also picking up one game)
NY 9-7 (finishing 3rd by losing head to head to the dallas sweep)
Philly 6-10 (Swept in the Division, rebuilding team, and Chip Kelly being the next great college coach miss in the NFL)

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close only counts in Horse Shoes and Hand grenades. A win is a win, IM looking forward to this season. My honest take.

Washington 11-5 (picking up one game)
Dallas 9-7 (Also picking up one game)
NY 9-7 (finishing 3rd by losing head to head to the dallas sweep)
Philly 6-10 (Swept in the Division, rebuilding team, and Chip Kelly being the next great college coach miss in the NFL)

Im not going to give any of us over 10 wins .....

In fact... I think the team that gets 10 wins takes the division...... we all over rate out teams in this division.... we are all 8-8 plus health and luck.....

it what it is