• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Corey Lemonier - 3rd Rd Steal

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels good to see A Hawk fan hurt we took Lemonier from them. I loved the pick and still kind of hurt that the Niners traded up I was hoping for Earl Thomas but we got Anthony Davis who I must say has proved to have been a good pick for us... But Earl Thomas was easily my favorite player coming out in the draft for a a few years... I almost put my fist through the TV when the Niners wasted a draft pick on Taylor Mays. I get a lot of picks wrong I won't deny but Mays I knew would be as useless as tits on a bull and only warranted a draft pick because he played for media darling USC.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemonier is going to make Brooks expendable here within te next 1-2 years. This guy has great instincts. I just hope he learns patience. A good qb will get him to jump offsides often if he's not careful.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's good enough to make Brooks expendable now. He's already a better pass rusher IMO.

When did your obsession with impossible trade scenarios begin? Why do you think you are so obsessed with depleting the team of talent and why do your scenarios fly in the face of NFL reality as we know it?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why do you think you are so obsessed with depleting the team of talent and why do your scenarios fly in the face of NFL reality as we know it?

Does a trade scenario have to be realistic in order to propose it on a 49ers' forum?

I think Brooks will be the 2nd best OLB on the team by the middle of the season at the latest. And I wouldn't want to deplete the team of talent; I'd want to trade for a DB or WR. But the team has a fure star in Lemonier IMO, an expensive but valuable starter in Brooks and a guy who backs 'em both up (Cam) who might be a better pass rusher than Brooks is. You can't get all three of 'em on the field at once.

I don't want the team to just release Brooks when they realize they have a better, cheaper option in Lemonier. I guarantee you they're not going to keep a backup OLB on the team who makes 7 million a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm almost suprised Sick hasn't proposed a trade Kaep thread yet...

Well, I did propose trading Jeff Garcia.

I think trading the starting QB is a little different than trading an expensive OLB when a guy who's younger, better & cheaper is on the team.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but you also wanted to trade, P Willie, Justin Smith, Gore..... Don't take this the wrong way I agree with a lot of stuff... Not Reid as the best safety in the draft... but I agree that Ahmad is quickly becoming trade bait though I think next season more likely than this season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yes but you also wanted to trade, P Willie, Justin Smith, Gore..... Don't take this the wrong way I agree with a lot of stuff... Not Reid as the best safety in the draft... but I agree that Ahmad is quickly becoming trade bait though I think next season more likely than this season.

I never wanted the Niners to trade Willis. I don't know where you got that one.

I would've traded JSmith for a top 15 pick at the time if the Niners could have signed a big FA DE.

I didn't want Gore traded; he didn't have a lot of trade value. I wanted him to play out his contract rather than giving him an extension. It probably didn't make a huge difference anyway.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what FA DE would you have over Justin Smith at that time? I recall the trade discussions you had but Justin has been a complete beast for us and a VERY big reason for ALdon and the team's success.... its hard to imagine anyone better than the only DE/DT probowler or all pro that Justin is... for our 34 defense of course....

I think you did proposed a Willis one too, but for a QB IIRC... could've been from someone else.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Let me ask you this just hypothetically:

IF Lemonier is already a better OLB than Brooks, would you rather Brooks be traded or would you rather he be a 7-million dollar backup?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this just hypothetically:

IF Lemonier is already a better OLB than Brooks, would you rather Brooks be traded or would you rather he be a 7-million dollar backup?

not sure if at me lol...

but RIGHT NOW, i would keep brooks for this season.. get Lemonade(Lemonier) feet wet similar to Aldon in his rookie year, pending on the results by the end of the season, determine if Lemonade is ready to make the full time role...

Then again, you said better OLB, so that must include coverage ability and play recognition correct? if thats the case, I'll still hold to Lemonade again for the fact of getting his feet wet and easing him into the NFL....

Now that we have backups that can play at the OLB, in our POV, one would think the added spell/rest could only help our starters even more.

Still have Brooks start but if all goes well, next season I would look to trade.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he's good enough to make Brooks expendable now. He's already a better pass rusher IMO.

now? we're all certainly happy with Lemonier, that he's already shown his pass rush potential. but pre-season isn't enough for Coaches to base this kind of decision? pass rushing is huge no doubt, but that OLB has to play the run and isn't the TE usually that side? that OLB doesn't need a lot of coverage skill, but would be nice if he wasn't a total liability. do we have any idea how he plays the run, and covers a TE or RB?

a rookie DE converting to OLB needs more time, just can't see how he's already made Brook expendable? by next season he may, but not "now".

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
now? we're all certainly happy with Lemonier, that he's already shown his pass rush potential. but pre-season isn't enough for Coaches to base this kind of decision?

I'm going out on a limb on this one, but yes. Now. His combination of quickness off the snap, power, agility & pass rush moves is already better than Brooks IMO. Brooks was actually never a great pass rusher. He was a pretty good one, but he was never great in that area. I want the Niners to have 2 pain-in-the-ass pass rushers on the field at OLB like the Steelers used to with Woodley & Lames Harrison.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm going out on a limb on this one, but yes. Now. His combination of quickness off the snap, power, agility & pass rush moves is already better than Brooks IMO. Brooks was actually never a great pass rusher. He was a pretty good one, but he was never great in that area. I want the Niners to have 2 pain-in-the-ass pass rushers on the field at OLB like the Steelers used to with Woodley & Lames Harrison.

we ALL want two OLB's who can rush well....................if your ONLY criteria is pass rushing, we all saw how well Lemonier rushes. but does pass rushing alone make Lemonier better than Brooks?

pass rushing is the largest factor, but it isn't the only one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Being able to rush the passer is the most important part of being an OLB in a 4-3 IMO.

But Lemonier has shown the speed, quickness & long arms necessary to be good in coverage too IMO. Brooks probably has an edge in stopping the run for now, but I'd go with the guy who's better on passing downs. JMHO.