• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys game

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Hitchens looked better than I anticipated

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn need to not play anymore this preseason or he will get poached like Tanney last year and Moore years ago

JMHO

He looked OK but not so good someone is looking at stealing him out from under our noses.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is defense's are usually way ahead of the offense throughout the preseason and the 1st 1 or 2 games in the regular season; until offenses establish a rhythm and a feel for one another.....so if or D is already giving up 400+ yrds a game it's going to be a long season. All 3 Charger qbs looked like pro bowlers and the D keeps blowing their assignments against the run.

Jason Garrett has the most undisciplined team in the league both penalty wise and being in proper position to make plays. This could (should) be his last year IMO. This guy should be coaching for his job.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is defense's are usually way ahead of the offense throughout the preseason and the 1st 1 or 2 games in the regular season; until offenses establish a rhythm and a feel for one another.....so if or D is already giving up 400+ yrds a game it's going to be a long season. All 3 Charger qbs looked like pro bowlers and the D keeps blowing their assignments against the run.

Jason Garrett has the most undisciplined team in the league both penalty wise and being in proper position to make plays. This could (should) be his last year IMO. This guy should be coaching for his job.

^^^^^ This

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is preseason and all, five starters weren't on the field, I get that. But if this defense continues to play like it did Thursday night, I won't be shocked if we have a repeat of the 2010 meltdown that leads to Garrett being dismissed mid season.

I've seen division II football teams that were in better position and showed more enthusiasm for the game than what was on the field on Thursday. When the camera panned to Garrett on the sideline, everytime he had that same look of bewilderment that we have seen too many times, almost as though he either had no clue his defense was this bad or no clue how to fix it. He looked genuinely shocked that they were getting blown off the ball as badly as they were, with gaping holes up the middle.

Then I heard (or read, I don't remember) one of the DBs say the words I hated to hear: We weren't playing the system we practice. We don't want to tip our hand for the regular season. When I heard that I almost started to cry. All we heard during the 2010 preseason was how they weren't going to tip their hand - they were playing "vanilla." Look how that approach/excuse turned out.

Thursday was a new low. I've never seen the Cowboys, preseason or not, look as helpless to stop anything as they were then. It wasn't vanilla. It was cream puff.

This could be a looonnnnnnnnngggggg season, or, if you're Jason Garrett, it just might end up a short season.

I'm not giving up on them just yet, but I sure didn't like what I saw in that game. It was pathetic.

Here's to hoping Saturday will bring a glimmer of hope.:cheer2::cheer2:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is preseason and all, five starters weren't on the field, I get that. But if this defense continues to play like it did Thursday night, I won't be shocked if we have a repeat of the 2010 meltdown that leads to Garrett being dismissed mid season.

I've seen division II football teams that were in better position and showed more enthusiasm for the game than what was on the field on Thursday. When the camera panned to Garrett on the sideline, everytime he had that same look of bewilderment that we have seen too many times, almost as though he either had no clue his defense was this bad or no clue how to fix it. He looked genuinely shocked that they were getting blown off the ball as badly as they were, with gaping holes up the middle.

Then I heard (or read, I don't remember) one of the DBs say the words I hated to hear: We weren't playing the system we practice. We don't want to tip our hand for the regular season. When I heard that I almost started to cry. All we heard during the 2010 preseason was how they weren't going to tip their hand - they were playing "vanilla." Look how that approach/excuse turned out.

Thursday was a new low. I've never seen the Cowboys, preseason or not, look as helpless to stop anything as they were then. It wasn't vanilla. It was cream puff.

This could be a looonnnnnnnnngggggg season, or, if you're Jason Garrett, it just might end up a short season.

I'm not giving up on them just yet, but I sure didn't like what I saw in that game. It was pathetic.

:agree:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post!!!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows Dallas has a D thats not up to SB level but I think that leads to a fun regular season. The offense is very good and they will be in a lot of high scoring affairs. I FRIGGIN love Romo in fantasy this year. The Cowboys are going to score a ton. The coach has to be disciplined this year in getting Murray the ball a lot early. The D might under perform, but if you like high scoring games Dallas is going to be a fun team to watch this year.

I think Romo/Dez will be a killer fantasy combo this year. KILLER!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and this is definitely off topic but the team Im sky high on this year is the AZ Cardinals. Their new LT dominated yesterday and will have Cooper lining up to next him. If they had D. Washington I would definitely pick them as a possible SB team. Palmer worries me but with a good OLine for the first time in my life (haha) I think he is good enough, if protected.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its bad when your team is losing and 24-20 with 5 minutes on the clock and you are pissed when you get a 30 yard gain because you think you are going to score too fast.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% agree. Waiving Pom Pom's doesn't make someone more of a fan than folks who are dealing in reality. We may have been missing a few starters, but we weren't just playing guys who will be cut, nearly every guy who started was projected to make the 53 on D.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree. Waiving Pom Pom's doesn't make someone more of a fan than folks who are dealing in reality. We may have been missing a few starters, but we weren't just playing guys who will be cut, nearly every guy who started was projected to make the 53 on D.

I stand by what I said, but there is some truth in what Eiknarflin said.....none of our starting corners played so maybe that makes a bit of a difference, but then again why was there 2nd and 3rd team qb's so good they looked like pro bowlers to. The fact is this team on defense IMO looks like Swiss cheese with or without the starters, especially w/o Lawrence for half the season. If we can find a way to both dominate the clock running the ball and still somehow score 28 a game it's going to be interesting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:

I always scratched my head about this one. It's like we try to outsmart teams rather than just beat them on the Football field. Isn't it better that we perfect what we are going to do? Once you play a regular season game teams have the tape of that game any way. Why are we so worried about tipping our hand? I'd rather our guys learn their assignments because it was clear going back to Ryan's D that more often than not some guys just don't seem to know what they are supposed to do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game. How many starters did we play on defense? I keep reading different numbers. Or if someone remembers, who started on defense?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game. How many starters did we play on defense? I keep reading different numbers. Or if someone remembers, who started on defense?

I know none of our starting Corners played: Carr, Scandrick and Claiborne. Don't know about anyone else other than Lawerence who is projected to be a starter who didn't play.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scandrick didn't play either?
How about Melton? Who were the starting DL?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dline 1st series. Mincey. Hayden Coleman Crawford. Lbs. carter. Durant. Wilbur. CBs Mitchell. Webb. Safety Heath and Wilcox.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starters?
haden, crawford, Durant, Wilcox is all I saw if they are starters. Not sure Church made an appearance or not.