• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Celtics can't tie it up that might mean end of series. But I really think it'll be tied after two games.

Do you think Harden can have a repeat of game one?
Nope. At the same time, last night Maxey finally got unlocked a little bit vs the Celtics and that’s the first time in his career. I give them a 3% chance of winning again in Boston w/o Embiid.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. At the same time, last night Maxey finally got unlocked a little bit vs the Celtics and that’s the first time in his career. I give them a 3% chance of winning again in Boston w/o Embiid.
at the half they were amazed that the Celtics were only up by so much after being so accurate during the first half and mentioned that they tend to like to play with their food...and low and behold, the Sixers hung around long enough to win the game.

that's gotta be frustrating. I can't see the Celtics letting that happen again.

but then again, maybe the Sixers have someone else step up and have a big night...

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just ridiculous. The game might have been more violent in the 90s and early 2000s but that doesn't mean players are softer today. The rules are simply different. Maybe you liked how Bill Lambier played the game but most fans of the game found that style brutish.

The post-up game ended when they allowed zone defenses.
There isn’t any question that it’s softer, it’s flat out factual.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn’t any question that it’s softer, it’s flat out factual.

Softer is a subjective statement so it is, by definition, NOT factual.

Less dirty play doesn't make the league softer. It makes it better.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't muck up this series thread with Glory Days bull shit.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the half they were amazed that the Celtics were only up by so much after being so accurate during the first half and mentioned that they tend to like to play with their food...and low and behold, the Sixers hung around long enough to win the game.

that's gotta be frustrating. I can't see the Celtics letting that happen again.

but then again, maybe the Sixers have someone else step up and have a big night...

The Celtics should have been hammering away at BBall Paul to try to get him into foul trouble. But instead they wanted to have a track meet which helped the Sixers. I doubt they do that again in the next game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be truly epic to see Philly not only exorcise the Boston demon, but to do it against a washed Al Horford getting exposed and picked on switches.

Horford you may recall was signed by Philly to play alongside Embiid and proceeded to suck, then immediately looked rejuvenated when he put the shamrock back on. It was infuriating.

Meanwhile Boston would shamelessly and relentlessly pick on Seth Curry or whoever else they could during past Sixers-Celtics matchups when we had a defensive weak link, so it would be hilarious to see them lose to someone doing the same cheap thing to them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be truly epic to see Philly not only exorcise the Boston demon, but to do it against a washed Al Horford getting exposed and picked on switches.

Horford you may recall was signed by Philly to play alongside Embiid and proceeded to suck, then immediately looked rejuvenated when he put the shamrock back on. It was infuriating.

Meanwhile Boston would shamelessly and relentlessly pick on Seth Curry or whoever else they could during past Sixers-Celtics matchups when we had a defensive weak link, so it would be hilarious to see them lose to someone doing the same cheap thing to them.
That’s not cheap. That’s playoff basketball.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair, it just drove me crazy when it was my team's weak link getting exposed over and over. It's what teams do in all sports at that level, for sure. Also happens in football of course.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also say, Boston used Horford way more intelligently than Philly did. Philly had no plan for how to play Horford and Embiid at the same time. Horford was not THAT ball dependent. It should have been totally workable.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Softer is a subjective statement so it is, by definition, NOT factual.

Less dirty play doesn't make the league softer. It makes it better.
Dude just watch how players act today. If you seriously are arguing it isn’t softer then you are a flat out moron.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude just watch how players act today. If you seriously are arguing it isn’t softer then you are a flat out moron.
Take your bull shit out of the series thread. This is for talking Sixers Celtics. Nobody cares about your opinion about shit that doesn’t matter anymore.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your bull shit out of the series thread. This is for talking Sixers Celtics. Nobody cares about your opinion about shit that doesn’t matter anymore.
Blah blah blah, go fuck yourself, Karen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah, go fuck yourself, Karen.
Get out of the thread. You know your sports acumen is ass right? You know nobody has any respect for anything you have to say about sports right? So don’t muck up the thread with nonsense nobody wants to read about anyway. Your opinion is lazy and stale and people have been passing that deuce from their bowels for decades. In closing, eat a dick.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway...

Looks like Embiid will be back tonight.
Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway...

Looks like Embiid will be back tonight.

Yep! I’m torn here. I worry about the swelling after the game and then having to get on a plane for the short turn around on Friday. There are benefits and trade offs to both the decision to play him tonight or rest him. I feel like he should be restricted to about 22-25 minutes. I say that now, but if that game is tight with 5-6 minutes to go and hes already at that limit, just being honest, I’m going to want him in the game.