• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys game

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Hanie played tonight Weeden isn't worried about the #2QB. Vaughn looks nice for a UDFA. Tall with a strong arm. If Hanie doesn't play better next week he's probably an early cut.

yeah I think once Romo starts throwing more I think Hanie will be the 1st QB cut.
Can see Vaughn making our practice squad.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor execution inside the redzone. Still, I come away feeling better about the QB spots behind Romo than going in. That and a few defensive guys did okay. Dixon had a solid showing. Boatright flashed, Hitchens was so-so, Mitchell was quick, but he needs some work as does Bishop.

It's going to be a long season if any of these guys are forced to log a lot of minutes. Going to be a long enough season the way things stand today.

Thought Carter and Heath both played pretty well too. And then Carter spoke at halftime- Yikes . He thought the defense played well. I say some hustle with Mitchell. I thought Hitchens was pretty good and Coleman got going a bit in the second half. Dixon was the show though.

Finally, anyone upset at JJ for saying there would be a roster spot for Brent- I dont think you should be upset anymore

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor execution inside the redzone. Still, I come away feeling better about the QB spots behind Romo than going in. That and a few defensive guys did okay. Dixon had a solid showing. Boatright flashed, Hitchens was so-so, Mitchell was quick, but he needs some work as does Bishop.

It's going to be a long season if any of these guys are forced to log a lot of minutes. Going to be a long enough season the way things stand today.

sure seems that way..

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Carter and Heath both played pretty well too. And then Carter spoke at halftime- Yikes . He thought the defense played well. I say some hustle with Mitchell. I thought Hitchens was pretty good and Coleman got going a bit in the second half. Dixon was the show though.

Finally, anyone upset at JJ for saying there would be a roster spot for Brent- I dont think you should be upset anymore

not so sure on carter. heath either really
Hitchens showed some flash....long ways to go

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Heath flew around a bit. He did miss a big tackle but at least he was sticking his nose in there. Webb showed nothing. He looked as if he was running away from contact. Carter, I thought had a good firsst series. It looked like him and JJ Wilcox had a busted coverage. Actually I think Wilcox came up because he thought Rivers was going to scramble- which led to Carter by himself.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of reminiscent of last year. Both the defensive showing and the amount of players stuck on the side line. I will hold onto hope until I see the starters all together.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just leaves me wondering how much difference can Melton make. Top 4 corners out- I think Moore goes back in front of Mitchell. I heard Mitchell got 2 flags on the train ride over. Church was out , as well as Hamilton for the safeties. The LBs were there besides 55. DLINE was just horrible.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of reminiscent of last year. Both the defensive showing and the amount of players stuck on the side line. I will hold onto hope until I see the starters all together.

Thats a problem in itself. We dont know who the starters are on defense.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heath did what heath always does.
He has always hustled. Probably the only reason he stays on the team. He has always put hits on players but he doesn't tackle well. He hustled & missed tackles like he has always done. He did have the one good play where he put his hat on the ball at the goal line, but I didn't see him have a good game myself. Personally I wouldn't say Carter had a good game either.
I liked Bishops hustle on his illegal tackle way down field. For a DT being that far downfield trying to make the tackle was good to see. he stayed with the play. but the only player worthy of saying had a good game would be Dixon. Hitchens & Boatright had a couple good plays.

All in all it was a horrible game. Thankfully it is just the 1st preseason game. I don't care if we go 0-4 in preseason as long as we learn what we need to about these players. Also I still think playcalling sucks so far.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they let Williams run behind the 1s or 2s next game. Randle looked pretty good. I kind of liked the 4RTH QB .. Street looked smooth as did Newsome.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they let Williams run behind the 1s or 2s next game. Randle looked pretty good. I kind of liked the 4RTH QB .. Street looked smooth as did Newsome.

yeah I think Vaughn will end up our 3rd QB but I figure we carry only 2 QBs, so practice squad for him most likely.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'd say at least 5 who started tonight are not starters.

I think I read 4 starters started- Im assuming they meant- Wilcox, Carter, Wilber, Durant.??? / Not sure about DLine- I think Crawford is a starter. Coleman , Mincey and Hayden were out there. Selvie , Melton will be starters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I think Vaughn will end up our 3rd QB but I figure we carry only 2 QBs, so practice squad for him most likely.

I rarely say NEVER when it comes to sports but I'll break my rule here. We ARE NOT carrying 3QB's. Hanie will be cut and Vaughn will be placed on the PS.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys had a good first drive until two big penalties

this nonsense with the penalties has been ongoing since Garrett took over. This team cannot afford to continually shoot themselves in the foot. That opening drive was great until they starting moving backwards. Even the announcers said several things they were just told would be a point of emphasis (hands to the face in particular) were called twice in short order. Doesn't anyone pay attention on that team?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else think Hanie is garbage? He had people open and could never get the ball out. If romo and weeden went down we would be luck to win a game. Hanie sucks

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else think Hanie is garbage? He had people open and could never get the ball out. If romo and weeden went down we would be luck to win a game. Hanie sucks
I agree. I think he will be just another Arm to use until Romo starts throwing more often then they will cut him.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn need to not play anymore this preseason or he will get poached like Tanney last year and Moore years ago

JMHO