• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cotchery signing with Steelers

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty good back in the day. Not sure how much he has left in the tank.

Jerricho Cotchery - WR - Jets

Jerricho Cotchery is expecting to be released if free agent Derrick Mason passes his physical with the Jets.
Cotchery's offseason back surgery combined with the signing of Plaxico Burress spelled the end. Even at age 36, Mason is an upgrade as a possession receiver for the Jets. Cotchery figures to hit the market in search of a one-year "prove it" deal.
Related: Derrick Mason
Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter
Aug 4, 12:41 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's a tough dude. Living outside the city, I hear a lot of Jets stuff. And it's always been good when about him, both on and off the field.

I root for the guy and wouldn't mind bringing him in, but word is he's going to start the season on the PUP list.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From barrows
Cotchery could soon be a FA possibility... @RichCimini: Jerricho Cotchery says he will be released to make room for Derrick Mason.
UberSocial • 8/4/11 11:43 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From barrows
Cotchery could soon be a FA possibility... @RichCimini: Jerricho Cotchery says he will be released to make room for Derrick Mason.
UberSocial • 8/4/11 11:43 AM

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learn something every day....

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
Now that J. Cotchery is a former Jet, watch forPhilip Rivers to push for the Chargers to sign him. They're lifelong friends.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cotchery failed his physical with the Jets, according to Aaron Wilson.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Crotch go to the Chargers. They are my 2nd favorite team behind the Niners. One has to have another team to cheer for when your team hasn't been to the playoffs since 2002...

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd like to see Crotch go to the Chargers. They are my 2nd favorite team behind the Niners. One has to have another team to cheer for when your team hasn't been to the playoffs since 2002...

I live in SD now but been a Niner fan since Steve Young years.

So I conviently call the 49ers my NFC team and Chargers my AFC team.

They have also swapped some players and coaches too! (Turner, Manusky, Spikes, LaBoy, and Applewhite), so it's becoming more gray. :-)

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

They have also swapped some players and coaches too! (Turner, Manusky, Spikes, LaBoy, and Applewhite), so it's becoming more gray. :-)

Alex Smith is from SD also and he gets ribbed by the 49er team mates for wearing Padres hats.

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I could never get into being a "fan" of another team, even in the darkest of niner years. I could root for teams to win a game (usually it was any team playing the Cowboys), but I never felt the connection like with the niners. It sure will feel good again when the niners are once again one of the threats to win the Super Bowl every year.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indeed. I used to be really enjoy watching LT in his earlier years and I'm also a fan of Eric Weddle. Vincent Jackson (with some help from Deangelo Williams) almost single handedly won my fantasy football league a couple years ago too. Kellen Winslow was one of my favorite non-49ers when growing up and that's what started my fondness of the Chargers. All that being said, I was happy to see the Chargers get demolished in the 95' superbowl!

I could never get into being a "fan" of another team, even in the darkest of niner years. I could root for teams to win a game (usually it was any team playing the Cowboys), but I never felt the connection like with the niners. It sure will feel good again when the niners are once again one of the threats to win the Super Bowl every year.

It's not on the same level as the 49ers. I would never cheer for any team to beat them. San Diego is in the AFC, so the 49ers rarely play them (although they lit us up last year).

I'm thinking in 3-5 years, they will once again be a serious threat.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerricho Cotchery - WR - Jets
Free agent WR Jerricho Cotchery will reportedly visit the Steelers on Sunday.
The Carroll County Times' Aaron Wilson reports he will take a physical, so a deal may already be close. Wilson also reports that Cotchery remains in talks with the Ravens, however, who could make a big push for his services after losing Derrick Mason to the Jets on Saturday.
Related: Ravens, Steelers

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter
Former Jets WR Jericho Cotchery will agree to terms today on a one-year contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. More at ESPN.com.
4 minutes ago