• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Free Agent talk

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about the Browns trying to hype themselves as the new Americas team?
The Packers tried...then the Patriots...then the Browns...
Watch any national sports talk show, listen to any of them on talk radio, count the number of times you hear ''Cowboys''...then total that up against not just how many times you hear ''Browns'', but how many times you hear ''Cowboys'' vs how many times you hear every other team combined. Case closed

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about the Browns trying to hype themselves as the new Americas team?
really doesn't matter....I think that shows itself over time in TV ratings, merchandise sales and overall interest in the team.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad we finally got a safety. Wasn't very good last season but still an improvement over Heath.
Still hope for another in round 2 or 3 but this team seems to devalue safety in the draft and expect a safety pick in round 5 or 6

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Quinn visiting the Saints today. I doubt we meet the dolphins demands

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys will always be America's team.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath really has not developed. He has the size and speed, but really no football smarts or instincts. Iloka on the other hand seems to understand football. Wish we would have at least brought in tre boston. Still would not be surprised if heath gets lots of playing time SMH

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm very happy with the signing. I am optimistic about what I read about him just not fitting in with what Minnesota does scheme wise with their safeties and how deep they were and think if we play him in the box he will work out well for us. I love the potential of Woods back there and I think having a true SS next to him will help. Plus the two of them together will provide some thump back there and help against the run. But, we still need to draft a safety IMO. I do think this move makes us a better team.

Last thought...if this team even considers the fact that they may still want to start Heath I'm going to vomit.

Amen

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones says the team is at a contract "impasse" with franchise-tagged DE DeMarcus Lawrence.
"We’re motivated to get something done and hopefully at some point we’ll get some momentum going," Jones said. "Right now, the best way to describe it is we’re at an impasse. We’re apart. But certainly optimistic." The sides have until July 15 to reach a long-term agreement. Lawrence reportedly considered the team's initial offer "not serious." This is going to take a while, if it happens at all.

not a pleasant update

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones says the team is at a contract "impasse" with franchise-tagged DE DeMarcus Lawrence.
"We’re motivated to get something done and hopefully at some point we’ll get some momentum going," Jones said. "Right now, the best way to describe it is we’re at an impasse. We’re apart. But certainly optimistic." The sides have until July 15 to reach a long-term agreement. Lawrence reportedly considered the team's initial offer "not serious." This is going to take a while, if it happens at all.

not a pleasant update
I want him on the Cowboys and we need him on the Cowboys. But everyone has a price they are worth to the team. If he is looking to be paid like Mack or Donald you tell him goodbye. No player is above the team and he is nowhere near as good as those two. But, he is better than Dee Ford and Flowers and they both got $18M per. About halfway in between Ford/Flowers and the top guys I guess??? Von Miller makes $19M per but he signed a few years ago so hard to use him as a barometer. I'd say about $20M max per is the ceiling of what he may get. I'd try for 5 years $92.5M to match Ford but would definitely go to $95M and could see going as high as about $100M I guess. Anything above that and I'm looking to trade him. It's a team game.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him on the Cowboys and we need him on the Cowboys. But everyone has a price they are worth to the team. If he is looking to be paid like Mack or Donald you tell him goodbye. No player is above the team and he is nowhere near as good as those two. But, he is better than Dee Ford and Flowers and they both got $18M per. About halfway in between Ford/Flowers and the top guys I guess??? Von Miller makes $19M per but he signed a few years ago so hard to use him as a barometer. I'd say about $20M max per is the ceiling of what he may get. I'd try for 5 years $92.5M to match Ford but would definitely go to $95M and could see going as high as about $100M I guess. Anything above that and I'm looking to trade him. It's a team game.

Citing multiple sources, Watkins reports that the gap between the Cowboys and Lawrence is only widening, as the 26-year-old has increased his financial demand, upping his ask from $20 million per year to $22.5 million per.

That is crazy. Trade his ass!!!

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad to see the FO leak this contract demand. We assume all the numbers mentioned are factual. But it puts the ball in DLaw's court. Go ahead and answer critics who will ask how you think you worth #2 defender money. Show the fans what's more important. Go ahead and sit out games with $20 million sitting on the table. Damn, if this doesn't end with a signature by Monday, I'd walk it back to 19 on Tuesday.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is Trade Lawrence and take what you can get a 2 or a 2 and a 3 but it will cripple the
Cowboys to pay him 22 mill a year sadly you have to look at the business side and that means managing the cap in ruthless fashion.
I also would not pay Dak or Zeke and trade them for picks
I love them all but you cant pay that kind of money to a DE QB and RB you have to choose
I would be searching for a Franchise QB and that's not Dak IMHO
We have been down this road before and Salary cap hell is insane.
Opinions will vary but that's
JMHO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is Trade Lawrence and take what you can get a 2 or a 2 and a 3 but it will cripple the
Cowboys to pay him 22 mill a year sadly you have to look at the business side and that means managing the cap in ruthless fashion.
I also would not pay Dak or Zeke and trade them for picks
I love them all but you cant pay that kind of money to a DE QB and RB you have to choose
I would be searching for a Franchise QB and that's not Dak IMHO
We have been down this road before and Salary cap hell is insane.
Opinions will vary but that's
JMHO

I agree. We cant pay DLaw 22.5 million per season. His demands are too high. The Cowboys made a mistake by franchising him last season. They should have paid him when he could have come cheaper.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we got two 1's for him it would set us back a bit but the Boys would have to get his replacement in the Draft and maybe someone else on the line. We seemed to hit fools gold on the 3 outta the last 4 pash rushers we have put our hopes in. Taco and the supporting cast won't get us far in the playoffs if we make it there.

Come second year and you would expect the two 1's are better and that may make the line better than if DL was here without much else. I don't know, I don't want to kick DL to the curb as he is so fun to watch and I would not like to see his talent somewhere else.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see that Daniel Ross get more snaps. I was bored last night and watched highlights of the Tampa game and liked what he did in that game. Yeah, he got penalized a few times,but he really was causing issues for Tampa.

That is one well traveled dude. I root for a guy who sticks with it the way he has.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we got two 1's for him it would set us back a bit but the Boys would have to get his replacement in the Draft and maybe someone else on the line. We seemed to hit fools gold on the 3 outta the last 4 pash rushers we have put our hopes in. Taco and the supporting cast won't get us far in the playoffs if we make it there.

Come second year and you would expect the two 1's are better and that may make the line better than if DL was here without much else. I don't know, I don't want to kick DL to the curb as he is so fun to watch and I would not like to see his talent somewhere else.
I don't think there is any chance of getting two #1's for him. I think we could get one first round pick. This is mostly because whomever trades for him has to also give him about $110M.

Maybe if Clowney signs soon his value will be clearer.

Reactions: GNG