• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cord Cutting

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you forget about the infamous Old Lion?

No worries. Mobdro is pretty outdated too. Heck there are plenty of websites that are better then that now.
Sorry man! So what do I get now instead of Mobdro?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man! So what do I get now instead of Mobdro?

IPTV services are everywhere but most are not free. There are some websites like USTVGO.tv (even has a guide) and Yoursports.stream that work just as well if not better. For the firestick just use the Silk browser that is in the store or you can download a different one.

If you are satisfied with Mobdro there is nothing wrong with keeping it either. I dont watch a ton of live tv so I have the CinemaHD app. It has every movie and show made pretty much. Just need to wait until the next day like Hulu.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IPTV services are everywhere but most are not free. There are some websites like USTVGO.tv (even has a guide) and Yoursports.stream that work just as well if not better. For the firestick just use the Silk browser that is in the store or you can download a different one.

If you are satisfied with Mobdro there is nothing wrong with keeping it either. I dont watch a ton of live tv so I have the CinemaHD app. It has every movie and show made pretty much. Just need to wait until the next day like Hulu.
The live TV is usually pretty bad. Wasn't sure if it's the app, or my internet. Always losing sports games.

But Thursday night football from Amazon Prime is perfect. But I have a prime subscription and don't use the app of course.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Directv and a Firestick. The dish was already up when we moved into the house, so I just pay my parents for the monthly fee of the receivers. Very rarely do we use DTV anymore though. I just found the Pluto app last night, I can see myself using it quite often going forward.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The live TV is usually pretty bad. Wasn't sure if it's the app, or my internet. Always losing sports games.

But Thursday night football from Amazon Prime is perfect. But I have a prime subscription and don't use the app of course.

Tons of sports sites. Reddit has most sports in HD. SPorts24.club is a decent site. It has College football as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this over on the “other site”…

——————

I am down to the point where the only reason I have “cable” is for Blacklist (I don’t really care for this show anymore) and sports (NFL and MLB playoffs, primarily). I can get everything else I care about from the myriad of streaming services out there.

So where can I get NFL and MLB playoffs from streaming? My Cable bill is about $200, but that includes Showtime which I NEVER watch and my 200 mbps dedicated internet (No throttling). I have not done the research yet, but I think I can get the same internet for approx $100.

I have Apple (why??), HULU, Paramount, HBOMax (I get this through Cable, so this will need to be acquired independently post-cut), AMC, MLB, and Prime. I turn NetFlix on and off throughout the year (it is currently off).

——————

I have Roku on all my TVs. The discussion in this thread if from a few years ago, and APPEARS to concentrate on Fire and computers. What is the latest?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

——————

I am down to the point where the only reason I have “cable” is for Blacklist (I don’t really care for this show anymore) and sports (NFL and MLB playoffs, primarily). I can get everything else I care about from the myriad of streaming services out there.

So where can I get NFL and MLB playoffs from streaming? My Cable bill is about $200, but that includes Showtime which I NEVER watch and my 200 mbps dedicated internet (No throttling). I have not done the research yet, but I think I can get the same internet for approx $100.

I have Apple (why??), HULU, Paramount, HBOMax (I get this through Cable, so this will need to be acquired independently post-cut), AMC, MLB, and Prime. I turn NetFlix on and off throughout the year (it is currently off).

——————

I have Roku on all my TVs. The discussion in this thread if from a few years ago, and APPEARS to concentrate on Fire and computers. What is the latest?
NFL can be tough.

I did the Game Pass through the NFL App on a Firestick.
It allows you to watch Any game, just not live. As soon as the game is over you can watch it. So noon games, 1:00 Eastern, can be watched about 3:30 - 4:00 depending if they go into overtime.
I also have the Paramount App and Peacock App so I can watch local games live and Sunday night games. At the end of the year I got Disney/ESPN+/Hulu bundle but it was after Monday night Football.
Some Thursday Night Football games are on Amazon Prime...maybe all next year?
I also bought an OTA Antennae, as my house is prewired for it , but I am not getting any signal to the TV so I need to buy some kind of signal tester/wire tracer and figure out which wire I should be using.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

——————

——————

you can probably get most NFL games OTA with a basic antenna. There's only a few Thursday and other games that are "cable only".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can probably get most NFL games OTA with a basic antenna. There's only a few Thursday and other games that are "cable only".
Tbh, I am mostly concerned with the playoffs. I don’t often have access to Niner games as it is (I live out of market from my fave teams), so my current cable solution isn’t really a solution anyway.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh, I am mostly concerned with the playoffs. I don’t often have access to Niner games as it is (I live out of market from my fave teams), so my current cable solution isn’t really a solution anyway.
at least for now, all the NFL playoff games are still on the major networks. I'm not sure about MLB.

here is a good reference to get an idea of what stations/networks are available where you live:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have done the deep dive, and I will be officially cutting the cord in a couple weeks (I am pre-paid on my current cable package, so I might as well hold on to that as long as I can). I should be saving approx $150/month (a lot of laziness on my part has prevented me from optimizing my packages over the years), and includes over $40 of variable monthly fees (services that I can/will turn on/off throughout the year -- Netflix, Apple, HBO, Peacock, etc)

Cutting the cord isn’t as cheap as we hoped for years ago when the concept first became a thing, but it is still a LOT cheaper than going cable.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally dumped ATT Uverse, which was roughly $170 per month at each place, including their HBO & Showtme add ons, for Youtube TV at $73 per month and I can share it across both locations. So far so good though I'll probably add HBO for another $16 and maybe their NFL Sunday Ticket as well at $299 for the year.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have been kicked out of Hulu 15 times on Sunday while watching golf. Downside to cheaper prices.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have been kicked out of Hulu 15 times on Sunday while watching golf. Downside to cheaper prices.
And Hulu isn't even that much cheaper anymore.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally dumped ATT Uverse, which was roughly $170 per month at each place, including their HBO & Showtme add ons, for Youtube TV at $73 per month and I can share it across both locations. So far so good though I'll probably add HBO for another $16 and maybe their NFL Sunday Ticket as well at $299 for the year.

I just dumped Spectrum for Youtube TV. Only drawback for me is it's a bit slower to navigate, since there are no channel numbers. You have to pick from the guide, so I don't channel-hop during commercials as much anymore.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dumped Spectrum for Youtube TV. Only drawback for me is it's a bit slower to navigate, since there are no channel numbers. You have to pick from the guide, so I don't channel-hop during commercials as much anymore.

You can customize the guide. I did that and used my custom guide at first. But I have 3 people, including myself, using and trying to get comfortable with it, so I currently use the menu favoring "most watched" now. I've only had it a week. Not knowing exactly where every channel is seems to be a minor drawback so far... and channel hopping is a bit more cumbersome. I was always channel hopping between commercials with cable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can customize the guide. I did that and used my custom guide at first. But I have 3 people, including myself, using and trying to get comfortable with it, so I currently use the menu favoring "most watched" now. I've only had it a week. Not knowing exactly where every channel is seems to be a minor drawback so far... and channel hopping is a bit more cumbersome. I was always channel hopping between commercials with cable.

Small inconvenience to chop almost $150 off my cable bill though. I'll deal, lol. I'll likely eventually add HBO and RedZone among others, but regardless cable got ridiculous.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I much prefer cable especially for sports.

What I don’t like about cable is that they bundle things. They put the dog channels in with some good ones so they get used. I’d like it a lot more if I could just pick the channels I want.

And it looks like the cable company is going to carry Sunday Ticket which is wonderful.