• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conspiracy Theory?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you DFA a guy who, despite under-performing, has a BA higher than the overall team BA, and has an OBP that is fourth among the starting position players, and then you suddenly IL your starting SS and CFer....I don't know about you, but to me that seems like an excuse to not have to increase payroll at the deadline.

"Well, we got hit with these untimely injuries and under-performances, so we are going to see if we can improve from within, because, it may be unwise to add payroll at this time when three of our key offensive ingredients are missing from the lineup for various reasons out of our control." ~ our collective 54%ers in upper management

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put it past Stanton, that's for sure. Cheap bastard doesn't want someone who can actually HELP the team.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you DFA a guy who, despite under-performing, has a BA higher than the overall team BA, and has an OBP that is fourth among the starting position players, and then you suddenly IL your starting SS and CFer....I don't know about you, but to me that seems like an excuse to not have to increase payroll at the deadline.

"Well, we got hit with these untimely injuries and under-performances, so we are going to see if we can improve from within, because, it may be unwise to add payroll at this time when three of our key offensive ingredients are missing from the lineup for various reasons out of our control." ~ our collective 54%ers in upper management
Normally yes for these guys. But when a broken bone, a high ankle sprain, and a crap 1B walk into a bar, well I got nothing. The only joke is this team.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally yes for these guys. But when a broken bone, a high ankle sprain, and a crap 1B walk into a bar, well I got nothing. The only joke is this team.
If you believe the injuries are what they say they are at a time when those injuries provide an out for ownership's previous promise to add ownership at the deadline. Meh, what do I know? All I know is that I don't trust a fucking thing they say. They know that whatever they do, they will get another 2.7 million fans in attendance next year, roughly the same dollars in concession, parking, marketing, and radio revenue. The only thing tied up is TV revenue, which is also their convenient out to be very careful at the trade deadline.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe the injuries are what they say they are at a time when those injuries provide an out for ownership's previous promise to add ownership at the deadline. Meh, what do I know? All I know is that I don't trust a fucking thing they say. They know that whatever they do, they will get another 2.7 million fans in attendance next year, roughly the same dollars in concession, parking, marketing, and radio revenue. The only thing tied up is TV revenue, which is also their convenient out to be very careful at the trade deadline.
I don't trust them either, and I did question Julio going on I.L. after hearing everything was fine. That did make me think tank.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a conspiracy theory. I do not believe the DFA is 100% due to his play. It doesn't make sense that Polanco and Haniger have jobs but not France. I wonder if there is a rift in the locker room with France somehow involved or maybe he himself wanted to be released from the team? France still has 2 more years on his service time it doesn't make sense to just DFA in the middle of the season just to bring up Jason Vosler.

Given all the losing that has been happening this last month losing the 1st place lead I am sure there is a lot of frustration in the locker room. Whatever conversations are being had led to France getting the boot.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a conspiracy theory. I do not believe the DFA is 100% due to his play. It doesn't make sense that Polanco and Haniger have jobs but not France. I wonder if there is a rift in the locker room with France somehow involved or maybe he himself wanted to be released from the team? France still has 2 more years on his service time it doesn't make sense to just DFA in the middle of the season just to bring up Jason Vosler.

Given all the losing that has been happening this last month losing the 1st place lead I am sure there is a lot of frustration in the locker room. Whatever conversations are being had led to France getting the boot.
Since June 1st he has slashed .157/.296/.241/.537

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My conspiracy theory is ownership really isn’t as cheap as we all think.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My conspiracy theory is ownership really isn’t as cheap as we all think.
Thats quit a theory ..
That i.
only see evedence.of.
In the opasite direction ..

Not saying it's not true.cuz it.may be .

If true .it means .no good free..agent have wanted
To come here .
Unfortunately..

Or the owners don't want to pay them .is more likly..

Then..
The bottom fell out

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Well, we got hit with these untimely injuries and under-performances, so we are going to see if we can improve from within, because, it may be unwise to add payroll at this time when three of our key offensive ingreNodients are missing from the lineup for various reasons out of our control." ~ our collective 54%ers in upper management
I know it's the dumbest thing.i.have .
Ever heard.

Well.almost..but what else.
Can they .
Do.

.it's owners..for sure .
With that .
Pile of bull ony..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me cover my .eyes..
While they crash and burn...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ain't no other team..giving up.
There good guys..
For pitching either ..

So it seems.....

Mariners .farm team..for the league...

Again.....??

No..still..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that happy clubhouse they had a month ago with a 10 game lead has turned into a lot of anger and finger pointing. Maybe Ty got the boot for getting into it with Scott a few times or not but he didn't help his own case grounding into a boat load of DP's and all around crap hitter.