• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Westbrook really be traded to the Celtics?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Thunder eyeing Westbrook trade, Celtics most likely partner
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-thunder-eyeing-westbrook-trade-celtics-most-likely-partner/
Obviously as a Pacers fan I hope he stays in the other conference in OKC, but damn Boston has some pieces to offer. They could offer any package including Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Jaylen Brown, Kelly Olynyk, or Jae Crowder.

If this goes through the Cavs are now longer a surefire bet to win the East next year like the know-it-alls on my other thread are claiming...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Marcus Smart and a couple of high picks and maybe a couple of low ones? Not sure what OKC would be looking for exactly.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, can we get any actual basketball analysis here?...Like How would he fit with Isiah Thomas? Or who would start at SG for Boston? Would he sign an extension with them? What seed would Boston be with or without Westbrook?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, can we get any actual basketball analysis here?...Like How would he fit with Isiah Thomas? Or who would start at SG for Boston? Would he sign an extension with them? What seed would Boston be with or without Westbrook?

Yes. They are both PG's so they probably wouldn't fit. Most likely not. He might sign an extension depending on if he likes Boston and if they contend for a title. With-1 or 2, without-2 or 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I get home I will give you basketball analysis

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard to judge fit because we don't know who will be included.

RW and Horford would work well together in the pick and roll game. Aside from that, we won't know if Thomas, Bradley, Crowder or whatever combination of them will be gone, so it's hard to judge.

RW for sure would not sign a contract extension. It makes no sense for him to do it now. He'll wait to the off-season and it will depend on who entices him the most. The smart money is on the Lakers and Knicks. Westbrook likes being a fashion guy and would fit in well in NY. He's also from LA so he has hometown roots in addition to their scene.

Again it'd be hard to predict what seed Boston would be with Westbrook because we don't know what they'd be giving up. It's a huge difference if they give up say Brown over Crowder in terms of immediate impact. Same in the situation of Bradley or Thomas.

With Westbrook, the Celtics are an easy top 4 seed. It'd be a toss up for the #2 seed between Toronto, Indiana and Boston.

Without Westbrook, the Celtics looks like a 6-7 seed. I'm expecting improvements from the Pistons this year and could jump up. Could see some regression on both the Hornets and Heat.

If I'm the Celtics, I try to offer Thomas, Brown and picks. I'd try to keep both Bradley and Crowder because I think they would fit excellent next to each other.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on who they give up.

the new pick Brown, Smart, Crowder, Bradley, the Brooklyn picks and pick swaps....it just depends on what is going back...its hard to really tell until then.

Having Horford, Thomas and RW as your Big 3 with a likely deep bench and a very good coach would mean the Celtics would def be #2 in the East- thats for sure...and the Cavs biggest competition.

I dont think Thomas would be very happy going to the bench- but a starting lineup of him and RW seems redundant....that might not be a great fit- but they could move thomas easily enough- maybe for a big man...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder is the guy everyone wants- i think he is signed for 4 more years at like a total of less than 30 million.....

it would surprise me if they did not insist on him being included---- all though- if Boston holds him back- OKC can really get a ton of picks outta them.

The Brooklyn pick is a given i would think.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC rebuilding with Brown and IT2 is a really good starting point.