• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins might be playing last 3 games

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.Mike Shanahan will still be coach of this team next year. There will be some major changes though..

I agree. Dan hires a GM, promotes Bruce to team president.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Dan hires a GM, promotes Bruce to team president.

If that happens - you guys have fun - I might take a year off from this team. However - I see no way that this happens given this season & especially the last week.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you didnt agree with the case I made to keep Mike ?

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4150467-post64.html

Nope. If the events of the last week didn't happen I guess there would be a chance (slim). However - with what has transpired I just don't see it. I also don't want him back since he appears to be doing some things now that hurt the Skins in the end. Why would a fan even want a coach like that?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Post-Practice Press Conferences

i think both guys did well here . KC is a classy guy and i hope he does well

i cant see shanny coaching this team anymore

While I thought that was the best presser Mike has ever had, I tend to agree. Just don't see how he can come back. I believe the rift between Mike and RG3 has to be huge at this point and is probably even larger between Kyle and RG3. At this point, I don't know what or who to believe. But I do know this. After the smoke clears, there will still be 2 of these characters here, Dan and RG3. I just hope that the break up is professional and smooth. I'm tired of the drama. I also hope that Cousins lights it up the next 3 games. I'm not concerned about any ramifications of him playing well. A QB controversy with 2 very good QBs is not a concern of mine. If Cousins plays well, it is only good for the Redskins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. If the events of the last week didn't happen I guess there would be a chance (slim). However - with what has transpired I just don't see it. I also don't want him back since he appears to be doing some things now that hurt the Skins in the end. Why would a fan even want a coach like that?

:agree: he needs to go . a few weeks ago he says Rg3 needs all the snaps he can get and now he is worried about his health ? if the o/line cant keep Rg3 upright then how will it do for KC ?

i feel for KC . he is going to be the whipping boy for the team so the frnchise qb can be healthy going into the next off season

this is an audition for someone

i dont believe one one shanny is saying . i think we should trade RG3 asap and get another qb to be the franchise because this move says he isnt

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: he needs to go .

I'm calling for stay the course. Ignore the noise & media hype.

You're calling for blow it up and start over ?

Weird times.

this is a good listen.

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]410652735608877056[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: he needs to go . a few weeks ago he says Rg3 needs all the snaps he can get and now he is worried about his health ? if the o/line cant keep Rg3 upright then how will it do for KC ?

i feel for KC . he is going to be the whipping boy for the team so the frnchise qb can be healthy going into the next off season

i dont believe one one shanny is saying . i think we should trade RG3 asap and get another qb to be the franchise because this move says he isnt

Good points all, but remember this whole dust-up was based on MSs objection to preferential treatment for RGIII. So what does he do?? sits him to protect him for next season.....hmmmmmm, can anyone say, preferential treatment!!!

Mike Shanahan is no spring chicken, he's a wiley ole' NFL guy who, with the aid and assistance of all involved managed to completely change the focus from 3-10 to everything else that's being talked about. 3-10 gets you fired, not family squabbles. You can't change 3-10, group hugs all around gets you the awwwwwwwwww they love each other again.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read your case to keep mike, and agree with most of it. I do have a question for you though. If there is a true GM hired will there be conflict between the two of them?? (remember Mike asked for and got total autonomy) He might not be inclined to give that up very easily. .

I would not spend much time worrying about it. Shanahan is toast.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow - when you make a statement like this I take notice since you don't generally have kneejerk reactions. I am with you on this one completely. Hopefully - the dust settles in the not too distant future so that they can start to focus on actual football.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read your case to keep mike, and agree with most of it. I do have a question for you though. If there is a true GM hired will there be conflict between the two of them?? (remember Mike asked for and got total autonomy) He might not be inclined to give that up very easily. .

Sure, it will not be easy for Mike's ego to relinquish control & there will be conflict at times between Mike and a new GM. There is conflict in all relationships. And really thats what all of this boils down to, communication & relationships.

If Mike genuinely wants what is best for the future of this franchise, as he said he did in his presser today, then he will relinquish control of the personnel department to a GM who can make long term decisions about the direction of the franchise. In exchange Mike gets assurance that as head coach he has complete autonomy over scheme, play calling & which players to utilize as he sees fit.

I also think Mike should select new coordinators in consultation with a GM. Might be too big of a pill for Mike to swallow, but after this disaster of a season I think Mike is willing to make some concessions.

The difficult part is going to be Dan finding a GM who has an ego just a big as Mikes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - when you make a statement like this I take notice since you don't generally have kneejerk reactions. I am with you on this one completely. Hopefully - the dust settles in the not too distant future so that they can start to focus on actual football.

How can you as a HC make this move with the reasoning you gave ?

If i am KC and i do well you are saying it doesnt matter you arent the guy that Rg3 will be the starter next season and you really have no chance here . so go ahead and take the ass whipping that our o/line will provide and i hope you dont tear an ACL because RG3's ACL is more important then yours .

you are also telling the NFL , "here is your look at KC " and the bidding will now commence .

now if you are RG3 and KC does well and shanny comes to you next season and says , you know robert you had a great off season but KC is my guy now so sorry about lying to you because i wasnt man enough to give it to you straight

i really wanted tannehill but i'll make do with tannehill lite . let me trade you to the raiders for a couple of picks so you can compete with prior to back up mcgloin

i believe that is why he has to go

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, Mike is the HC for 3 more weeks, max. Dan will bring in a new HC with the understanding that RG3 is the QB, you can bet on that. There will be no controversy. IF KC does well, we get a better draft pick. If he struggles, we don't. Its that simple.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well now thats the real question being asked here isnt it? Every one says this line cant protect the QB. If Cousins goes in and does well, what does that tell us?? That maybe, maybe the line isnt as bad as advertised. If Cousins comes in and commands the offense, and does well, it raises alot of other questions.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, Mike is the HC for 3 more weeks, max. Dan will bring in a new HC with the understanding that RG3 is the QB, you can bet on that. There will be no controversy. IF KC does well, we get a better draft pick. If he struggles, we don't. Its that simple.

Come on j_y, its not that hard to see. If cousins goes in and does well it does a few things for Mike. Validates his picking Cousins to begin with. Totally invalidates the concept that it was all on the fact that the line couldnt block. Raises the real question of was RG3 actually ready to play and should Cousins have started out the season. Also to a degree would validate Kyle as a OC and play caller. We know there wont be a whole lot of read option. What we dont know is, will the offense call audibles over these last three weeks. And if we see more accuracy and WRs being open, Mike has done what he set out to do over these last three weeks no matter if he gets fired or not. and while some will say we need to be all in on RG3, I for one would love to see these questions asked and or answered.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on j_y, its not that hard to see. If cousins goes in and does well it does a few things for Mike. Validates his picking Cousins to begin with. Totally invalidates the concept that it was all on the fact that the line couldnt block. Raises the real question of was RG3 actually ready to play and should Cousins have started out the season. Also to a degree would validate Kyle as a OC and play caller. We know there wont be a whole lot of read option. What we dont know is, will the offense call audibles over these last three weeks. And if we see more accuracy and WRs being open, Mike has done what he set out to do over these last three weeks no matter if he gets fired or not. and while some will say we need to be all in on RG3, I for one would love to see these questions asked and or answered.

I agree with most all you say. But for the skins next year, it doesn't make any difference other than reinforcing what RG3 needs to work on. As far as validating mike and Kyle, since they won't be here, I couldn't care less. I'm looking forward, not back. BTW, I don't care how Kirk does, this OL sucks at pass blocking.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now thats the real question being asked here isnt it? Every one says this line cant protect the QB. If Cousins goes in and does well, what does that tell us?? That maybe, maybe the line isnt as bad as advertised. If Cousins comes in and commands the offense, and does well, it raises alot of other questions.

now wait a minute , i am pretty sure i have made a post saying the o/line isnt as bad as we thought about 5 weeks ago or so

i was told i was a fool and no matter of stats i pulled up in meant nothing

then the team gives up 24 sacks in 5 games and now we are back to the position i originally held ?

i am sure i said that Rg3 was at fault on some and missed blocks by Rbs and tes had something to do with it as well .

my thing is why cant we let Rg3 work through it ? and what does 3 games prove about KC ? RG3 started out hot and look at him now ? he is mike vick lite

but hey , lets see what KC has got . hopefully he can win those last 3 games and 6 wins sounds better then 3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most all you say. But for the skins next year, it doesn't make any difference other than reinforcing what RG3 needs to work on. As far as validating mike and Kyle, since they won't be here, I couldn't care less. I'm looking forward, not back. BTW, I don't care how Kirk does, this OL sucks at pass blocking.

Sorry man, but reality says if you dont look back at what you have done, odds increase you will make the same choices over again. As a fan of the team, you should want Cousins to do good. It would increase his over all value to the team. I realize you have given up on the coach and want to express ultimate support for RG3. But the concept of not wanting cousins to do well is counter productive to the best interest of the team.