• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cord Cutting

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Amazon Firestick that are jailbroke on line I guess these are legal to sell but do they work? I have heard some people can watch local channels, NFL, NHL, movies etc. Does anyone know if these actually work?

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Amazon Firestick that are jailbroke on line I guess these are legal to sell but do they work? I have heard some people can watch local channels, NFL, NHL, movies etc. Does anyone know if these actually work?

Yes they do. I have 2. You have to subscribe to the channels but well worth it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do. I have 2. You have to subscribe to the channels but well worth it.
Subscribe to the channels? Can you give example please? Do you mean like ABC, NBC< ESPN etc?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have said networks. My bad.
Okay so the major networks you subscribe to. Are they all individual or are they lumped in as one package? What does that cost roughly?

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so the major networks you subscribe to. Are they all individual or are they lumped in as one package? What does that cost roughly?

ESPN is lumped together for sure. I’m not sure of the others. It’s roughly $5 a month

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is lumped together for sure. I’m not sure of the others. It’s roughly $5 a month
Ohh so pretty cheap then heck you can get 7 or 8 channels and still come out way ahead!

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh so pretty cheap then heck you can get 7 or 8 channels and still come out way ahead!

Exactly. Only subscribe to what you want rather then get the bundles you get with cable or satellite.

Right now all I have is ESPN (for the UFC fights on Plus) and MLB. I have Amazon Prime as well so that I can pick and choose the series I want to watch.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Only subscribe to what you want rather then get the bundles you get with cable or satellite.

Right now all I have is ESPN (for the UFC fights on Plus) and MLB. I have Amazon Prime as well so that I can pick and choose the series I want to watch.

Well thanks for the input. I know what I read it said it comes with movies Old and New, Auto Updates, Some Sports, but it didn't mention local major networks.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks for the input. I know what I read it said it comes with movies Old and New, Auto Updates, Some Sports, but it didn't mention local major networks.

I really like mine. They are relatively cheap so in the long run you save.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mobdro app for fire stick. Can watch anything live really, but my internet stinks so it's not as smooth as I'd like. Get a VPN.

Someone here told me about it, but I don't remember who it was. Sorry mysterious person!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mobdro app for fire stick. Can watch anything live really, but my internet stinks so it's not as smooth as I'd like. Get a VPN.

Someone here told me about it, but I don't remember who it was. Sorry mysterious person!
What the heck is a VPN?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck is a VPN?
A service that protects your connection and masks your IP. It also allows you to connect though other countries for services like Netflix that restrict content.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A service that protects your connection and masks your IP. It also allows you to connect though other countries for services like Netflix that restrict content.
Is it something that comes when you buy the stick, or at Best Buy what?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of big companies use them too. When I did mortgages from home we were required to log in using a VPN.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I looked up VPN and I get it, it's basically a false IP address used to hide your real IP address so it's a form of security for your computer and home. There is a charge an annual charge pretty minimal and it does seem to indicate its designed for streaming. If I get the JB Firestick and a VPN does the computer have to be on when watching the TV?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I looked up VPN and I get it, it's basically a false IP address used to hide your real IP address so it's a form of security for your computer and home. There is a charge an annual charge pretty minimal and it does seem to indicate its designed for streaming. If I get the JB Firestick and a VPN does the computer have to be on when watching the TV?

If you are watching on your computer, yes. The VPN only protects the device it is installed on. Using more than one computer or phone, install it on each device. I ASSume you install the VPN on the firestick. Or if you have a smart TV, you install it on that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are watching on your computer, yes. The VPN only protects the device it is installed on. Using more than one computer or phone, install it on each device. I ASSume you install the VPN on the firestick. Or if you have a smart TV, you install it on that.

Yes I do have a smart TV so guess like you said I would have to install it on that. I would have no idea how to install it on a Firestick.

Someone should start Tech-4A-Day where old crusty bastards like me can get a tech savy kid for say day. Heck $20.00 an hour for some High school Kid would be decent money. They can come in hook up your VPN to your HDTV so you stream ( which was a small river when I was growing up ) from Cloud ( which was in the sky when I was growing up ). Or clean up you PC, update you TV, hook up up your smart home, for dumb people.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a guy that programmed it for me and when I have any issues I text or call him and he will usually let me know what is going and/or help me out with the issue.
Pay him $25/month per firestick. They just updated to $35/month for one firestick or $50/month for 2 firesticks. Great deal.

It has an app that has all local and cable channels as well premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, etc. It also has every sports package: MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA packages. Included is another app that has pretty much any movie or show you can think of included in this is netlix, hulu, amazon prime, etc.

Can't beat it and great quality. I was skeptical at first but I use mainly for sports and movies. Don't watch much regular tv but it's there if you want it. The great thing about the movie app is that when a show is being televised they will update the new episode that day. Newer movies are available but to get better quality on most it is better to wait a month or so to watch.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have a VPN installed on your router too. Protects the entire home.