• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Countdown to Cancellation Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found out yesterday that the local drive-in theater is open (just operating under restrictions). Makes sense, though. Everybody just has to stay in their car. I kinda want to catch a movie now. I think they even lowered the prices.

Yeah, I read that some drive-ins were opening. Wish there was one near me. Used to love drive in theaters.

There used to be a drive in theater nearby that I used to go to. There was a great pizza place on the way. So the wife and kids and I would stop there, grab a pizza and when we got to the theater we'd get sodas.

They used to do double features too.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found out yesterday that the local drive-in theater is open (just operating under restrictions). Makes sense, though. Everybody just has to stay in their car. I kinda want to catch a movie now. I think they even lowered the prices.
And if its just you and your wife, and no kids, just take an empty cup for relieving yourself:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would be more likely to call him a scumbag if he threw his brother under the bus.

He obviously screwed up. But he was probably a good person who made a really bad mistake.

Agree. If I remember what I read correctly back then, he had flown Kobe many times and Kobe used to actually request him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean.

Definitely not a cool thing to say.

But he is trying to defend his brother. Who made a very costly and tragic mistake. I can’t be mad at that. I think most people would somehow defend their close relative in a similar situation.
A futile statement in trying defend what was clearly pilot error by an expert who got them killed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A futile statement in trying defend what was clearly pilot error by an expert who got them killed

That isn’t the point.

@Wamu called him a scumbag for defending his brother.

And I don’t think that is fair. People are supposed stick by family when they back mistakes. If your fam doesn’t have your back, then probably nobody does.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t the point.

And I don’t think that is fair. People are supposed stick by family when they back mistakes. If your fam doesn’t have your back, then probably nobody does.
I think thats going a bit far and I do understand the Pilot's logic...As I said before, the company would have had each passenger sign a waiver of liability...Now tell me how many people you think would signed that after being told of the actual danger?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t the point.

And really it's just a standard response to a lawsuit. A defendant will raise all available defenses and will claim that the plaintiff is at least partly liable. When I first saw it here, I thought his brother just made this statement in an interview with the media, but actually it was in the response to the lawsuit filed by Kobe's wife.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point towards a return to the NBA season it seems

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And really it's just a standard response to a lawsuit. A defendant will raise all available defenses and will claim that the plaintiff is at least partly liable. When I first saw it here, I thought his brother just made this statement in an interview with the media, but actually it was in the response to the lawsuit filed by Kobe's wife.
Pretty much that is it....A brother is going to defend his own...It is not even worthy of being noticed... Only an idiot takes that seriously and their is no question liability here

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq O'neal on Lakers nation is arguing to cancel the season and wait for the new season. He says any titled won would be cheapened and not respected. He has some good point, but....

I say finish the season and finish the playoffs and settle it and then delay the new season untiln12.25.2020 and then let the new seasons to continue that way

So basically cancel the season so he doesn't have to work

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great news and yeah, players have to understand that someone could test positive and they aren't going to shut things down.

Obviously, it's a little easier because it's an individual sport, but on the MMA card they had on Saturday, one of the fighters tested positive.

They just cancelled his fight, quarantined him and went on with the card.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically cancel the season so he doesn't have to work
Well, he doesnt have to work with the money he has, so i doubt thats it, but he certainly isnt considering those in need and is being his usual selfish self

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he doesnt have to work with the money he has, so i doubt thats it, but he certainly isnt considering those in need and is being his usual selfish self

Yes I love his reasoning of "people won't respect it

Because that's the foremost concern right now

Pretty sure the Spurs trophy looks the same from 99

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I havent really ever liked him for many years. I think he is a very selfish person

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He literally could have used virtually any other reasoning and sounded smarter. lol

If anything, when you consider what is going on right now and how starved people are for anything that resembles normalcy...I think a case can be made that this years title would be more respected.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t the point.

Yes I did call him a scumbag. His comment was outta line. Kobe should have known better so all of the sudden that tradegy isn't the pilots fault? I call BS on that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Something he said 12 years ago makes him an ass today.

Ok, if you say so.

Now outside of Magic when have I ever said something nice about current or former Lakers?