• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cordarrelle Patterson or Jarod Mayo?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I got another keeper league trade question for you.

Who would you rather have a young wr like paterson or a top 5-10 OLB who is 28?

Thanks

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I got another keeper league trade question for you.

Who would you rather have a young wr like paterson or a top 5-10 OLB who is 28?

Thanks

I don't play IDP, so I don't know how much help this will be, but isn't it pretty easy to find impact LBs? I would take the upside WR.

Also, Foot, I am re-sending the baseball invite right now. Please let me know if you don't get it. You are the only one yet to accept the invite.

League ID is:

cjhclg2hhrebknp8

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey tlance. I just joined can you see if I did it right.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are in! Thanks.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's ANY defensive player i would take over a guy like Patterson.
If I recall your scoring correctly, Any IDP would have to have a season for the ages to be better, value wise, than a guy who certainly has the look of a potential top 5 WR... He's going into next year near the top 10 in my book already.
The problem with IDP's is that even the elite guys at every position, just aren't that much greater stat-wise, than the 12 guys right behind them. Often times, those 12 guys actually end up being better.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw..In my 10 team IDP..Mayo generally is juggled between teams and the waiver wire. . When he isn't injured that is.
There's really nothing that outstanding about him.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Treff. But I should add this and I would like to see if this changes your thinking a little.

In our IDP we start 2 inside LBs and 2 Outside LBs. We get 2 points per tackle and 5 for sacks. Now I agree if mayo were being gelled in with all Line backers his value drops but considering that only Lavonte David, Chad Greenway, Trivathan form denver(a surprise performer this year) and olgletree were the only OLBs to score in the top 30 of all LBs in our league it make a solid OLB very valuable. Still I am thinking of trading to get Patterson, but it's just so darn hard to find a (productive) outside guy that when you have one its a pretty big advantage. Thus is my conundrum and why I desperately seeking a opinions on the matter and hopefully a push off the fence one way or another.

But thanks for the input as always it's greatly appreciated!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Treff it just sunk in. Did you say you think Patterson is a top 10 WR. I mean I feel the same way but wow, just realized what you said? I might have to jump on this trade now!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Treff it just sunk in. Did you say you think Patterson is a top 10 WR. I mean I feel the same way but wow, just realized what you said? I might have to jump on this trade now!

What I meant was that I personally have him just outside the top ten for next year. . And that's assuming the Vikes do ANYTHING at QB. I think with his ability, he could easily be within WR1 status by years end. However, if the Vikes still screw the pooch at QB, I still want Patterson on my team, but he'd go from a weekly starter to a fill in.
What you said about Mayo does certainly increase his value, as most IDP's I play in have all LB's mashed together. Having said that, I'd still prefer a dynamic offensive playmaker to any defensive player.
I guess it boils down to the faith you have in the Vikings finding a capable QB..Given your setup, it's a fairly even trade, but Patterson is the side with all the potential.