• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"The Klaw" to the Clippers

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes too much sense to me other than them being in the West since the Spurs have made it known they prefer dealing him to the Eastern Conference.

If Kawhi truly wants to be in LAC long term and commits to sign an extension, and they throw this offer to the Spurs, who says no?

SAN: Tobias Harris, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, 2019 1st round pick unprotected

LAC: Kawhi Leonard

Spurs remain competitive by adding two pieces that are young but will contribute right away, Harris and LMA could carry the load offensively for them. SGA seems very Spursy to me, if Pop is up for the challenge to develop him he could become a star there. SGA & Lonnie Walker would give them their backcourt of the future as well. Adding a 20 PPG potential scorer, a PG of the future and a future 1st... Good luck finding a better package than that.

Clippers add Leonard to give them an insanely good defensive team, Pat Bev- Avery Bradley-Kawhi-Mhab a Moute-Gortat would be one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, with Lou Will giving you a scoring punch off the bench. That's a playoff team.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca how would you feel about this? It is a lot to give up, but if you get Kawhi long term he's a game changer & just about to enter his prime.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don’t think he will give the Clippers any consideration at all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes too much sense to me other than them being in the West since the Spurs have made it known they prefer dealing him to the Eastern Conference.

If Kawhi truly wants to be in LAC long term and commits to sign an extension, and they throw this offer to the Spurs, who says no?

SAN: Tobias Harris, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, 2019 1st round pick unprotected

LAC: Kawhi Leonard

Spurs remain competitive by adding two pieces that are young but will contribute right away, Harris and LMA could carry the load offensively for them. SGA seems very Spursy to me, if Pop is up for the challenge to develop him he could become a star there. SGA & Lonnie Walker would give them their backcourt of the future as well. Adding a 20 PPG potential scorer, a PG of the future and a future 1st... Good luck finding a better package than that.

Clippers add Leonard to give them an insanely good defensive team, Pat Bev- Avery Bradley-Kawhi-Mhab a Moute-Gortat would be one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, with Lou Will giving you a scoring punch off the bench. That's a playoff team.

How is that better than what the Lakers have offered not too long ago - Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and picks.

I get the Spurs are reluctant to deal with a rival but at the end of the day they need to get as much as possible and what's best for their team and the future.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that better than what the Lakers have offered not too long ago - Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and picks.

I get the Spurs are reluctant to deal with a rival but at the end of the day they need to get as much as possible and what's best for their team and the future.

Because the Spurs stated that they want to remain competitive in any trade they make while also building their foundation for the future. Tobias Harris better than any of those players you listed (at the moment) and SGA could end up being the PG of the future for them, I have no horse in the race but if I had to pick between Kuzma, Ingram, Hart and picks or Harris, SGA and a 1st I'd take the Clippers deal all day long.

Not saying LA's offer *if that even is their offer* is bad or anything, just think the Clippers are a better fit for what San Antonio is trying to accomplish.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misleading thread title... makes it seem like a done deal.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he go to the Clippers.
They will be destroyed in the playoffs every year.

If its not the Lakers its the Celtics, Sixers or Raptors.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca how would you feel about this? It is a lot to give up, but if you get Kawhi long term he's a game changer & just about to enter his prime.
Problem is, the Spurs think the Clippers assets are Shit.

I would give up any combination of players to get him if he was willing to sign long-term.

Clippers offered both Rookies and Harris.

Pop said....

:finger2:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he go to the Clippers.
They will be destroyed in the playoffs every year.

If its not the Lakers its the Celtics, Sixers or Raptors.

You're probably right, but there are reports he wants to go to the Clippers, he's wanting to stay in LA which is near where he's from. No idea whether or not he doesn't want to play next to LeBron, but that's been reported as well. At the end of the day, the teams trading for him need to be convinced he'd resign there before sending out a big time offer.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, but there are reports he wants to go to the Clippers, he's wanting to stay in LA which is near where he's from. No idea whether or not he doesn't want to play next to LeBron, but that's been reported as well. At the end of the day, the teams trading for him need to be convinced he'd resign there before sending out a big time offer.

I agree. And I think thats what is holding up the deal right now

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, the Spurs think the Clippers assets are Shit.

I would give up any combination of players to get him if he was willing to sign long-term.

Clippers offered both Rookies and Harris.

Pop said....

:finger2:

Is that true?! I don't even like Robinson much but I'm very high on SGA and think Harris would fit in with the Spurs perfectly. Maybe he truly just doesn't want to play him 4 times a year, would rather deal him East for a lesser return. :crazy:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Spurs stated that they want to remain competitive in any trade they make while also building their foundation for the future. Tobias Harris better than any of those players you listed (at the moment) and SGA could end up being the PG of the future for them, I have no horse in the race but if I had to pick between Kuzma, Ingram, Hart and picks or Harris, SGA and a 1st I'd take the Clippers deal all day long.

Not saying LA's offer *if that even is their offer* is bad or anything, just think the Clippers are a better fit for what San Antonio is trying to accomplish.

Harris is a good player I'll give you that but I think Ingram has a lot more potential and a higher ceiling. Plus he's like 5 years younger than Harris too.

Either way I'm glad the Spurs didn't take that offer. From what I hear LeBron is really looking forward to playing with the young guys.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that true?! I don't even like Robinson much but I'm very high on SGA and think Harris would fit in with the Spurs perfectly. Maybe he truly just doesn't want to play him 4 times a year, would rather deal him East for a lesser return. :crazy:

Tom Haberstroh: So which team does Kawhi suit up for next year? Who do you think is the leader in the clubhouse to get his services?

Michael Wright: Well, contrary to, and I don’t know if it’s changed. I think that’s what happened. Things have changed. But the Lakers are not Kawhi’s preferred destination anymore. He wants to go to the Clippers. He doesn’t want to go and be second fiddle to LeBron. That’s what I was told. And it was by somebody that would know. And so right now, the Clippers are where he wants to go. But I’m also told, like you know, I talked to people within the Spurs organization and they’re like, ‘well yeah he wants to go to the Clippers, but their assets are shit at this point.’ That’s what I was told.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is a good player I'll give you that but I think Ingram has a lot more potential and a higher ceiling. Plus he's like 5 years younger than Harris too.

Either way I'm glad the Spurs didn't take that offer. From what I hear LeBron is really looking forward to playing with the young guys.

Like I said, Harris is better right now and what the Spurs want in a trade is someone that can help them compete right away while adding a young piece to their core at the same time. Ingram could be better in a few years no doubt, but Pop doesn't have that kind of time left. Either way, if Kawhi gets dealt somewhere else, waits it out and becomes a FA and goes to the Lakers next year then that's a huge win for them. Keep their young pieces and add a star without giving up any assets.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any trade to the clippers would have to include both Harris and Lou Williams and even that might not be enough.

It would also really deplete the clippers roster.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Haberstroh: So which team does Kawhi suit up for next year? Who do you think is the leader in the clubhouse to get his services?

Michael Wright: Well, contrary to, and I don’t know if it’s changed. I think that’s what happened. Things have changed. But the Lakers are not Kawhi’s preferred destination anymore. He wants to go to the Clippers. He doesn’t want to go and be second fiddle to LeBron. That’s what I was told. And it was by somebody that would know. And so right now, the Clippers are where he wants to go. But I’m also told, like you know, I talked to people within the Spurs organization and they’re like, ‘well yeah he wants to go to the Clippers, but their assets are shit at this point.’ That’s what I was told.

I'm telling you.... if the Spurs keep this up his price is only going to drop and their return will diminish if his camp leaks that he will only sign in one destination after the season. They'll be crawling back to the Clippers saying "PLEASE WE WANT YOUR SHIT!!" by September if this thing keeps dragging out.

Reactions: DJ

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. This was before the draft so maybe if they are super high on SGA and saw his summer league things have changed? Still depends on how they view Harris though ultimately. Some basketball people love him, others are "meh" on him.
I'd like to keep Tobias.

But, not at the max....lol