• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats Seapeople. Heck of a game / season

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey hawk fans. No way could I post this last night, but great game. Still can't believe this stupid avitar. The signature is actually pretty funny. Anyway..... This sucks.

As far as RS goes, he made a hell of a play. But the linebacker who intercepted the ball ( don't remember who it was, and I refuse to watch it again for obvious butt hurt reasons), is getting no love because RS made it about himself. That's the only problem I have with it. Don't take that away from a teammate. You made a great play, your teammate sealed the win. Nobody is talking about him, just Sherman's antics.

You're a good guy.

I don't disagree with you. I wish he didn't say it. I do think it was pretty funny though, and I'll forgive him these on field antics as long as he keeps on helping us win.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's a hell of a player. I understand why he started doing this. They awerent getting the attention they deserved. But when you finally get that attention and the whole country is watching, you have to becareful.

And I don't label a group of people for a few bad apples. As a hunter, there are plenty of douches that ruin the image of other hunters. I actually just left a hunting group because of the lack of edicate and respect for the animals.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudo's to the fans of our NFL rival for being good sports about the avi's and for showing up.
It was a great game played by the 2 best teams in the NFC, if not the 2 best teams in the NFL.
I appologize for any assholes the SF fans may have met or bumped into. The vast majority of 12' are good guys just like you.
dred, if I knew you were in town I would have bought you a beer if the Mrs would be good with it.

Lastly, your team is the bomb and my heart wishes to avoid these types of games in our future. Your team finally played a spirited game in our house and damn, your QB runs like the wind.

Most Niner fans that come over here seem like good guys and generally bring good football knowledge so I tip my hat to you and to your avi changes and also tip my hat to the Niners for a hell of a season and putting the Hawks on the brink of elimination in their own house. I have a feeling this won't be the last time these two teams meet in the NFCCG. Most importantly, a speedy recovery to Bowman. A hell of a player and hope to see him back in 2014.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the tough hard fought win Seahawk fans. This one will definitely sting long after March 1st when I can change my avi!

Question I have for you guys is during the game they commented on how it wasn't as loud as expected. The decibel meter they kept showing on TV didn't really go above 107-108 from what I saw. Obviously still extremely loud, but it didn't seem as loud as week 2 or you first game with the Saints. Wanted to ask if you thought this was because the Niners jumped out earlier, or could it have been due to high ticket prices keeping some average fans away?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the tough hard fought win Seahawk fans. This one will definitely sting long after March 1st when I can change my avi!

Question I have for you guys is during the game they commented on how it wasn't as loud as expected. The decibel meter they kept showing on TV didn't really go above 107-108 from what I saw. Obviously still extremely loud, but it didn't seem as loud as week 2 or you first game with the Saints. Wanted to ask if you thought this was because the Niners jumped out earlier, or could it have been due to high ticket prices keeping some average fans away?

I think it really had more to do with how many 9er fans were there. I don't think I've seen as many fans from an opposing team at any of our home games, and obviously they wouldn't be contributing to the crowd noise.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it really had more to do with how many 9er fans were there. I don't think I've seen as many fans from an opposing team at any of our home games, and obviously they wouldn't be contributing to the crowd noise.

I was going to say the same thing. LOTS of red in the pictures they showed on TV. It was loud on offense, which is indicative of a lot of 49ers fans. I bet you they were louder in our Stadium than they are in theirs (which is fine by me; I love loud fans).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love decibels, they are so interesting. To go from 1 decibel to the next one you have to double the noise output of the previous one. In other words, 2 decibels is twice as much as 1, and 3 is twice as much as 2. Which means, when the CLink reached 137 earlier this year, that was 174,224,571,863,521,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times louder than a single decibel (I don't know the name of the number, hence why it is written out). On Sunday, the 107 decibel level that I saw on the tv screen was just 162,259,276,829,213,000,000,000,000,000,000 times louder than 1 decibel. :)

In other words, when the Hawks broke the record again against the Saints in December it was something like 1 million times louder than it was this last Sunday.

Though that's what the math says, I'm not sure that can be right....

Last edited by a moderator:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love decibels, they are so interesting. To go from 1 decibel to the next one you have to double the noise output of the previous one. In other words, 2 decibels is twice as much as 1, and 3 is twice as much as 2. Which means, when the CLink reached 137 earlier this year, that was 174,224,571,863,521,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times louder than a single decibel (I don't know the name of the number, hence why it is written out). On Sunday, the 107 decibel level that I saw on the tv screen was just 162,259,276,829,213,000,000,000,000,000,000 times louder than 1 decibel. :)

In other words, when the Hawks broke the record again against the Saints in December it was something like 1 million times louder than it was this last Sunday.

Though that's what the math says, I'm not sure that can be right....

I think it's 3 or 4 decibels right?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey hawk fans. No way could I post this last night, but great game. Still can't believe this stupid avitar. The signature is actually pretty funny. Anyway..... This sucks.

As far as RS goes, he made a hell of a play. But the linebacker who intercepted the ball ( don't remember who it was, and I refuse to watch it again for obvious butt hurt reasons), is getting no love because RS made it about himself. That's the only problem I have with it. Don't take that away from a teammate. You made a great play, your teammate sealed the win. Nobody is talking about him, just Sherman's antics.

The problem is the soundbite media. He praised the rest of the defense in a half dozen interviews following the game. He thanked and gave credit to everyone from god to every member of that defense, but you won't hear about it because that's not what the media wants to focus on. In fact I'm sure he only had a half dozen other interviews because the media was hoping to get more spite and venom from him and likely were disappointed to get the sterile responses instead.

His comments were stupid, but were heat of the moment and not indicative of who he is.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's 3 or 4 decibels right?

6 decibels is twice the sound pressure level.

Either in this thread or another I said to pay no mind to the FOX decibel meter. You cannot compare it to the guiness one. No idea of location, calibration, mic type, mic pattern, etc. That being said, it did seem quieter and could be because plenty of NIner fans were there and also could be because it was nice weather, so the rich folks decided to come to this game instead of selling their tickets to the crazys who sat in the wind and rain in the previous game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is they didn't show that meter when it was likely at its loudest, only when the defense was on the field. During the official records the highest crowd noise was as a result of a big play on offense, not the actual noise created on defense. Beast quake 1.0 and 2.0 are examples. It was likely well over 130 during Lynch's 30y TD run and I'd bet it was at least that loud on Sherman's tip/pick.

After every game (win or lose) our local sports station does a replay of the radio coverage of the opposing team and during many parts of the one from yesterday it was hard to hear the commentators it was so loud. Much louder than on TV. Was actually quite impressive.

So I'm sure the official numbers for noise would show that place was rocking no matter what disinformation their showing of their meter might have shown.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 decibels is twice the sound pressure level.

Either in this thread or another I said to pay no mind to the FOX decibel meter. You cannot compare it to the guiness one. No idea of location, calibration, mic type, mic pattern, etc. That being said, it did seem quieter and could be because plenty of NIner fans were there and also could be because it was nice weather, so the rich folks decided to come to this game instead of selling their tickets to the crazys who sat in the wind and rain in the previous game.

Everyone I know who went to that game said it was louder than the game vs the Saints and louder than it was earlier in the year when they played SF the first time. You can't judge the sound from what the TV mix is and their meter wasn't showing anything when the fans were at their loudest, only a few shots on early downs.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone I know who went to that game said it was louder than the game vs the Saints and louder than it was earlier in the year when they played SF the first time. You can't judge the sound from what the TV mix is and their meter wasn't showing anything when the fans were at their loudest, only a few shots on early downs.

Yes I was listening to the tv mix, so I have no idea how to compare. In fact I have never been to any game there. I do trust the meter readings from guiness, but nothing else. I am actually curious if I can find out from guiness what the measured distance from the stands or field was and what locations they chose in KC vs. Seattle. To be fair I would think it would have to be the same distance and angle from the fans, but depending on stadium infield that may be hard to duplicate in other stadiums.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to offer congratulations. I probably won't be rooting for you guys in the Super Bowl, but if you win, it's good for the NFCW.

At least you can't win 5 SB's in one day. :)

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to offer congratulations. I probably won't be rooting for you guys in the Super Bowl, but if you win, it's good for the NFCW.

At least you can't win 5 SB's in one day. :)

This one is the only one that currently matters. In September, it won't matter anymore. Next season, next championship opportunity, for everyone.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is the only one that currently matters. In September, it won't matter anymore. Next season, next championship opportunity, for everyone.

And if you guys do win it and reference it at a later time, you better believe I'm throwing out the "Hammers Law" card.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you guys do win it and reference it at a later time, you better believe I'm throwing out the "Hammers Law" card.

Maybe September was a little early, but basically, until the current champ is out of the playoffs, they can claim to be the Current Super Bowl champs.

There is no issue referencing history while talking about history, but referencing it as a point or defense of a point for a current team is just silly. It becomes more and more silly, the more years that go by.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you can hear the announcers on tv then you know its not as loud. I was able to hear them all night. There looked to be a good 7,500-10,000 49er fans at the game and the fact they jacked up the ticket prices brought in more of the mellow rich folk. This is nothing new. In the 2005 playoffs the Hawks fans were LOUD, 2006 not so much but the Romo fumble got them going and 2007 against the Redskins was even less.

The loud and proud fans seem to get pushed out during the playoffs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh you can bet if Seattle wins it all that some of our posters up here are going full out hammers law gansta style. That shit is going to fly like crazy.