• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Pete Carroll come back to USC

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to come back to a USC program in shambles.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Duffman why would Pete Carroll direct money to a student's family to get him to LEAVE USC?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is the fact, but the narrative was they paid for Bush to come to SC.

Which obviously was false. As you and I both know, no money was given to Bush's family for him to come to USC.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this time around Pete can pay players to join his team so this could fit

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, really. Bush himself wasn't even the main beneficiary of what happened.

His stepfather and an associate, Lloyd Lake, decided to start their own sports agency with Reggie as their 1st client. The associate arranged with a 3rd party, Michael Michaels, for his family to live rent free in a home that he owned and gave them money to start the business.

Reggie was then supposed to pay Michaels back when he signed his first NFL contract. This was all done 3 hours away from USC in San Diego. One of the guys involved, I think it was Lloyd Lake, was quoted as saying that they knew they had to stay away from USC because it could get Reggie and USC in trouble.

It all started coming out when it became obvious that Reggie would be signing with a different agency and Michaels was afraid he would not get his money back.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, really. Bush himself wasn't even the main beneficiary of what happened.

His stepfather and an associate, Lloyd Lake, decided to start their own sports agency with Reggie as their 1st client. The associate arranged with a 3rd party, Michael Michaels, for his family to live rent free in a home that he owned and gave them money to start the business.

Reggie was then supposed to pay Michaels back when he signed his first NFL contract. This was all done 3 hours away from USC in San Diego. One of the guys involved, I think it was Lloyd Lake, was quoted as saying that they knew they had to stay away from USC because it could get Reggie and USC in trouble.

It all started coming out when it became obvious the Reggie would be signing with a different agency and Michaels was afraid he would not get his money back.

Too bad that Lloyd Lake fella did that, he really fucked things up for your Trojans. From what I remember USC itself gave nothing illegal to Reggie or his family. But it was fucked up that Carroll threw LenDale White off a building. :heh: Remember that stunt that Pete pulled back in the day?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither applies to me. The coach always knows these things, but it happens everywhere.

Surely you must have some evidence that Pete Carroll knew about this. After all, the investigation went on for years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad that Lloyd Lake fella did that, he really fucked things up for your Trojans. From what I remember USC itself gave nothing illegal to Reggie or his family. But it was fucked up that Carroll threw LenDale White off a building. :heh: Remember that stunt that Pete pulled back in the day?

Yeah, Reggie was already at USC when everything happened.

The funny part (and why people who think USC was part of it crack me up) is that he was a junior and the whole thing was built around him declaring at the end of his junior season. USC was trying to convince him to come back for his senior year.

So, if they were involved, they'd essentially have been paying him to leave early.

Yeah, I guess the team thought it was pretty funny...but it did not play well outside of the football team. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither applies to me. The coach always knows these things, but it happens everywhere.

lol

So you believe that USC was paying Reggie to leave school a year early?

Because that is what what would be required to believe USC knew.