• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Corey Lemonier - 3rd Rd Steal

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have traded Ahmad than Parys because of Cap considerations with how well Lemon and Cam are playing. But I think this year Brooks plays out and hell be gone next year when Lemon and Cam are ready to take over either full time or in a platoon type role. Was never against trading Brooks Justin was another story because there has not been a free agent or de we could have gotten fit to even carry his shoes much less take his place.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just want to randomly say that I think this Niners' draft class has a chance to go down as one of the greatest of all time. :)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to randomly say that I think this Niners' draft class has a chance to go down as one of the greatest of all time. :)

Agreed. I'm very high on all of our picks. There really wasn't a pick that I didn't like. Eric Reid, Vance McDonald, Correy Lemonier, and Quinton Patton have all looked really good thus far. We still haven't got a chance to see what Tank and Lattimoore can do.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mix into it Moody and Daniels and this may very well be that draft.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank and Lattimore!!!! those are the guys that will spin media heads!!! well maybe more so Lattimore than Tank, but get ready!!! 2014!!!

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that Seattle is our biggest rival, because there are cool Seahawk fans-like the originator of this thread. It's a beautiful city, I love the Pacific Northwest, and it's a fun place to visit. Wilson is a solid dude. Lynch too.

But then you have Carroll and Richard Sherman and Cliff Avril and all the shit talking in the offseason...

As far as Lemonier- I agree as far as being a steal!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Did anyone else notice how much 4-3 the Niners ran with Ray & JSmith at DT and Aldon & Brooks at DE? This is all the more reason Corey Lemonier needs to steal Brooks' job or at least sub in for him a lot soon. Lemonier is a natural pass rusher; Brooks is a converted inside linebacker. Brooks' overall game is really good, but if he's going to rush the passer (especially as a 4-3 LDE) as much as he did against the Packers, Lemonier needs to take his job IMO.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else notice how much 4-3 the Niners ran with Ray & JSmith at DT and Aldon & Brooks at DE? This is all the more reason Corey Lemonier needs to steal Brooks' job or at least sub in for him a lot soon. Lemonier is a natural pass rusher; Brooks is a converted inside linebacker. Brooks' overall game is really good, but if he's going to rush the passer (especially as a 4-3 LDE) as much as he did against the Packers, Lemonier needs to take his job IMO.

The Niners have to plan on rotating their line more. Before the trades of Haralson and Johnson, I assumed that was the plan for this coming season. If you look at the snap counts, Dorsey and Ian Williams only played 8 and 10 snaps, respectively, during the entire game. However, Williams is more of a run stuffer so I can see him playing more snaps against the Seahawks. Why not rotate Skuta and Lemonier every once and awhile?

Carradine coming back, whenever that is, will help on the depth as well but there's no way the Niners can expect their defensive line to keep the pressure at the end of the season when the Smith brothers are constantly playing almost snap per game.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you Sick - i think it's a matter of time Lamonier takes the starting role....You think we could possibly see him a bit this sunday?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
having younger players replace older players is everyone's general plan. in the big picture, it is the natural turnover every GM hopes for after a good draft. yeah, we ALL hope Lemonier is better, and better fast.

but don't underestimate Brooks overall game right now.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NS, have you seen the greatest NFL drafts shown on NFL Network? I remember the 1974 Steelers was rated #1 and your 9ers had a top 3. I can't remember the year but I remember it was the year Tom Rathman was drafted and Bill Walsh kept trading down accumulating picks. Walsh picked like 5 or 6 guys that were part of the late 80's SB teams and into the 90's. Can't remember the details.

I know the Steelers drafted 4 HOFers in the first 5 rds. It was Swann, Lambert, Stallworth and Webster. I remember Rooney checked out tape from wherever Stallworth went to college and wouldn't return it to the school because he feared other NFL teams would want John.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NS, have you seen the greatest NFL drafts shown on NFL Network? I remember the 1974 Steelers was rated #1 and your 9ers had a top 3. I can't remember the year but I remember it was the year Tom Rathman was drafted and Bill Walsh kept trading down accumulating picks. Walsh picked like 5 or 6 guys that were part of the late 80's SB teams and into the 90's. Can't remember the details.

I know the Steelers drafted 4 HOFers in the first 5 rds. It was Swann, Lambert, Stallworth and Webster. I remember Rooney checked out tape from wherever Stallworth went to college and wouldn't return it to the school because he feared other NFL teams would want John.

1981: Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Carlton Williamson and Pete Kugler. All key cogs in that Super Bowl unit as rookies.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PC/JS have been excellent drafters but they messed up a bit this year. I was calling for Lemonier for our LEO position in rd 3. You took him next. I felt, but who knows, that Jordan Hill was a 4th rd guy and would've been there. Then we take CHarper? He was never on any radar. Now, it's apparent that we should've take Lemonier since we axed Harper and you end up getting our 4th rdr?
:wtf2:

I like JHill if in the 4th and JWilliams in the 5th but now he's injured. I'm a huge Christine Michael guy and hope he plays in the second half of the season because CM is explosive and better than Turbin. Turbin is o.k. but gets tripped up too easily.

When we drafted CMichael, my first thought was, we just drafted a RB that resembles and runs like Frank Gore. Both have that 5'10 and 220 lb frame. Both run with that low center of gravity or with good pad level (whatever the buzz word is these days).

CM has a bit more wiggle but where Gore is so good is he allows the play to develop in front of him, finds the gap and blasts through it hidden behind a big OL. He has destroyed us many a game with that philosophy and when we had garbage safeties, he'd be gone and I'd break another TV.

I have a lot of respect for Gore, so it seems crazy that I can compare a rookie with the leading SF rusher in history. It's all in my "eye test" and it's impossible to find RB twins but when we called CM, I was like.... hmmm. Hopefully he turns out to be as good as Gore because that's who he reminds me of.

Your opinion? 1 minute vid.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1981: Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Carlton Williamson and Pete Kugler. All key cogs in that Super Bowl unit as rookies.

That was a great draft for the secondary but the highest ranked 9er class had Tom Rathman based on NFL Network voting. Do you know that year?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That was a great draft for the secondary but the highest ranked 9er class had Tom Rathman based on NFL Network voting. Do you know that year?

1986. People usually go to the Niners' '86 draft and the Steelers' '74 draft when talking about the greatest of all time. They're probably the top 2...

Recently, the Panthers' 2001 draft comes to mind as a great one.
I think the Colts' 2012 draft could be a really great one (although the Luck pick was easy).
The 49ers' 2007 draft was pretty amazing.
The Ravens' '96 class was great.
You gotta include the Tom Brady class in 2000.
The Cowboys' 2005 draft was a great one.

...but if the Niners get a safety of Reid's caliber (at least how he looks), a great pass-rushing DE, a great utility TE & a 10-sack caliber OLB in a class where they weren't picking very high, that would go down as one of the greats by itself. But if Patton can contribute and Lattimore can come back to full strength, it could go down as one of the all-time greats IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1986. People usually go to the Niners' '86 draft and the Steelers' '74 draft when talking about the greatest of all time. They're probably the top 2...

I think the Colts' 2012 draft could be a really great one (although the Luck pick was easy).

...but if the Niners get a safety of Reid's caliber (at least how he looks), a great pass-rushing DE, a great utility TE & a 10-sack caliber OLB in a class where they weren't picking very high, that would go down as one of the greats by itself. But if Patton can contribute and Lattimore can come back to full strength, it could go down as one of the all-time greats IMO.

good point, we were picking very late too.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aw yes, the Weinke draft :)

I get that the Brady pick itself was one of the best ever but how is the entire class a great one? I'm also curious as to why the 2005 Cowboys is considered great.