• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cord Cutting

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a guy that programmed it for me and when I have any issues I text or call him and he will usually let me know what is going and/or help me out with the issue.
Pay him $25/month per firestick. They just updated to $35/month for one firestick or $50/month for 2 firesticks. Great deal.

It has an app that has all local and cable channels as well premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, etc. It also has every sports package: MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA packages. Included is another app that has pretty much any movie or show you can think of included in this is netlix, hulu, amazon prime, etc.

Can't beat it and great quality. I was skeptical at first but I use mainly for sports and movies. Don't watch much regular tv but it's there if you want it. The great thing about the movie app is that when a show is being televised they will update the new episode that day. Newer movies are available but to get better quality on most it is better to wait a month or so to watch.
No dvr?

Pointless

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should start Tech-4A-Day where old crusty bastards like me can get a tech savy kid for say a day.
tenor.gif

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mobdro app for fire stick. Can watch anything live really, but my internet stinks so it's not as smooth as I'd like. Get a VPN.

Someone here told me about it, but I don't remember who it was. Sorry mysterious person!

How can you forget about the infamous Old Lion?

No worries. Mobdro is pretty outdated too. Heck there are plenty of websites that are better then that now.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you forget about the infamous Old Lion?

No worries. Mobdro is pretty outdated too. Heck there are plenty of websites that are better then that now.
So these are apps that come loaded on the stick or you download to the stick or you TV?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Amazon Firestick that are jailbroke on line I guess these are legal to sell but do they work? I have heard some people can watch local channels, NFL, NHL, movies etc. Does anyone know if these actually work?

FYI, there is no such thing as "Jailbreaking" a firestick. That is a term used for IOS systems. You will void your warranty on your iphone doing that but has nothing to do with firesticks. People who use that term are trying to sell android products at an increased fee for changing a few simple settings that allows 3rd party apps to be loaded. It is still better than cable but be careful not to nickle and dime yourself with all those add ons subscriptions. The cable cost of your bill is probably less than $50/month now. The internet piece is probably more then that.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So these are apps that come loaded on the stick or you download to the stick or you TV?

You have to download many but some are also in the Amazon store. Sideloading is a little more complicated but if download the downloader app from the amazon store it should get you started. It may even be preloaded for you.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, there is no such thing as "Jailbreaking" a firestick. That is a term used for IOS systems. You will void your warranty on your iphone doing that but has nothing to do with firesticks. People who use that term are trying to sell android products at an increased fee for changing a few simple settings that allows 3rd party apps to be loaded. It is still better than cable but be careful not to nickle and dime yourself with all those add ons subscriptions. The cable cost of your bill is probably less than $50/month now. The internet piece is probably more then that.

My Cable bill plus internet not equals $249 per month. My internet portion of that is about $90.00. This because I had to move the Mother In law in and she wanted cable, In the past I had a regular firestick and Hulu+. But if I can get her most of what she needs with a Firestick then I would be happy with that. I also don't have an iPhone it's a Droid based phone I paid $80.00 for a BestBuy I don't get into the phone thing for the most part I use it to talk and text.

You have to download many but some are also in the Amazon store. Sideloading is a little more complicated but if download the downloader app from the amazon store it should get you started. It may even be preloaded for you.

If the stick is Jailbroken ( to use there term ) can it still download from Amazon or will the be able to trace it's a stick that has been altered.

Also my wireless router was provided by my cable company can I still download a VPN to that?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of big companies use them too. When I did mortgages from home we were required to log in using a VPN.

So what are you up to these days Swarm?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Cable bill plus internet not equals $249 per month. My internet portion of that is about $90.00. This because I had to move the Mother In law in and she wanted cable, In the past I had a regular firestick and Hulu+. But if I can get her most of what she needs with a Firestick then I would be happy with that. I also don't have an iPhone it's a Droid based phone I paid $80.00 for a BestBuy I don't get into the phone thing for the most part I use it to talk and text.

If the stick is Jailbroken ( to use there term ) can it still download from Amazon or will the be able to trace it's a stick that has been altered.

Also my wireless router was provided by my cable company can I still download a VPN to that?
The whole home VPN is nice but its not really needed unless you have multiple devices where you want to hide your IP. You can setup a VPN on a firestick that is always on so its not something you need to even think about.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes you can still download from Amazon. Like I said all they did was change one of Amazon's settings. They may have even turned it back off after loading the apps so it might not even be an issue. You would have to turn it back on though to download outside of Amazon. That is what the setting was for though so Amazon does not have a problem with it.

You can down load a VPN to anything that runs android. You dont need to put it on your router. It usually goes on the device that has the Android system on it. Although some of the new routers have it built in.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are you up to these days Swarm?

Stay at home dad and residual work w mortgages - I have thousands of ex clients who call me or email me then I refer them over to a banker, get a cut. Looking forward to going back full time again one day. Might move to Texas to work for Fannie Mae. We will see.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay at home dad and residual work w mortgages - I have thousands of ex clients who call me or email me then I refer them over to a banker, get a cut. Looking forward to going back full time again one day. Might move to Texas to work for Fannie Mae. We will see.

Fannie Mae sounds like an easy gig. Would never have to look for work again.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fannie Mae sounds like an easy gig. Would never have to look for work again.

Living in Texas is appealing too. I’d start rocking a cowboy hat and everything.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you need a DVR? You can stream what you want, when you want!

Yeah unless you want to record like the news or something. Apparently the feature is there but I haven't used it at all, like you said pretty pointless for movies/tv shows. All games I can usually watch. I will actually try out the feature this weekend to see how effective it is though.