• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys’ Greg Hardy breaking point: Too much partying

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Modal Trigger
Photo: AP
Jerry Jones is going to have to fill another roster spot besides backup quarterback this offseason.

The Cowboys are likely done with defensive end Greg Hardy following his controversial 12-game stint with the team. But not because he allegedly battered his girlfriend or returned from an NFL suspension with unrepentant, sexist commentary.

“Hardy partied a lot during the season and was simply not in great physical shape as the season wore on,” per Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole.

Though Jones, the team’s owner and GM, praised Hardy’s contributions earlier in the season — even suggesting the idea of signing him to a long-term deal — he has since remained silent. Hardy’s presence and spotty attendance at team meanings also created tension in the locker room.

“Yeah, it grew. It definitely grew,” fellow defensive end Jeremy Mincey said in an interview with KDFW-TV last month.

“I hate it happened — you talk about a team that was so close-knit and tight, and off of a sudden it was just different. I wouldn’t say he’s the reason for that happening, but sometimes change, sometimes if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Hardy’s tenure in Dallas included making leering comments about Tom Brady’s supermodel wife, Gisele Bündchen, and causing a stir on the sidelines during the Oct. 25 matchup against the NFC East rival Giants in East Rutherford. The former Panther got tossed out of a special teams huddle, then pushed teammate Devin Street and engaged in screaming match with star wideout Dez Bryant.

Hardy originally signed a one-year, $11.3 million deal, though he was suspended for the first four games of the season following a domestic violence incident involving his then-girlfriend. He will become a free agent in March.

“If the Cowboys offer me an opportunity to stay, I would love to stay here,” Hardy told reporters earlier this month. “My man [Jerry Jones] took a nice chance on me, and I would love to repay that debt with a million sacks and a ton of wins.”

Head coach Jason Garrett, who led the injury-riddled Cowboys to a 4-12 record this season, declined to give Hardy a firm endorsement.

“I thought Greg did some good things for us on the field, defended the run well at times, impacted the quarterback at different times during the game,” Garrett said during Dallas’ season-ending press conference. “Don’t want to get into any personnel decisions right now.”

Hardy ended the season with 35 tackles, six sacks and one interception.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/29/cowboys-greg-hardy-breaking-point-too-much-partying/

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait...jerry called him a leader for they way he goes about his business.
That Jerry....

circus music anyone?

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Hardy only wants to start getting that "million sacks" next year. Cuz he sure wasn't doing it this year.
I'd be happy to help him pack.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Hardy reportedly arrested for drug possession, released by police
The ex-Cowboys DE is charged with possession of a controlled substance
Will Brinson

Former Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy was arrested for possession of a controlled substance on Sunday in Texas, according to a report from NBC in Dallas.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports Hardy was released by Richardson City Police, apparently on a $5,000 bond.
According to TMZ
, the drug in question is cocaine.
Hardy last played for the Cowboys in 2015 after sitting out the 2014 season on the Commissioner's Exempt List with the Carolina Panthers over allegations of domestic assault. Hardy was suspended for much of 2015 and was hardly a positive influence on the Dallas locker room.

Whether your're binging an old favorite or starting a new series, we've got all the essentials covered.
The Cowboys made it clear their experiment with Hardy would be a one-year run. And since then he's been unable to find work with another team, even reportedly getting upset about Aldon Smith landing a contract before he did.
This latest news makes it increasingly unlikely a team would be willing to risk the public-relations nightmare of signing Hardy.
Read between the lines here: the Cowboys, unafraid of taking chances on players, gambled on Hardy and quickly called the dogs off. No one else is willing to go near the young, talented defensive end. He's nuclear. And now he's been arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
It would've been difficult for a team to gamble on Hardy before. Now it's borderline impossible.

Just a dumbass being a dumbass, nothing to see here

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex cowboy. What about ex panther?? Oh wait, anything negative, he has to have only played for the cowboys.