• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins might be playing last 3 games

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, but reality says if you dont look back at what you have done, odds increase you will make the same choices over again. As a fan of the team, you should want Cousins to do good. It would increase his over all value to the team. I realize you have given up on the coach and want to express ultimate support for RG3. But the concept of not wanting cousins to do well is counter productive to the best interest of the team.

Read above a few posts. I'm pulling hard for Kirk. Only helps us going forward. He does well, we might get a 2nd. He tears it up, we might get a 1st. My position has nothing to do with my belief in RG3 and everything to do with dans belief and investment in RG3. RG3 is going nowhere wether you are a believer or not. I'm just being real.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read above a few posts. I'm pulling hard for Kirk. Only helps us going forward. He does well, we might get a 2nd. He tears it up, we might get a 1st. My position has nothing to do with my belief in RG3 and everything to do with dans belief and investment in RG3. RG3 is going nowhere wether you are a believer or not. I'm just being real.

If he does well, we will get a first for him. If he tears it up, we will get multiple firsts.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does well, we will get a first for him. If he tears it up, we will get multiple firsts.

I wish. Alex smith went for 2 2nds. Kolb went for a second and a player. Kassel went for a 2nd and a player after going 11-5 and taking his team to the playoffs. Even if KC tears it up, he's not going to get more than any of those guys.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i say trade him if he isnt the franchise qb . why go through anymore BS and lose the opportunity to get some picks back ? it makes no sense not too

or could it be that some people have hope he will be the franchise guy and wont admit it ?

we traded those picks for an elite qb not mike vick lite

we can build that awful o/line up with those picks

pull the trigger or stop with the mike vick lite nonsense

we didnt pay for "very good "

as for KC , i hope he tears it up and makes the choice as hard as possible

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say trade him if he isnt the franchise qb . why go through anymore BS and lose the opportunity to get some picks back ? it makes no sense not too

or could it be that some people have hope he will be the franchise guy and wont admit it ?

we traded those picks for an elite qb not mike vick lite we can build that awful o/line up with those picks

pull the trigger or stop with the mike vick lite nonsense we didnt pay for "very good "

Dad, I've always maintained he is our franchise qb and believe he can develop into a great qb. Not sure where the confusion comes from. Has this year been a set back? Absolutely. But he has all of the physical and mental skills. My concern is does he recognize what he needs to work on (all fixable) and who he will work with to develop his skills.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, I've always maintained he is our franchise qb and believe he can develop into a great qb. Not sure where the confusion comes from. Has this year been a set back? Absolutely. But he has all of the physical and mental skills. My concern is does he recognize what he needs to work on (all fixable) and who he will work with to develop his skills.

oh i know your belief's sorry if you think this is a response directed solely at you it isnt .

it is squarely directed at people who dont feel he is . and if they are right then we should move him

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we traded those picks for an elite qb not mike vick lite

we can build that awful o/line up with those picks

pull the trigger or stop with the mike vick lite nonsense

we didnt pay for "very good "

And I say, why does it have to be decided after year two which you made every possible concession for his poor play, if he is the franchise QB or not?? You are being as melodram as a 14 year old with braces who just found out her arch frienemey has the same prom dress. You dont proclaim a guy the franchise simply because you traded the farm for him. You also dont toss him out just because you realized too late you rushed him back and he played like shit accordingly more often than not. You sound like you want them to deal him just so you can say I told you so if the move ultimately fails.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I say, why does it have to be decided after year two which you made every possible concession for his poor play, if he is the franchise QB or not?? You are being as melodram as a 14 year old with braces who just found out her arch frienemey has the same prom dress. You dont proclaim a guy the franchise simply because you traded the farm for him. You also dont toss him out just because you realized too late you rushed him back and he played like shit accordingly more often than not. You sound like you want them to deal him just so you can say I told you so if the move ultimately fails.

it was decided he wasnt a franchise qb and that we got the wrong guy before year 2 was even done

you said that not me . and i say ok if that is true then trade him and get some of our investment back

whats to wait for if he has no possibility of being a franchise qb ?

is that melodrama ? that is me taking what you , dean and others have said and taking it to the level it needs to in an effort to build this team as fast as possible

i dont get why you are against trading him .

if he cant perform to our expectation and he has been accommodated the best the team can

then get we can and move on . no need to wait

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was decided he wasnt a franchise qb and that we got the wrong guy before year 2 was even done

you said that not me . and i say ok if that is true then trade him and get some of our investment back

whats to wait for if he has no possibility of being a franchise qb ?

is that melodrama ? that is me taking what you , dean and others have said and taking it to the level it needs to in an effort to build this team as fast as possible

i dont get why you are against trading him .

if he cant perform to our expectation and he has been accommodated the best the team can

then get we can and move on . no need to wait

Yea, I do think we got the wrong guy. But I dont think you compound one mistake with a rash decision. Plain and simple.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I do think we got the wrong guy. But I dont think you compound one mistake with a rash decision. Plain and simple.

I want to make sure I understand. Do you think we got the wrong guy or we paid too much for the guy we got?

Also, RG3 is our franchise QB. He may not yet be playing to that level, but he is our guy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to make sure I understand. Do you think we got the wrong guy or we paid too much for the guy we got?

Also, RG3 is our franchise QB. He may not yet be playing to that level, but he is our guy.

Little of both. I was never a fan of an option QB with no training from under center. In light of that i think we gave up way too much to get him. that being said, once the deal was done, to a degree you live with it. I think it would be a serious mistake to try and deal him, because once it is known we want to deal him, we wont get nearly what many are thinking. the Broncos got a conditional 6th for tebow after all. That being said, trading him now would be admitting the mistake, which I dont see us doing. And considering we wont get back half what we gave up for him, it would just be compounding a mistake on top of giving up too much for him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok how is that rash ? to me you get something back for him rather then risk getting nothing

what is rash is to declare him a franchise guy or not a franchise guy based on one season full of turmoil

but my opinion is if you got the wrong guy then you got the wrong guy and it is hardly a rash choice to cut your losses and get what you can salvage back from that mistake

what is the purpose of holding on to a guy you know isnt worth what you paid for and wont be what you expect him to be

if you dont think he can win super bowls with him then he isnt the guy whether he is mike vick lite or and avg qb . why go through JC part dew?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok how is that rash ? to me you get something back for him rather then risk getting nothing

what is rash is to declare him a franchise guy or not a franchise guy based on one season full of turmoil

but my opinion is if you got the wrong guy then you got the wrong guy and it is hardly a rash choice to cut your losses and get what you can salvage back from that mistake

what is the purpose of holding on to a guy you know isnt worth what you paid for and wont be what you expect him to be

if you dont think he can win super bowls with him then he isnt the guy whether he is mike vick lite or and avg qb . why go through JC part dew?

Its Rash because you wont get nearly what you gave up to get him. You then still need a QB (if the new coach doesn't see cousins as the guy). We gave up too much for him. My opinion. He isnt yet a franchise QB (Debatable fact based on his play. the Knee Injury isnt the reason he cant read defenses or progressions). As much as i think the trade will ultimately fail... he is better than Campbell.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk will tear it up because he is playing against 3 shit defenses. 1st round pick here we come

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Rash because you wont get nearly what you gave up to get him. You then still need a QB (if the new coach doesn't see cousins as the guy). We gave up too much for him. My opinion. He isnt yet a franchise QB (Debatable fact based on his play. the Knee Injury isnt the reason he cant read defenses or progressions). As much as i think the trade will ultimately fail... he is better than Campbell.

and by waiting and letting him sink some more, that will increase the value ?

and there are other options out there for qb .

and if we keep him WE STILL need a qb .

trade him and get whatever picks we can get for him . RG3 isnt tebow PLUS is he ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and by waiting and letting him sink some more, that will increase the value ?

and there are other options out there for qb .

and if we keep him WE STILL need a qb .

trade him and get whatever picks we can get for him . RG3 isnt tebow PLUS is he ?

You are just arguing for the sake of it now dude. I get it. Reverse Psychology. We both know you dont give up on him yet even if it might ultimately fail. But my point which you refuse to accept is, you dont just call a guy a franchise QB because you sold the farm to get him. Call it what it is, see if he improves, and if not you are no worse off than you were three years ago.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just arguing for the sake of it now dude. I get it. Reverse Psychology. We both know you dont give up on him yet even if it might ultimately fail. But my point which you refuse to accept is, you dont just call a guy a franchise QB because you sold the farm to get him. Call it what it is, see if he improves, and if not you are no worse off than you were three years ago.

Again - who cares if a guy is a "Franchise QB". What does that really mean anyhow? A lot of people would not call Flacco a Franchise QB yet he has won a SB & gets the job done. Whether it is RG3, Cousins or whoever I could care less what people call them. The only thing that matters is whether they are effective and win.

For RG3 he obviously did both of these very well in one season & failed miserably on both in another season. In all likelihood he will be the starter at the beginning of next season. You simply evaluate him on both points at that time. If he fails miserably again then - sure - make plans to go in another direction. Too many factors at this time to go that route after year 2.