• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cotton Bowl tOSU vs USC almost now ESPN

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he needs more time to work on his game.And will develop more next year.But I'm not going to take anything away from Ohio States defense.Who would you like to start for USC next year?How do you set USC's depth chart at QB for 2018?
Ohio State's D played well. I'm not so much worried about who will play QB next year as who will replace this inept coaching staff next year. They need to get some guys in there to coach these 5 star recruits. There is no excuse for not being able to come up with something to counter that blitz scheme.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold needs to stay at USC for another year. He is not really for the NFL, but again I'm not an NFL scout.
I agree.SC will have a stronger o line next year.And I think Darnold needs to work on balance and his reads.He does have the talent but Darnold playing another year.Holds several advantages for both him and SC.Curious if great motaldayne knows SC's depth chart at QB.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State's D played well. I'm not so much worried about who will play QB next year as who will replace this inept coaching staff next year. They need to get some guys in there to coach these 5 star recruits. There is no excuse for not being able to come up with something to counter that blitz scheme.
So you have no idea what SC's depth chart is at QB looks like next year.Or how Darnold would greatly benefit SC and their future at QB :L I would hate to think you are a homer.....Coaching staff is fine

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.SC will have a stronger o line next year.And I think Darnold needs to work on balance and his reads.He does have the talent but Darnold playing another year.Holds several advantages for both him and SC.Curious if great motaldayne knows SC's depth chart at QB.

So hard to see a player returning to college when they know there is a good chance they're selected in the top 5 of the NFL draft but I do agree that he should return for another year.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is darnold the fattest p5 qb?

hes a chunky monkey

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have no idea what SC's depth chart is at QB looks like next year.Or how Darnold would greatly benefit SC and their future at QB :L I would hate to think you are a homer.....Coaching staff is fine
Correct. That question was pointless.

Coaching staff OK? Have you seen how many games, when protecting a nice 4th quarter lead, they leave their Corners in man coverage with no help letting the other team score quickly? Did you see anything they tried to do differently to offset that pass rush tonight; anything at all? Did you see anything they tried differently as Notre Dame was dominating them? Anything at all to stop Washington State?

When the original game plan is not working, they are unable to make in-game changes. They depend strictly on having better athletes than the opposition. When that does not happen, like against ND and OSU, you see the results. I'll wait to give you time to come up with something.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hard to see a player returning to college when they know there is a good chance they're selected in the top 5 of the NFL draft but I do agree that he should return for another year.
Darnold is a tough call right now.SC does have Sears and JT Daniels reclassified to class of 18.Because he either wants to start or sit a year behind Darnold. Injuries are always a risk.But Darnold is not fragile like Rosen.He will have an upgraded line next season.The young WR's are finally kicking into gear.In this case it may be more beneficial to play another year.He may get guaranteed money but in Darnolds case the extra year may be the difference between another SC QB bust.And having a solid career imo.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. That question was pointless.

Coaching staff OK? Have you seen how many games, when protecting a nice 4th quarter lead, they leave their Corners in man coverage with no help letting the other team score quickly? Did you see anything they tried to do differently to offset that pass rush tonight; anything at all? Did you see anything they tried differently as Notre Dame was dominating them? Anything at all to stop Washington State?

When the original game plan is not working, they are unable to make in-game changes. They depend strictly on having better athletes than the opposition. When that does not happen, like against ND and OSU, you see the results. I'll wait to give you time to come up with something.
Actually the question wasn't pointless.JT Daniels reclassifying is a big reason Darnold may stay.....But you knew that right?Its kinda a big topic regarding USC :dhd:

And I like the aggressive Pendergast defense.Unless you forgot what SC's defense looked like prior.Pendergast has the defense moving back toward the old school SC defenses :L The D didnt lose the game

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the question wasn't pointless.JT Daniels reclassifying is a big reason Darnold may stay.....But you knew that right?Its kinda a big topic regarding USC :dhd:

And I like the aggressive Pendergast defense.Unless you forgot what SC's defense looked like prior.Pendergast has the defense moving back toward the old school SC defenses :L The D didnt lose the game

Lolz

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just has a cherub-like face, makes it seem like he's bigger than he is
I think the poster that said Darnold looks like the bad guy from the incredibles was spot on :L
Syndrome.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard to see because it's not going to happen.

If he gets a draft grade that says he goes in the 1st round - he is gone. Period. And any coach that would try to get him to stay with such a grade should be fired for being incompetent and not looking out for their players best interest.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just has a cherub-like face, makes it seem like he's bigger than he is
I dunno, i think he eats more than he works out, maybe he'd be faster if he dropped some of that insulation :D at this point there is no way for the B1G to have a losing bowl season against any conference! Woot!