• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could USC actually beat Alabama on Week 1?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look like the game comes down to whether or not USC Can play with 8 in the box. With that it will be a good game, if a young Bama quarterback takes that away, it looks like another year of watching SC on my DVR.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the jersey swapping issue. Was that against Oregon? I seem to recall it was a smaller directional school and he had a guy disguised on one of the special teams by switching jerseys for the play. It wasn't even the play so much as it was the fact it was against a team they really didn't need any special tricks to beat that bothered me.

EDIT I think it was the Colorado game in 2014. They won that game like 50-6. Really didn't need to play those types of games. But Lane's gonna Lane.

The "deflategate" was Oregon. Yeah, the jersey switching game was Colorado. I was at that game too. :L

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a unproven qb please throw it all over the field vs a pair of 5 star corners. usc may not have a proven guy either but a slight different situation. guy who learned as back up for 3 years much like the march sanchez, john david booty of years past.

I'm not sure if you want Bama's QB throwing on SC's secondary, regardless of inexperience. You guys are returning a pretty bad secondary. Weren't ya'll ranked like #97 in the country in pass efficiency defense?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "deflategate" was Oregon. Yeah, the jersey switching game was Colorado. I was at that game too. :L
My reaction was, geez, its like picking on a handicapped person.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if you want Bama's QB throwing on SC's secondary, regardless of inexperience. You guys are returning a pretty bad secondary. Weren't ya'll ranked like #97 in the country in pass efficiency defense?

All they need to be able to do is defend the bubble screen.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Cutty Sark factor?

Maybe he takes Kiffykins out partying the night before in the Big D and Lane doesn't show up for the game?

Wait..........,

That will still benefit Bama....:tsk:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of the bad defense credit went to DC Wilcox who fans were calling to be fired most of the season. Iman Marshall was on a learning curve but came on second half of season. Most of the so called experts are calling for them to have a much improved top 10-15 secondary.

Oh and firejustinwilcox.com still exists. How many DC's around had a website dedicated to firing them?

Last edited:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can USC stop the run?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the bad defense credit went to DC Wilcox who fans were calling to be fired most of the season. Iman Marshall was on a learning curve but came on second half of season. Most of the so called experts are calling for them to have a much improved top 10-15 secondary.

Oh and firejustinwilcox.com still exists. How many DC's around had a website dedicated to firing them?

We should have had one. Beford fielded the worst defense statistically in Texas history last year. I repeat, the worst in history. You'll hear the pundits cry about how young we were on defense, but still, it's not acceptable to be the worst defensive unit statistically in your school's history.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can USC stop the run?

I think SC can stop the run with 8 in the box, but not straight up. Kind of thing where you have to pick your poison.

We should have had one. Beford fielded the worst defense statistically in Texas history last year. I repeat, the worst in history. You'll hear the pundits cry about how young we were on defense, but still, it's not acceptable to be the worst defensive unit statistically in your school's history.

And yes, I am hoping that much of the 97th rated passing efficiency defense was due to Wilcox, it looks like we have fantastic athletes back there.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SC can stop the run with 8 in the box, but not straight up. Kind of thing where you have to pick your poison.

And yes, I am hoping that much of the 97th rated passing efficiency defense was due to Wilcox, it looks like we have fantastic athletes back there.
SC may have lost its defensive line. But you could also say losing Wilcox was a plus.. The fundamentals like tackling were awful under Wilcox . His play calling was atrocious. He wouldn't stack the box on running plays . And it doesn't matter how good your secondary is when you leave them exposed. Cravens was a bigger loss than people may realize. But they did also fill a lot of holes on signing day. They picked up some freshman that may very well start and make an impact. i agree with trojanfan and think sc is about a year off. nut if pedegast gets the defense to gel and flow where wilcox failed. and brown or darnold fins chemistry with a very talented offense . which includes a couple of very under rated rb's an experienced Oline and possibly the best wr corps in the country including some freshman. This could be a very interesting game and season.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trevor Knight can beat them, yes.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go with nope on this one. Bama gonna take this one

Who you guys playing that week? Greensboro? Bowling Green? Covington County High School? I forget. :scratch: