• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congratulations Eagles Fans

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent game. Yeah the Pats defense didn't show up, but Foles made some money throws.

I'll also say that I think the refs did a damn good job. Mostly let them play and the TD review calls were both correct.

Pats offense had to be perfect to win the game because defense, special teams, and coaching execution was pretty much awful. They nearly were, up until Brady looked deep when he had White open for the first down on the strip sack late in the game.

Long offseason and a ton of uncertainty now, but first and foremost, congrats to Philadelphia.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly entertaining

I give Brady a lotta shit, but he was pretty awesome for the most part.....I never seen so many WR's just running wide open

But Foles was the story, probably even better than the numbers say considering a few drops, and an INT that wasnt his fault at all

Gronk with retirement talk, that guy is taking some crushing hits to the body, and I guess he realizes it

Most yards ever in any NFL game, 2 just god awful defenses out there yesterday

I thought the Ertz TD was legit, nothing like the Jesse James TD, Ertz was legitimately a runner on that play, 3 steps and a leap

I was sure the Clement TD would be called back

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, this was so close to a nightmare scenario for you wasn't it? Defense sucks, special teams sucks, refs (correctly) don't overturn two TDs against the Patriots after long reviews, and Brady leading the team down the field to win 39-38 or 40-38 or 41-38, whatever. That's like a perfect storm.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly entertaining

I give Brady a lotta shit, but he was pretty awesome for the most part.....I never seen so many WR's just running wide open

But Foles was the story, probably even better than the numbers say considering a few drops, and an INT that wasnt his fault at all

Gronk with retirement talk, that guy is taking some crushing hits to the body, and I guess he realizes it

Most yards ever in any NFL game, 2 just god awful defenses out there yesterday

I thought the Ertz TD was legit, nothing like the Jesse James TD, Ertz was legitimately a runner on that play, 3 steps and a leap

I was sure the Clement TD would be called back
I don't put too much stock into retirement talk right after a game like this. Gronk was excellent and I understand his body has taken a beating, but I don't think he'll retire.

Yeah the Ertz TD was clear to me. I don't know why they kept bringing up the Jesse James TD since Ertz clearly wasn't falling into the end zone.

Clement TD was closer, but they were right in sticking with the call on the field. The game would be so much better if they called every game like that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, this was so close to a nightmare scenario for you wasn't it? Defense sucks, special teams sucks, refs (correctly) don't overturn two TDs against the Patriots after long reviews, and Brady leading the team down the field to win 39-38 or 40-38 or 41-38, whatever. That's like a perfect storm.

LOL

Did anyone thing the Eagles were winning that game up 38-33 with the Pats getting the ball?

Not with the way that defense looked, I never seen so many WR's just running free all day like the Pats had

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Did anyone thing the Eagles were winning that game up 38-33 with the Pats getting the ball?

Not with the way that defense looked, I never seen so many WR's just running free all day like the Pats had
I felt pretty good at that point. I started worrying about time left on the clock when the Eagles had the ball around midfield and were bleeding the clock.

Brady the 6th QB ever to throw for 500 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs in any NFL game, regular season or postseason, and the first to lose.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that they had a great chance to tie it up at the end but it was great play for the strip sack.

It was the regular season MVP. That's what did it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Congrats Eagles. Great game, well called by refs IMO, great game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to PE and the Eagles fans. Try not to burn down your City this week...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the thread.
Long time coming.

Had to be one of the most watched Super Bowls ever, as the tweets/mentions were flying as fast as both teams could pile up yards. Both teams had leads in the 4th quarter, right? Just a crazy finish.

My two Eagles nitpicks :
1) Agohlor shouldn't have gone out of bounds with 2:30 second left. Pretty sure he had the first down, he should dove forward to keep the clock running so the Pats would have had to use that timeout. Next play takes them to the two minute warning. In theory, I think we gave them an extra 70-80 seconds.

2) Pats called timeout at 2:03. I thought for sure that Pederson would call an aggressive pass play because the clock would have stopped regardless. Nevertheless, he was so aggressive all game with his playcalling, 10-16 on 3rd downs and 2-2 on 4th downs. They didn't play to lose. Takes an incredible amount of intestinal fortitude to play that way against Belechick and the Pats.

I'm not sure if any kind of blueprint has been put in place to beat both teams, but how many coaches would make those same kinds of calls????

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Eagles and their fans.
No complaints about the game.
Last night the better team won.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the thread.
Long time coming.

Had to be one of the most watched Super Bowls ever, as the tweets/mentions were flying as fast as both teams could pile up yards. Both teams had leads in the 4th quarter, right? Just a crazy finish.

My two Eagles nitpicks :
1) Agohlor shouldn't have gone out of bounds with 2:30 second left. Pretty sure he had the first down, he should dove forward to keep the clock running so the Pats would have had to use that timeout. Next play takes them to the two minute warning. In theory, I think we gave them an extra 70-80 seconds.

2) Pats called timeout at 2:03. I thought for sure that Pederson would call an aggressive pass play because the clock would have stopped regardless. Nevertheless, he was so aggressive all game with his playcalling, 10-16 on 3rd downs and 2-2 on 4th downs. They didn't play to lose. Takes an incredible amount of intestinal fortitude to play that way against Belechick and the Pats.

I'm not sure if any kind of blueprint has been put in place to beat both teams, but how many coaches would make those same kinds of calls????

Yup, agree on both points, and did at the time

Doug coached a great game, but that early 2 point conversion almost bit him bad

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, agree on both points, and did at the time

Doug coached a great game, but that early 2 point conversion almost bit him bad

I was OK with the 2 point conversion.
1) Elliott and PATs, not the best relationship.... have they considered taking a bunch of penalties and moving back 10 yards???
2) Aggressive

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent game. Yeah the Pats defense didn't show up, but Foles made some money throws.

I'll also say that I think the refs did a damn good job. Mostly let them play and the TD review calls were both correct.

Pats offense had to be perfect to win the game because defense, special teams, and coaching execution was pretty much awful. They nearly were, up until Brady looked deep when he had White open for the first down on the strip sack late in the game.

Long offseason and a ton of uncertainty now, but first and foremost, congrats to Philadelphia.
Well, thanks for the cong- wait, what the hell am I doing??? All this winning has gotten me complacent....

Shove it, asshole. Super Bowl Champions!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was OK with the 2 point conversion.
1) Elliott and PATs, not the best relationship.... have they considered taking a bunch of penalties and moving back 10 yards???
2) Aggressive

Maybe it was the call itself

Maybe its just me, I hate that damn fade pass on those 2 point conversions, almost feel like you have a greater chance of running the ball there

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, thanks for the cong- wait, what the hell am I doing??? All this winning has gotten me complacent....

Shove it, asshole. Super Bowl Champions!
Asshole and a cocksucker? I thought Eagles fans were kind