• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys a good bet to win Super Bowl

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I keep telling you they weren’t on TV more then the Giants. Every region of our country has a team that is shown every week.
It might be a tad silly (my generalization) but that is typically why people turn their backs on their home team. They want to root for a winner.
Quote where one person said they were on MORE and I'll be the first to say they were wrong or miscommunicated their thoughts. But, don't forget Giants and Jets both even had a few games blacked out in the 70's. That how little even their most ardent fans were following them during that time

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote where one person said they were on MORE and I'll be the first to say they were wrong or miscommunicated their thoughts. But, don't forget Giants and Jets both even had a few games blacked out in the 70's. That how little even their most ardent fans were following them during that time

Yes, teams got blacked out more back then. The point is some Cowboy fans are saying they became a fan because they were always on TV and I’m saying... what about your HOME team. They aren’t on as much as them. I’m just saying it sounds like they are saying they had no other choice.
Everyone knows people root for the Cowboys because they won.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, teams got blacked out more back then. The point is some Cowboy fans are saying they became a fan because they were always on TV and I’m saying... what about your HOME team. They aren’t on as much as them. I’m just saying it sounds like they are saying they had no other choice.
They were on enough to be a 3rd option. I believe that is the point being made and understood by others.
There isn't one home team in many places. Already in NY or the bay area it was split between two teams and that immediately breaks down this whole idea of small town bonding around and rooting for one HS team. You don't have generations of people all huddled around at parties all liking the same team. Then you have other parts of the Country that don't necessarily even have a team within an hours drive and that too breaks that down.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were on enough to be a 3rd option. I believe that is the point being made and understood by others.
There isn't one home team in many places. Already in NY or the bay area it was split between two teams and that immediately breaks down this whole idea of small town bonding around and rooting for one HS team. You don't have generations of people all huddled around at parties all liking the same team. Then you have other parts of the Country that don't necessarily even have a team within an hours drive and that too breaks that down.
I cant wait to tell my friend whos lived in the Seattle area his whole life, who is also a life long Panther fan, that hes not actually a Panther fan since he grew up in Seattle.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a 5 or 6 year old who has no idea what a Super bowl is, likes a team before said team ever wins one, he's only a fan because the team is a winner?

Also lets take it one step further. A lets say a 7 year old kid jumps on a bandwagon because the team wins a Superbowl, then goes dormant for 1/4 of a century but now he's 32 and still a fan. Wouldn't that 32 year old jump ship, if your idea is right.

Here's another example. A kid is 3 months old when a team wins the superbowl, and around 5 he becomes a fan, 25 years later they still haven't one, basically means that he has never witnessed a win by the team he roots for, and yet he's still a fan?

All of those are true situations, yet you keep on insisting it's because they have issues and want to be connected with a winner. Why haven't they jumped ship and became Patriots fans, because if it's winning we crave there has been none better over that stretch.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't lie, I was worried when the Redskins hired Marty Schottenheimer. He had them going in the right direction too, and then Danny fired him.

Never forget the classic troll that Jeff Fisher did when he sent out all six players the Rams got in the RGIII trade to do the coin flip against Washington. His coordinator? Brian Schottenheimer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-over-rgiii-trade-during-pre-game-coin-flip/

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait to tell my friend whos lived in the Seattle area his whole life, who is also a life long Panther fan, that hes not actually a Panther fan since he grew up in Seattle.
Tell him FanCop is out to get him. Of course FanCop will say he doesn't care, then go on and on how it's wring to be like that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a 5 or 6 year old who has no idea what a Super bowl is, likes a team before said team ever wins one, he's only a fan because the team is a winner?

Also lets take it one step further. A lets say a 7 year old kid jumps on a bandwagon because the team wins a Superbowl, then goes dormant for 1/4 of a century but now he's 32 and still a fan. Wouldn't that 32 year old jump ship, if your idea is right.

Here's another example. A kid is 3 months old when a team wins the superbowl, and around 5 he becomes a fan, 25 years later they still haven't one, basically means that he has never witnessed a win by the team he roots for, and yet he's still a fan?

All of those are true situations, yet you keep on insisting it's because they have issues and want to be connected with a winner. Why haven't they jumped ship and became Patriots fans, because if it's winning we crave there has been none better over that stretch.
you're talking to a simple minded fool. Who is incapable of being convinced by logic.
Whatever his initial thoughts are. Are now unwavering facts in his simple mind.

Have you ever seen him say. hey good point. I change my mind.
He is incapable.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess according to Mr. Fancop, I ( and many other western Canadians of my generation) am not allowed to be Boston Bruin fans and still despise the Patriots and Red Sox.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're talking to a simple minded fool. Who is incapable of being convinced by logic.
Whatever his initial thoughts are. Are now unwavering facts in his simple mind.

Have you ever seen him say. hey good point. I change my mind.
He is incapable.
Nope, he's got his stilettos dug in deep here.

I can admit some Cowboys fans jumped on the band wsgon in the early 99's but some of those have jumped off also.

One shouldn't care how you became a fan of your team, as long as you stuck with them through the bad afterward.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a test. How do you feel about the Montreal Canadiens?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL team that seemed to win the Stanley Cup every damn year as I was growing up. I guess I'm supposed to be a Canadian's fan with my need to feel like a winner and all.
Oh, I hate hockey

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I hate hockey
You should give it a shot. The Bruins are pretty good right now if you have self esteem issues, and need to be associated with a winner. Nothing like the Canadiens of the 70s though.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should give it a shot. The Bruins are pretty good right now if you have self esteem issues, and need to be associated with a winner. Nothing like the Canadiens of the 70s though.
If I do get into Hockey I will be forced to root for the new Seattle team

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's anything like Vegas the fans will be there. Of course in Vegas the Knights were the only game in town, so that may have played into the mania.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you know what's good for you, you will :lm:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s not the issue. It’s the 100,000 to 1 ratio of Cowboy fans to Panther fans. I have no issue with who your buddy roots for. My point is they act like it had nothing to do with Dallas winning and winning and winning and we all know that’s nonsense.
I do admit I have no clue why people don’t have pride for their home town. I don’t root for the Eagles part. I root that they represent my city. I’m not rooting for Baltimore or Miami or whatever city because I have absolutely no ties to that city.