• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats Pats Fans

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have to add my voice to the list. You guys have a h*ll of a team. Congrats!

Way to step up Ram. You definitely talked a lot of smack. I didn't think you'd man up like this.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have heard today is "the Play"! It almost sounds like Tatoo on Fantasy Island. "the play, the play"!

Seriously there were two teams on the field and why is everyone focusing on an error by Seattle and not giving the Patriots defense credit for making the right play at the right moment. Butler looked shell shocked after that moment but he made the play.

Thats why we love football because nothing is a given. The Patriots defense stepped up when it mattered most. Congrats. The Seattle defense gave up 28 points. No excuses.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think only losers talk about lucky this or lucky that, so I'm not going there at all.

Without two highly improbable catches in previous SBs, Brady would have 6 titles right now. And in yesterday's game without changing a single thing about his performance, his team could have easily lost.

As it went down, the Patriots made the play at the critical moment and deserved the win, so congrats to them and their fans, as painful as it is to think about it and acknowledge that my team came up short. No luck involved whatsoever.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was we lost two huge pieces IN THAT GAME. Much different story to lose guys and have time to prepare for life without them than losing them in a game and having to adjust on the fly.

Lane going down was a huge break for your team. Simon was junk. Remember, Lane made an incredible stop during the play he broke his arm on. Pats were not going to get as many yards on him.

As I said, champions take advantage of those things so it is what it is.

I agree completely. People are always saying injuries are part of the game you have to deal with it. Well, it's retarded to argue that losing one minor player compares much at all to losing four starters. During the game, as you say, is indeed worse. We were hutLosing Talib last year is an example.

Would it have been the difference for you guys? maybe. In a game that close sure, esp, if he was going to go on and have a really sharp game. I always thought that a healthy Gronk might have tipped the scales in the last NE SB loss. It's true that it's part of the game but that phrase implies that it's all a wash and in some cases it isn't.

Last year the Seahawks stayed relatively healthy and this year the Pats did. I do feel bad for Jerod Mayo though and some would say Ridley. I'd have traded Ridley for a pack of smokes so not a big loss there but Mayo is terrific. If the Pats had sustained multiple injuries, he'd have been listed among them all but alas, the poor dude's been nearly forgotten about.

Sorry how your season ended. Been there, done that, hated it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I'm on the losing end I thought that was a fantastic Superbowl.

Congrats Patriot fans. This will sting for a while knowing how close we were to winning but I give full credit to the Pats. They made enough plays to get it done. I'd love a rematch next year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have heard today is "the Play"! It almost sounds like Tatoo on Fantasy Island. "the play, the play"!

Seriously there were two teams on the field and why is everyone focusing on an error by Seattle and not giving the Patriots defense credit for making the right play at the right moment. Butler looked shell shocked after that moment but he made the play.

Thats why we love football because nothing is a given. The Patriots defense stepped up when it mattered most. Congrats. The Seattle defense gave up 28 points. No excuses.

I think because media hype took over instantly from the announcers to every radio station and social media outlet.

Personally Pats D are getting very little respect. Browner and Butler made great plays. Butler especially an undrafted rookie with limited playing time. Got burnt on that play during practice and wasn't about to get burned again. That was no easy catch. He gets hit/bumps into Lockette, two straps come undone causing his helmet to slide around. Yet he held on. Great great play.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to step up Ram. You definitely talked a lot of smack. I didn't think you'd man up like this.

Hey, and I will again. But you guys have had a great run. I have to recognize that. Don't get too starry eyed though. In time, the smack will return. Enjoy the moment.

(PS: Besides it was wonderful to see Richard Sherman cry...) :clap:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Seattle lost Lane in the first quarter and Avril at the start of the 4th. The defense was a lot different without those guys out there. Simon was fucking terrible and there wasn't any kind of pass rush after Avril went down. Still, champions take advantage of other teams weaknesses and mistakes and that's what happened here.

This is true. However.... Brady still needed to make the throws. WRs had to run the correct routes and actually catch the ball. But you are right the Patriots took the opportunity against Seattle's weakness.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, and I will again. But you guys have had a great run. I have to recognize that. Don't get too starry eyed though. In time, the smack will return. Enjoy the moment.

(PS: Besides it was wonderful to see Richard Sherman cry...) :clap:

:agree: first time I agree with you. Kudos to you man!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was we lost two huge pieces IN THAT GAME. Much different story to lose guys and have time to prepare for life without them than losing them in a game and having to adjust on the fly.

Lane going down was a huge break for your team. Simon was junk. Remember, Lane made an incredible stop during the play he broke his arm on. Pats were not going to get as many yards on him.

As I said, champions take advantage of those things so it is what it is.

Yes. It is what it is. What can you do? :noidea: It sucks. Not everything rolls your way.

Last year we lost our best corner Talib in the middle of AFCC. And we lost.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and may I add this? The should-have-run crowd gets to take it as fact that a run would have produced six points. No telling whether the Pats could come up with the stop or perhaps the strip. Stopping Lynch, daunting as the thought was, was certainly a higher percentage chance than the first INT of the year at the goal line.

Lynch for six was not a gimme.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......kinda like Suggs telling Brady congrats right after that div. game.....(rolls eyes).

I think most Pats fans understood what I was saying about being lucky, it takes some luck to win it all for everyone...
The Pats played a very good game and everyone did their part, but it was all but over when Lynch ran it to the 3 and 3 plays left to get the winning TD......
Brady was shaking his head on the sideline too...
All credit to the winner, but if you think luck has nothing to do with it, you aren't very bright.
If you look at the play you'll see a helmet to helmet hit on the receiver but it wasn't called...
The Pats got the prize and that's all that counts now.
I guess some of you are too ignorant to accept a congratulation though, thank goodness only a few chromosome deficiencies in the bunch....Hello !!!!:rollseyes:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:facepalm3:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I'm on the losing end I thought that was a fantastic Superbowl.

Congrats Patriot fans. This will sting for a while knowing how close we were to winning but I give full credit to the Pats. They made enough plays to get it done. I'd love a rematch next year.

The sting will stay for a while though. (SB XLII 2008 - :L...still does) .

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most Pats fans understood what I was saying about being lucky, it takes some luck to win it all for everyone...
The Pats played a very good game and everyone did their part, but it was all but over when Lynch ran it to the 3 and 3 plays left to get the winning TD......
Brady was shaking his head on the sideline too...
All credit to the winner, but if you think luck has nothing to do with it, you aren't very bright.
If you look at the play you'll see a helmet to helmet hit on the receiver but it wasn't called...
The Pats got the prize and that's all that counts now.
I guess some of you are too ignorant to accept a congratulation though, thank goodness only a few chromosome deficiencies in the bunch....Hello !!!!:rollseyes:[
.....*thanks*.......*MM pulls knife out of her back*.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think only losers talk about lucky this or lucky that, so I'm not going there at all.

Without two highly improbable catches in previous SBs, Brady would have 6 titles right now. And in yesterday's game without changing a single thing about his performance, his team could have easily lost.

As it went down, the Patriots made the play at the critical moment and deserved the win, so congrats to them and their fans, as painful as it is to think about it and acknowledge that my team came up short. No luck involved whatsoever.

:fify:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team won, thanks in large part to having the superior QB and head coach. I give Seattle credit for at least showing up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Congrats. Great win. One of my Fav Super Bowl of all time.(when my team isn't in it).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team won, thanks in large part to having the superior QB and head coach. I give Seattle credit for at least showing up.

Yes I agree the better team did win. They were just over all better. Seattle Offense was their weakness this year. The D and Lynch carried them this far. Credit to make it this far.

Great job by both teams.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am over the sting. But the sports shows are still blabbering about the call. It is what it is. The real story to the call was a great play by the Patriots DB's. The Seahawks had their chances. Normally a 10 point lead with that defense is enough. Not this time. Brady is Brady and very few people stop him.