• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Westbrook really be traded to the Celtics?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I deal Smart in the Butler deal

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSNNE is reporting that this trade is close to being done. The word is that the Celtics will not do the trade unless Westbrook signs at least a two year extension. In other words, Ainge won't do it unless he has Westbrook in hand through the end of the 2019 season. Ainge isn't stupid. He's noit going to give up young players and potentially great picks for a one year "take a chance".

Don't be surprised to see Ainge got both Westbrook and Griffin. NESN was reporting last night that Ainge was also talking with Sacramento about Cousins. Lots of teams are interested in the C's picks for the next three years.

I highly doubt that to happen. Why would Westbrook sign a 2 year if he can go into free agency to any team he wants unless he wants to be in Boston.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want him I want Butler. That is a good contract Celtics could trade Amir/Jerebko this year with picks to make the numbers work. You would have Butler until 2021. Then sign Hayward next year in Free Agency.

Starters: IT, Sweet AL, Jimmy B, Not so Flash Gordon, Jae Crowder
Bench: Yasulube the French Freak, Jaylen Brown, ABradley, 2017 Pick 1/ Harry Giles /Josh Jackson, Jordan Mickey, Terry Rozier, Kelly O, The Slavic Giant

Also gone: RJ Hunter, James Young, a lottery pick and maybe a few seconds

actually this would be pretty sweet as well

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone keeps forgetting that he WANTS to become a free agent, so anyone dumb enough to trade for him will, just like you said, give up a LOT for a one-year rental.

I agree. I've seen some people suggest that the Heat and/or Lakers trade for him. Love Westbrook as a player, but I'm not giving up Winslow and Richardson just to have him as a one-year rental. Also, how pissed would Laker land be if you gave up a 2 of the 3 (maybe 4) of Clarkson, Russel, Randle, as well as Ingram and Westbrook signs elsewhere in 2017.

Every GM knows that Westbrook's leaving. The time to pounce on him is in 2017 in July, not midway through the year.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says no to this trade:

OKC: Trades Westbrook and Anthony Morrow
Receives: Ricky Rubio, Kris Dunn & Nerlens Noel

Minnesota trades: Ricky Rubio, Kris Dunn & Zack Lavine, 2nd Rd Pick
Receives: Russell Westbrook and Anthony Morrow

Philly Trades: Nerlens Noel
Philly Receives: Zach Lavine, 2nd Rd Pick.
The Wolves, why give up that much for a rental?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSNNE is reporting that this trade is close to being done. The word is that the Celtics will not do the trade unless Westbrook signs at least a two year extension. In other words, Ainge won't do it unless he has Westbrook in hand through the end of the 2019 season. Ainge isn't stupid. He's noit going to give up young players and potentially great picks for a one year "take a chance".

Don't be surprised to see Ainge got both Westbrook and Griffin. NESN was reporting last night that Ainge was also talking with Sacramento about Cousins. Lots of teams are interested in the C's picks for the next three years.
then its not happening...

i thought it would- but if a condition is RW has to resign- why would he give up his flexibility when free agency is a year away- with a CBA that MIGHT do something with max contracts...

makes no sense for him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His reluctance to sign an extension with anyone is likely why he won't be traded...But if he is moved - Brown, Smart, Crowder, and picks would be a good package.

Ultimately I think OKC rides this out with him. Worst case scenario is that he leaves as a FA and they're in play for the top pick in the 2018 draft.

Way too much for Boston to give up.

If I were them, I would not give up any core piece, aside from possibly Isaiah, and certainly not one of the Nets picks.

It has to be assumed that Westbrook is a one year rental. The price should reflect that. He is worth no more than 50 cents in the dollar.

Brown + Isaiah would make sense for the Celtics. Anything more would be a bad idea.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this truly is the case then absolutely! I think Ainge really needs to make something like this happen. Right now he is in a little hot water with me.

Ainge is living off of 2 things. His early draft years like 04, and Seattle taking #5 for Ray Allen in 2007, giving him the 2008 title, and of course the tear down of the Big 3 trade with Brooklyn. Seattle doesn't make that trade I doubt Ainge is even here still.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he happy?
I don't remember him having any problem in Phoenix. He was aquired in a sign and trade which means he basically chose to come to us. If anything that pissed Dragic off. Thomas wanted to come here and knew he would be a third PG.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how this trade could possibly happen but I've been wrong before.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart was in the Butler deal but Chicago wanted both Nets Picks

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge is living off of 2 things. His early draft years like 04, and Seattle taking #5 for Ray Allen in 2007, giving him the 2008 title, and of course the tear down of the Big 3 trade with Brooklyn. Seattle doesn't make that trade I doubt Ainge is even here still.

Yeah most likely. Good point

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Thunder eyeing Westbrook trade, Celtics most likely partner
Obviously as a Pacers fan I hope he stays in the other conference in OKC, but damn Boston has some pieces to offer. They could offer any package including Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Jaylen Brown, Kelly Olynyk, or Jae Crowder.

If this goes through the Cavs are now longer a surefire bet to win the East next year like the know-it-alls on my other thread are claiming...
The Cavs would still be the favorite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Nets picks are the two most valuable future assets in the league today. I honestly do not think the Celtics should trade them. No matter what they get, I doubt it will be enough to beat Golden State any time soon.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Nets picks are the two most valuable future assets in the league today. I honestly do not think the Celtics should trade them. No matter what they get, I doubt it will be enough to beat Golden State any time soon.
And they sure as hell shouldn't do it without RW locked up.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he demand a trade, regardless with his production I doubt he wants to sit on the bench even if it is sixth man. I would think they would include Thomas in the trade.
You're thinking of Dragic. Thomas never demanded a trade.