• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Covers that are at least as good as the original

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Eric Burdon also do a kick ass cover of that song?

Yes...he/they most definitely did.....but more importantly, it's really good to see you, KS...how've you been doing??

* I posted the WoV version..not only because I really like it...but also because I used to hang out & party w/ them back during my college days in so cal. I was roommates with the brother of their drummer, Joe Nanini.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* I posted the WoV version..not only because I really like it...but also because I used to hang out & party w/ them back during my college days in so cal. I was roommates with the brother of their drummer, Joe Nanini.

Trying to get through this thread looking for a cover of certain song that might have been missed. Have one in mind...

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread went longer than a similar one more than a year ago.
Impressive. Might mean more people in the forum.
Or the first one sucked :D

Song Remakes; better than the Original | SportsHoopla Sports Forums
I thought this was a redo...but in the original threads are the songs I was thinking of posting so I won't post them again. However, I did find out that supoosedly 10,000 Maniacs version of Peace Train was dropped on the re-issue of In My Tribe because Natalie Merchant was disgusted that Yusef (Cat Stevens) supported the Islamic fatwahs...not sure as I haven't seen the re-issue.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to get through this thread looking for a cover of certain song that might have been missed. Have one in mind...

These threads get too long, gotta feeling what ever I'd post now has already been posted.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea who first did it but this is best version in my opinion. Like one of the comments says, "You can just hear the acid (LSD) dripping off the guitar strings." :pound:

I forgot all about these guys...for the last 40 years.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again not sure who did the original and everyone thinks of George Thorogood mostly when they hear this song but this is a great version with the incomparable Jim Morrison...