• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with the refs totally in the tank for the Sixers
NY made a call at half time. At least 3 calls went for the celts in second half. Make up

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, especially with Harden’s mileage.

But again, what are you getting instead?

Philly is stuck.

With the new rules almost every contender is stuck

Few if any will be able to do much.

Phoenix and Denver might have the best shot but Denver could just as easily end up ducking the tax instead

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love that doc rivers give up face half ways through the 3rd.
For me, it’s not this dude’s fault that his big guns didn’t show up for a Game 7. Didn’t even compete. Not ready for the moment. A coach can only do so much. At the same time, you have to grant that his 5-10 record in game 7s has had a lot of star players let the team down. Maybe there is some fly in the ointment in what the dude does to prepare that has his guys pucker.

Doc will be let go this year and there is a track record for him he has to own. But from where I sit in the layers of culpability, he doesn’t get top billing.

1. Sixers mismanaged organizational failure since Hinkie was fired. Now that’s on Morey
2. Joel Embiid. You’re the team’s best player. It’s now a ton of data. Embiid drops in the playoffs. I’m fine with people saying well he’s injured back off. That now has to be some other team’s problems or they roll the dice and they are better at keeping him healthy for the playoffs. You can’t do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.
3. James Harden - in the 4 losses he was horrid. In the 3 wins he was great. His inconsistency did not match his consistency that gave Sixers fan’s confidence in the regular season. On 2 and 3…great athletes in every generation fail to have that stuff to make them champions. We can’t define what IT is so we just call it the IT factor. There’s enough data. Embiid and Harden wrote the script. They aren’t champions. They aren’t killers. They can be a killer some random night in February but not when it matters. I want to apologize to every poster here who kept telling me this is who James Harden is. I went to the mats for him and you were right.
4. Doc

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL grow up
You come into a thread for a game you’re not a fan of either team and invest it angry with me for calling out what had happened ? NY made a call

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the gift that keeps on giving…

With the first pick in the 2017 draft the Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers pick Markelle Fu(fuck U)ltz

With the 3rd pick in the 2017 draft the Boston Celtics pick Jayson Tatum

Should have employed me. I was on that Tatum train as the best player in the draft that year (pissed LA didn't take him but Magic is an idiot that fell in love with the lights around Ball). I also gave the Sixers a ton of shit for choosing Simmons and Harris over Butler and Redick. So if you're inclined to write a nice letter of recommendation to Josh Harris on my behalf, I'll gladly take the role of GM to help your team.