• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys close to signing 49 year old Terrell Owens

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 years of being the redskins and Lions and here you are again promoting Dallas.

Let it go, other teams are more newsworthy. Don't be a Jerry Jones puppet

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see this and can't help but root for him if they do. I have no doubt he can still play.

Seriously?!?

There isnt a 49 year old in the history of the world that can line up and be a WR in the modern NFL.

No one that age can get in and out of breaks like today's NFL demands. Fast twitch muscles simply dont age like that. I dont give 2 shits if he can still run a 4.5 40. That doesn't matter. Straight-line speed in the NFL has become mostly irrelevant. If a WR cant gear down and get in an out of breaks, he is useless in the league today.

Make zero mistake about it. Terrell Owens did NOT play in today's era of passing. It's been over a decade since he has played in the league. And the league and what it asks a WR to do has changed greatly since he played. If he was 39, I would be saying pretty much the same thing as above. At 49 it is laughable to think he could make an impact any longer.

No team in the league is going to sign him. Especially not a playoff team that doesn't need a new circus.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!?

There isnt a 49 year old in the history of the world that can line up and be a WR in the modern NFL.

No one that age can get in and out of breaks like today's NFL demands. Fast twitch muscles simply dont age like that. I dont give 2 shits if he can still run a 4.5 40. That doesn't matter. Straight-line speed in the NFL has become mostly irrelevant. If a WR cant gear down and get in an out of breaks, he is useless in the league today.

Make zero mistake about it. Terrell Owens did NOT play in today's era of passing. It's been over a decade since he has played in the league. And the league and what it asks a WR to do has changed greatly since he played. If he was 39, I would be saying pretty much the same thing as above. At 49 it is laughable to think he could make an impact any longer.

No team in the league is going to sign him. Especially not a playoff team that doesn't need a new circus.
He could help the cowboys. They suck.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, T.O. was relatively well behaved when he was here in Buffalo.
He probably wants to break the record for oldest NFL player - a record that might not get broken again for a long, long time.

I can't see the Cowboys or any other playoff team taking him seriously.
He might be able to catch on with a team just to play one game - preferably in relatively warm weather.

Of course, he is 49, which (assuming he plays) he'll be rudely reminded of the fist time somebody hits him hard enough to knock him on his ass. Artificial turf is basically just padded cement - landing on that a few times would start to hurt pretty quickly.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!?

If Jerry Rice were still only 49 years old, I'd bet that he can do it. Look how Jerry Rice performed at 40 years old. 1,211 receiving yards at age 40!

Screenshot_417.jpg

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice might not be human, though.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jerry Rice were still only 49 years old, I'd bet that he can do it. Look how Jerry Rice performed at 40 years old. 1,211 receiving yards at age 40!

View attachment 317679

....and then look at how bad he was at 42. Do you know how bad a 46.9% catch percentage is? One of the best trained athletes the sport has ever known and he fell off a cliff at a certain age. And even he admitted in his retirement announcement that he thought it was better to end now rather than see himself benched as a 4th or 5th WR.

Could he have went out on the field at 49? Sure. Hell I could do that. But could he be anywhere close to productive and better than signing anyone else off another teams practice squad? No. Same is true with Owens now. Cowboys would be better off pilfering a practice squad guy than signing him.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well bring Michael Irvin and Randy Moss back.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Using dipshit Dov Klieman as a source is embarrassing enough. But to run with this is a joke.

All it took was adding the remaining words to the quote…

“We've been in constant communication with Jerry Jones' office over the last few days about the possibility of him returning our nonstop and inane calls."

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some team should kick the tires on Willie Gault. He's still got some speed!

View attachment 317697

Thing about Willie and Renaldo and even John Carlos is that they were fast but really couldn't catch the ball, especially in traffic.

TO could catch the ball.

Weird mother fucker but the guy could catch the ball. I even liked TO when he was an Iggle. Rooted for him in a SB where he played injured and still had a hell of a game. 9 for 122 playing with a high ankle sprain.

I WISH he could come back and play.

But I'd rather waste my 3 wishes on other things. So unless with wish # 3 I can ask for 10 more wishes, TO is going to stay retired.

Last edited: