• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

COWBOY'S Defense By The Numbers

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing what confidence can do for you. I think one of the understated attributes of this team is the confidence and bravado they play with. With guys like Dez, Elliott and the entire offensive line group (those guys are nasty!) this offense believes they are just flat out better than the other team. And they are.

I can't praise Elliott enough. He has been absolutely fantastic, helping (along with the Oline) set the tone for this entire football team.Zeke's attitude and style of play is infectious on the field.

To counter that swagger (hate that word), you have guys like Jason Witten, Sean Lee, and Dak Prescott keeping this team level headed. Prescott seems wise beyond his years, he has been the most impressive player in the entire league this season, IMO.

This team has surpassed all expectations for me, from the top of the roster to the very bottom, and every coach in between.
Zeke has been amazing, but my favorite that thing that he does is pass protect. How many guys has he just lfat out stone walled

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke has been amazing, but my favorite that thing that he does is pass protect. How many guys has he just lfat out stone walled

Zeke is tremendous. I literally have nothing negative to say about him and his performance so far this year. It's not unheard of for a rookie RB to have great success, we have seen plenty of examples in recent years, but in my lifetime I can't remember a rookie RB coming into the league and being the complete dominant 3 down package right out of the gate (maybe Edgerrin James?). Elliott was made for this!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing what confidence can do for you. I think one of the understated attributes of this team is the confidence and bravado they play with. With guys like Dez, Elliott and the entire offensive line group (those guys are nasty!) this offense believes they are just flat out better than the other team. And they are.

I can't praise Elliott enough. He has been absolutely fantastic, helping (along with the Oline) set the tone for this entire football team.Zeke's attitude and style of play is infectious on the field.

To counter that swagger (hate that word), you have guys like Jason Witten, Sean Lee, and Dak Prescott keeping this team level headed. Prescott seems wise beyond his years, he has been the most impressive player in the entire league this season, IMO.

This team has surpassed all expectations for me, from the top of the roster to the very bottom, and every coach in between.

I can't bitch about anything. Even my boy Wilcox has showed up

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest help for our defense has most likely not been time of possession but instead a drastic reduction in turnovers. They still aren't forcing turnovers, but we aren't coughing it up as much. Turnovers not only shorten our ToP but also give up short fields.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't bitch about anything. Even my boy Wilcox has showed up

Before the season started do you think I would have been thinking "Man, when is Mo coming back we need him"? Not a chance!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season started do you think I would have been thinking "Man, when is Mo coming back we need him"? Not a chance!
And how about me saying thank God at least Carr is playing!!!

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not trolling at all but i feel like the only reason the cowboys have a solid defense is because they ride on the momentum of a really great offense
It's not just that. They make teams work for points too. They have been really unlucky with turnovers so far.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense benefits from a dominant offense, no question. In the last four wins, the defense has produced zero turnovers. In that time, the Cowboys are averaging 30 a game. Think about how good your offense has to be to accomplish that. Imagine if the D were producing 1-2 turnovers per game, gaining possessions and allowing short fields.
Defense is competitive, but could use some playmakers. The 90's Cowboys had a whole bunch of good players, but they also had Haley, Deion, and DWoody. The current D has the solid guys, hopefully they can get the one or two difference makers this off-season, then look out
I agree, we need more play makers but we also need more luck. More often than not, turnovers are very fluky and the Cowboys haven't gotten any breaks in that department since the Green Bay game. Dropping 8 in coverage should be producing many more interceptions than it has. And when for once one our opponents mishandles a snap like Cousins did on Thanksgiving, it just bounces right back to them. Or, if we have a free shot at the QB like Scandrick had on Carson Wentz, they don't even fumble the ball. There have been a few instances this year where the Cowboys got pressure and I was wondering how they didn't force a fumble. Seriously, we have had no luck in turnovers. It's been that way the past two years. No doubt about it, the Cowboys lack play makers. Having more play makers and more QB pressure leads to more turnovers. But sometimes turnovers are just fluke occurrences as well. Do teams ever muff punts or mishandle snaps against us? How about fumbling on kickoffs? It seems to never happen. Do QBs ever throw an interception to us that is just so bad? And we've faced bad teams like the Browns and they never had any kind of gaffes to help us. I mean, we sacked Cody Kessler 4 times. We got a great amount of pressure on him. Did we get any gift TD like the Giants got? No. It's just fluke bullshit.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG is the worry for me. I like our team more, but anytime we play them, it's always back and forth. They have a passing game and a stout front 7, they would be our toughest playoff opponent IMO. As good as Seattle is, that's actually a matchup I would welcome, I think the Cowboys would have no problems moving the ball against them, and the Seahawks weakness on the OLine would help us on the other side of the ball
The Giants would scare me a lot more if they didn't struggle to win almost every single game during their winning streak. Yes, they beat us, but we were a different team then. They might even beat us again, but they don't scare me one bit. They squeaked by the Rams in London, the Eagles, the garbage Bears, the garbage Bengals, the Ravens, and even the Browns. The Giants had 7 sacks against the Browns and they still struggled to win. That game was close for the most part until the very end. Eli played like shit against a bad defense and their running game was mediocre as usual. The Giants don't scare me one bit. They have the 3rd worst point differential in the division, and that's only because Washington faced us last week and they faced the Browns. They have the worst SRS in the division. Football Outsiders has them as the worst team in the division. The Giants might actually be the worst team in the division, but the record just doesn't show it. I'm not a big stat guy but certain stats do matter. Advanced metrics show that the Giants are not a good team and the eye test does too. All you have to do is watch them play and you can see they've been winning with smoke and mirrors.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also drop a lot of possible interceptions and pressure often will make QBs not see defenders or make poor, rushed throws that result in ints. Also, when we drop 8 it often seems guys still get wide open some how. If we start getting a pass rush the QB won't have the time to always find the open guy and our D will struggle until we do. My gut says we get some pressure and two or three turnovers tonight...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants would scare me a lot more if they didn't struggle to win almost every single game during their winning streak. Yes, they beat us, but we were a different team then. They might even beat us again, but they don't scare me one bit. They squeaked by the Rams in London, the Eagles, the garbage Bears, the garbage Bengals, the Ravens, and even the Browns. The Giants had 7 sacks against the Browns and they still struggled to win. That game was close for the most part until the very end. Eli played like shit against a bad defense and their running game was mediocre as usual. The Giants don't scare me one bit. They have the 3rd worst point differential in the division, and that's only because Washington faced us last week and they faced the Browns. They have the worst SRS in the division. Football Outsiders has them as the worst team in the division. The Giants might actually be the worst team in the division, but the record just doesn't show it. I'm not a big stat guy but certain stats do matter. Advanced metrics show that the Giants are not a good team and the eye test does too. All you have to do is watch them play and you can see they've been winning with smoke and mirrors.
I'm not scared of the Giants, but football is about matchups, and they do match up pretty well with us

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what, Thursday games are great when you win. Makes watching other games on Sunday so much more fun. Losing a Thursday game will ruin the whole dang weekend.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what, Thursday games are great when you win. Makes watching other games on Sunday so much more fun. Losing a Thursday game will ruin the whole dang weekend.
This would be a big win for Dallas. NYG are gonna have their hands full against the Steelers Sunday

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared of the Giants, but football is about matchups, and they do match up pretty well with us

Yes they do. They are hard to run on. They have dynamic WRs and a QB that can play anyway you want it. He can play a grind out game or a shoot out.