• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Free Agent talk

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys being very smart. You look at the talent in the upcoming draft closer. This is a very weak class. It will be full of busts. I only give about 10-12 players 1st round grades. The safties in this class are not impressive. The OL prospects are not good. The BEST available seem to be DL and maybe CB and RB.and they are going to be long gone by 58. We must sign a safety and DL through FA or trade. I give stevie and Mcclay credit for knowing this and trading for Amari. If you are going to trade away draft resources this is the year to do it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the official team twitter account tweeted this??? They can't be dumb enough to think fans will see hosting but not signing anyone is a good thing to take pressure off of the fact that they haven't done much in FA in years, can they? I suspect this means they are serious about these two.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicking the can down the road. It will catch them sooner rather than later. Same as it caught Dallas when they were forced to let DWare walk.

Don’t want to fight with you on your board but that isn’t what they are doing. This isn’t what Dallas did. Dallas was paying Miles Austin 10,000,000 a year while he was on the Eagles. They’ve been doing this for over a decade and it has never caught up to them. Dallas paid a mediocre RB over 50 million after running for 800 yards. Like I said, Philly has been doing the for a decade and have always been fine. Roy Williams (both of them) got mega deals they didn’t deserve.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t want to fight with you on your board but that isn’t what they are doing. This isn’t what Dallas did. Dallas was paying Miles Austin 10,000,000 a year while he was on the Eagles. They’ve been doing this for over a decade and it has never caught up to them. Dallas paid a mediocre RB over 50 million after running for 800 yards. Like I said, Philly has been doing the for a decade and have always been fine. Roy Williams (both of them) got mega deals they didn’t deserve.
Frankly if you don't want to fight me over this on this board, either get the fuck out of here, or simply ignore me. However restructuring contracts into later years is exactly kicking the can down the road.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly if you don't want to fight me over this on this board, either get the fuck out of here, or simply ignore me. However restructuring contracts into later years is exactly kicking the can down the road.

Relax. I came respectfully and you’re blowing up already. Philly has been doing this and have never had issues. Years after year after year. We only restructure with guys we know will 100% still will be on the team and not paying huge money to guys that were flashes in the pan. You never see the Eagles paying guys big money who are no longer with the team. I guarantee you they’ll be fine because they’ve been doing this for a long long time. That’s a huge difference between the two teams.

But both Dallas and Philly both will have legitimate and unavoidable cap issues when we resign Dak and Wentz. Just read a USA Today article that both Dak and Wentz are looking at 200 million dollar deals. There’s no getting around that.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax. I came respectfully and you’re blowing up already. Philly has been doing this and have never had issues. Years after year after year. We only restructure with guys we know will 100% still will be on the team and not paying huge money to guys that were flashes in the pan. You never see the Eagles paying guys big money who are no longer with the team. I guarantee you they’ll be fine because they’ve been doing this for a long long time. That’s a huge difference between the two teams.

But both Dallas and Philly both will have legitimate and unavoidable cap issues when we resign Dak and Wentz. Just read a USA Today article that both Dak and Wentz are looking at 200 million dollar deals. There’s no getting around that.
Look I don't like you period. Your on the Cowboys board saying you don't want to fight but tell me I'm wrong about the Eagles kicking the can down the road, when that's exactly what restructuring does. Again GTFO or ignore me.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move to get Cobb. Berry has other visits planned. If he wont sign cheap then good luck elsewhere.

I do hope they get quinn. We have to replace Gregory with someone that can immediately get pressure. Proven commodity . Like or hate Gregory, taco is not as good whatsoever.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there isn't a mother fucking thing you do on these boards with respect and 99.9% of the cowboy fans know this about you.

haul ass agenda drama boy!

Yawn. I stopped posting on “YOUR” board out of respect. There’s no drama, no real issue, we just disagree on a lot.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I don't like you period. Your on the Cowboys board saying you don't want to fight but tell me I'm wrong about the Eagles kicking the can down the road, when that's exactly what restructuring does. Again GTFO or ignore me.

Yeah, but youre wrong. There’s different ways to do it and Philly does it the way where you are fine and can circumvent the cap. Dallas did it totally differently and got in trouble plus a little bad luck with Romos injury. And you don’t even know me.

You can restructure for ever and ever like Philly does or you can hand out humongous contracts to mediocre players like Dallas did and get in trouble. We have always structured contracts with little dead money if cut, Dallas dismt

Last edited:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but youre wrong. There’s different ways to do it and Philly does it the way where you are fine and can circumvent the cap. Dallas did it totally differently and got in trouble plus a little bad luck with Romos injury. And you don’t even know me.

Ok tell me where the restructured $$$ go.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok tell me where the restructured $$$ go.

It does go down the road but your not carrying HUGE dead money. For example Kason Peters just resigned his deal for 3.5 million less and no down the road expenses. Fletcher Cox is getting paid over 23 million a year for two straight years. Philly will redo it for 2 years and guarantee him 15 million both years and shave 9 million back to back years. The issue isn’t restructuring its restructuring and cutting them. We only restructure with elite all pro types cause they won’t get cut. They’ve been doing this for over 10 years and never got in trouble. The Eagle fans told you we were fine and people didn’t believe us and for some reason you wouldn’t accept that Howie Roseman has the cap figured out. He is probably the best at it but for some reason you thought that wasn’t the case.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does go down the road but your not carrying HUGE dead money. For example Kason Peters just resigned his deal for 3.5 million less and no down the road expenses. Fletcher Cox is getting paid over 23 million a year for two straight years. Philly will redo it for 2 years and guarantee him 15 million both years and shave 9 million back to back years. The issue isn’t restructuring its restructuring and cutting them. We only restructure with elite all pro types cause they won’t get cut. They’ve been doing this for over 10 years and never got in trouble. The Eagle fans told you we were fine and people didn’t believe us and for some reason you wouldn’t accept that Howie Roseman has the cap figured out. He is probably the best at it but for some reason you thought that wasn’t the case.
Yes pushing cap space into the future = Kicking The Can Down The Road

You don't want to argue, but you falsely argue.

Again GTFO or ignore me. I didn't address you here, I made a comment on the Cowboys board and you magically show up.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes pushing cap space into the future = Kicking The Can Down The Road

You don't want to argue, but you falsely argue.

Again GTFO or ignore me. I didn't address you here, I made a comment on the Cowboys board and you magically show up.

Nope...I just check out the board every now and then. This is all for fun and laughs and I don’t get the territorial thing. Never made sense to me. I’m not falsely arguing. They Eagles never ever get in to trouble with the cap. I’m just stating that Philly’s restructuring is nothing at all like what got Dallas in trouble. We have other issues but cap management Philly has always been one of the best at.

Teddyg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1-you are wrong in this regard, Eagles haven’t been managing there cap this way for years....where they going to get into some cap difficulties is they are restructuring older players where if they don’t play out full contract they will deal with dead cap money, how much is TBD but can give them some difficulty in keeping some of there core group....