• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're 41 and coach ball and opining about the 90s? The game turned into shit by the time my Pistons won in 04. That is not a beautiful sport. It was football on hardwood.

The Celtics and Pistons had a game that was like 64 to 63. In the playoffs.

So when guys such as yourself claim to love the game but can't respect what it is now...I don't take it seriously.

Do I think it could be a little looser in the reg season? Yep. But we just watched a game where Boston had 7 fouls with less than 4 to go.
Who said I don’t respect the game now? I do but players are soft now days and the flopping and crying, needing games off and shit is pathetic. Players are good and fun watching the game evolve around long ball shooters. No tough post game anymore which I miss seeing too. Technical for slamming ball to court when mad at yourself where are back when you needed to damn near get punched in the face to get a technical. Everything is softer about todays game but I still respect it and enjoy the players.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any egregiously bad D on James in the 2nd half

Dude nailed a 3 he might make 3 out of 10 times.

In aggregate he might only hit that shot 3 out of 10 times but he was clearly shooting well tonight and especially in the 4th quarter. A coach needs to adjust their defense to prevent the hot shooter from getting open looks. Also, why weren't they hunting Maxey late in the game? He's an average defender on 5 fouls.

Coaches usually get too much blame for losses but I do think he deserves some for this one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said I don’t respect the game now? I do but players are soft now days and the flopping and crying, needing games off and shit is pathetic. Players are good and fun watching the game evolve around long ball shooters. No tough post game anymore which I miss seeing too. Technical for slamming ball to court when mad at yourself where are back when you needed to damn near get punched in the face to get a technical. Everything is softer about todays game but I still respect it and enjoy the players.

This is just ridiculous. The game might have been more violent in the 90s and early 2000s but that doesn't mean players are softer today. The rules are simply different. Maybe you liked how Bill Lambier played the game but most fans of the game found that style brutish.

The post-up game ended when they allowed zone defenses.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time in the Process Era I saw a Sixers team dig deep and out tough a team in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 1-0 lead and a successful road trip down Embiid is great but the fact that they showed that they have that dog you need to climb the mountain was the best part of tonight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time in the Process Era I saw a Sixers team dig deep and out tough a team in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 1-0 lead and a successful road trip down Embiid is great but the fact that they showed that they have that dog you need to climb the mountain was the best part of tonight.
Sixers in 5?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Bruins stink from last night must have still been lingering in the building causing this Celtics loss

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just ridiculous. The game might have been more violent in the 90s and early 2000s but that doesn't mean players are softer today. The rules are simply different. Maybe you liked how Bill Lambier played the game but most fans of the game found that style brutish.

The post-up game ended when they allowed zone defenses.

I do miss the post up game and its the only thing I wish we could somehow reintegrate. But it's impossible to add that and not take away from what we have

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there any doubt this would be a long series? We're past the 4 and 5 gamers now

For sure.

With Embiid out in game 1 and his status for the rest of the series in question, definitely a chance of an easy series for the Celtics.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disappointing loss last night...

... Boston, for better or worse, has a tendency to either play up to their opponent or play down to it...

... no excuse for dropping a home game to an Embiid-less Philly squad... none... we'll see if it comes back to bite them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fat fuck thought the possibility of last night was laughable. Have a salad ya fat fuck.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts :

1. Doc Rivers comes out on fire in the 1st quarter and rope a dopes Boston into shooting 115% in the 1st quarter (give or take a few percentage points)
2. Can't blame the refs in this one. Celtics shot better, rebounded better, went to the foul line more, and had more assists.
3. Sixers had a 16-6 turnover advantage. When was the last time that happened? Against Boston???
4. Celtics shot 38.5% from beyond the arc, but the Sixers shot 44.7% and hit 7 more threes.
5. Both teams had 8 offensive rebounds. Do the 10 extra defensive rebounds by Boston cancel out the turnover advantage?
6. Boston feasted in the paint, but those 7 extra threes by the Sixers kind of cancels out that 20 point advantage
7. It wasn't even the worst Boston loss in a 24 hour time period
8. Last 6 Boston possessions :
Missed shot, off reb, missed shot
Missed 3, off reb, missed 3, off reb, Horford layup
Brogdon TO (Maxey does his Jordan/UNC impression)
Tatum 2 FT
Smart TO to Tatum
Smart missed 3
9. A lot of pundits saying Rivers outcoached Mazzulla, but other than playing a zone in the 2nd quarter that let the Sixers hang around, I think you have to say that Boston had their way shooting 58.7% for the game
10. Can't remember the last time Paul Reed took free throws in a game. And the dude just casually goes 4 for 4 in the waning moments of a huge playoff game. Ice water in da veins
11. What happens next? Boston has to win. Sixers could let Embiid rest a little longer. There's no way the Sixers keep shooting lights out from 3, but there's no way Boston shoots that well from the field again, is there?

That is all.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fat fuck thought the possibility of last night was laughable. Have a salad ya fat fuck.

I hope Kellerman rubs that clip into that idiot's face. He was WAY over the top and annoying about it, which Max even said.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Nick Friedell, who covered the Brooklyn Nets for ESPN and apparently hated Harden and the other big 3 players.

Harden didn't look or act great in Brooklyn, but for whatever reason he has been fairly solid in Philly, leading the league in assists this regular season with 10.7 and playing a more complimentary role. Now that Embiid is out, he is showing he can still step up in doses and score big, though I don't think he can sustain that for more than a few games tops. I do think his clock is ticking and he knows it, which has made him focus.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Nick Friedell, who covered the Brooklyn Nets for ESPN and apparently hated Harden and the other big 3 players.

Harden didn't look or act great in Brooklyn, but for whatever reason he has been fairly solid in Philly, leading the league in assists this regular season with 10.7 and playing a more complimentary role. Now that Embiid is out, he is showing he can still step up in doses and score big, though I don't think he can sustain that for more than a few games tops. I do think his clock is ticking and he knows it, which has made him focus.
Harden was great in Brooklyn until Kyrie went off the deep end with his anti-vaxx activism resulting in him deciding basketball was secondary. Kyrie has a ring. KD has rings. Harden has no rings and that’s why he took the scoring sacrifice to play with those guys, so he really rightfully wanted the fuck out of there.