• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're just not killers.

Boston doesn't play like they're playing tonight the majority of the time.

They let up or lose focus.
Likely lose game 3. Playing for a game 7 outcome. It’s like they are getting paid to throw the games

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice purse.
Happy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely lose game 3. Playing for a game 7 outcome. It’s like they are getting paid to throw the games
We'll see. A lot depends on how close to 100% Embiid is and can stay.

A hobbled but playing Embiid is probably worse for Philly in this match-up than an Embiid who can't play.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A hobbled but playing Embiid is probably worse for Philly in this match-up than an Embiid who can't play.
They will act cocky again. Jaylen will dunk early and do that stupid flexing

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

They did this last year

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. His early minutes he was super tentative and not himself and he still registered 5 blocks in that first half. If Embiid is not Embiid it may be a blessing for him to be on the floor with them encouraged to play through Harden with the ball moving better.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. His early minutes he was super tentative and not himself and he still registered 5 blocks in that first half. If Embiid is not Embiid it may be a blessing for him to be on the floor with them encouraged to play through Harden with the ball moving better.
Maybe.

A hobbled Embiid is an overall liability on defense for y'all against a 3 pt shooting team like Boston, and a hobbled Embiid is less likely to dominate offensively.

It really depends on how close to 100% he can get and stay.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a beatdown. Embiid should've sat.
Not at all. His first game in many days was going to be a labor and a hurdle that had to be cleared. That happened in a non competitive game where they weren’t tempted into playing him too many minutes. There was a small percentage chance that the Sixers would have won tonight and that outcome would have likely been about the Celtics shitting the bed more so than the Sixers taking it from them. After losing a Game 1 home game the home team has won 15 in a row Game 2s now after Knicks win and Celtics win. They got the split they needed up in Boston and they got Embiid over that hump. This sounds crazy but despite losing by a million tonight wasn’t a bad outcome for the Sixers. Who cares how many you lose by? Great road trip result and now you ripped that Embiid band aid off. I would have hated a scenario with the Heat last night where they are close and they lose in the end and they likely have Embiid play 35-38 minutes on his first night back because it’s easy to get caught up in trying to win a playoff game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

A hobbled Embiid is an overall liability on defense for y'all against a 3 pt shooting team like Boston, and a hobbled Embiid is less likely to dominate offensively.
Not when RW3 is on the floor or if Horford stays cold. They have answers they can turn to get offense with a less than 100% Embiid. Their rim protection in Game 1 was nonexistent and they gave up 66 easy paint points.
It really depends on how close to 100% he can get and stay.
Of course more Embiid and higher quality Embiid is always going to be a plus. I’m pushing back on the idea that no Embiid is better than 60-70% Embiid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the pressure is on Philly now. I don’t see a pathway to them winning the series without winning games 3 and 4 and holding home court. Then they have two swings at a close out game before having to face a game 7.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when RW3 is on the floor or if Horford stays cold. They have answers they can turn to get offense with a less than 100% Embiid. Their rim protection in Game 1 was nonexistent and they gave up 66 easy paint points.

Of course more Embiid and higher quality Embiid is always going to be a plus. I’m pushing back on the idea that no Embiid is better than 60-70% Embiid.
Some Embiid is better than no Embiid in most cases... but Boston has a pretty good track record against the big man, and as we've previously discussed I think there are reasons for that.

I mean, you basically have to hope that guys like Horford and Grant Williams go cold from 3... which is always possible (Horford was pretty cold tonight), but far from ideal as far as a winning strategy.

Meanwhile, Philly did find some interesting offensive rhythm in G1 without Embiid on the court...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly had no offensive rhythm last night. You of course have to credit the Celtics for some of that, but they missed quite a few open shots. They tried to hang in there for a while, but the combination of bad Philly shooting and torrid Celtics shooting really kicked up a notch in the second half and the game quickly got out of hand.

I think, as long as he didn't reinjure himself, that getting Embiid to shake off some rust was fine. That said, I do think Philly plays a faster-paced game without him on the floor that seems to work very well against Boston. You can't ignore game one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. His first game in many days was going to be a labor and a hurdle that had to be cleared. That happened in a non competitive game where they weren’t tempted into playing him too many minutes. There was a small percentage chance that the Sixers would have won tonight and that outcome would have likely been about the Celtics shitting the bed more so than the Sixers taking it from them. After losing a Game 1 home game the home team has won 15 in a row Game 2s now after Knicks win and Celtics win. They got the split they needed up in Boston and they got Embiid over that hump. This sounds crazy but despite losing by a million tonight wasn’t a bad outcome for the Sixers. Who cares how many you lose by? Great road trip result and now you ripped that Embiid band aid off. I would have hated a scenario with the Heat last night where they are close and they lose in the end and they likely have Embiid play 35-38 minutes on his first night back because it’s easy to get caught up in trying to win a playoff game.

The Sixers shot like shit last night. And clearly Embiid ran out of gas. I don't really care about the blow out.

Harden isn't like to play the way he did in Game 1 every game. He's also not likely to play he did last night. He couldn't get a shot to drop last night. Same with Maxey.

Tomorrow night's game is critical. The Sixers have to win that one. Game 4 isn't quite as critical but still pretty important.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers shot like shit last night. And clearly Embiid ran out of gas. I don't really care about the blow out.

Harden isn't like to play the way he did in Game 1 every game. He's also not likely to play he did last night. He couldn't get a shot to drop last night. Same with Maxey.

Tomorrow night's game is critical. The Sixers have to win that one. Game 4 isn't quite as critical but still pretty important.
Every home playoff game is the end all be all if you have championship goals. The Sixers were in this identical spot in 2019 with the Raptors coming home with the series knotted 1-1. Sixers won Game 3 and if I remember correctly it was a double digit victory. Then they shit the bed in a close game in Game 4. That was the series because it ensured that they would have to win another road game in a tough environment. Can’t let it happen again. The clear pathway to winning this series is winning Games 3 and 4. I don’t think they’re winning Game 5 or 7 in the Garden.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a clown like you would ask this even though you know it's dependent on how the game goes and how many opportunities he let's them have.

You super-silly homer. Exactly how many times did the refs let the Celtics "kick at his knee"?

Keep saying stupid & overly homeristic nonsense and I'll keep calling you out on it.

Do you have a list of excuses for the rest of the series yet?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was unable to say shit about this when Sixers are getting boat raced because that’s some weak ass sour grapes shit. Marcus Smart is next level dirty player because he knows how to do this shit and make it look like a natural ball play in basketball. In Game 1, it was the dangerous close out on Harden 3 pt attempt going underneath him and into his landing space. That should have been a flagrant 1 in Game 1 and officials didn’t even look at it. Marcus Smart is next level dirty player. Earlier this year, in the last regular season game Sixers vs Celtics he had 3 off the ball flop attempts in trying to close out that game for the Celtics offense and he actually tricked the officials into calling one of them. Thanks for bringing this because I couldn’t.