• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Computer Composite 9/22/2013

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

It matters. Those are big games for strength of schedule. If you use almost half of the conference can you complain? You basically said 43% of the conference sucks and wondered why he thought the conference was down. I think you unknowingly answered your own question.

I have no influence on the SOS computers. This is what they are judging you by.

From an objective opinion, how can you say a conference sucks by simply saying 5 of our 6 worst team lost OOC games to teams that they obviously should have? I don't care about the computers, it's only week 4. As far as I'm concerned, OSU looks clearly like one of the best teams in the nation on offense, and the defense is young but very talented. By season's end, we'll definitely be able to play with anyone. If Bama and Oregon are both unbeaten, too, I have no problem with them getting the BCS CCG matchup. Oregon looks better than us, and while I don't think Bama necessarily does, they'll have beaten 3 teams that are currently in the top 10 on their way to the bowl season (assuming UGA wins the East, which I think they will).

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an objective opinion, how can you say a conference sucks by simply saying 5 of our 6 worst team lost OOC games to teams that they obviously should have? I don't care about the computers, it's only week 4. As far as I'm concerned, OSU looks clearly like one of the best teams in the nation on offense, and the defense is young but very talented. By season's end, we'll definitely be able to play with anyone. If Bama and Oregon are both unbeaten, too, I have no problem with them getting the BCS CCG matchup. Oregon looks better than us, and while I don't think Bama necessarily does, they'll have beaten 3 teams that are currently in the top 10 on their way to the bowl season (assuming UGA wins the East, which I think they will).

And if Oregon starts winning some close games, will you be singing the same tune?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Oregon starts winning some close games, will you be singing the same tune?

Depends. You have to judge teams by how they progress through the season, not by how they do in just a couple of games. If they have close wins vs. teams like Stanford and Washington and continue blowing out everyone else, I wouldn't put them behind OSU unless we're going through the B1G and winning every game by 35.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. You have to judge teams by how they progress through the season, not by how they do in just a couple of games. If they have close wins vs. teams like Stanford and Washington and continue blowing out everyone else, I wouldn't put them behind OSU unless we're going through the B1G and winning every game by 35.

Which is where the computers could hurt tOSU, since they disregard MOV, and will simply be looking at W/L records, which favors the PAC.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can say it is down. Let me ask you a question. If I told you there were 5 cartons of eggs. In the one on the far left there are 5 broken eggs in the carton. How much would you bet on that being the best carton of the 5? How much on it being the worst?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is where the computers could hurt tOSU, since they disregard MOV, and will simply be looking at W/L records, which favors the PAC.

That's definitely a good point. There's a lot of football left, so we'll have to see what these teams end up doing. Thing is, Michigan is definitely too talented to be playing as shitty as they are. I think they'll get their act together. NW is a good, but inconsistent team. Wisconsin is definitely a very, very good team. Then you have teams like Nebraska, Penn State, and Michigan State who can play well with many of the better teams in the country, but then can look like shit other times. The way things are going right now, there would have to be a lot happen for me to think OSU deserves it over Oregon. Now, if there ends up being a 1-loss SEC Champ, they don't deserve it over an unbeaten anyone IMO.

You can say it is down. Let me ask you a question. If I told you there were 5 cartons of eggs. In the one on the far left there are 5 broken eggs in the carton. How much would you bet on that being the best carton of the 5? How much on it being the worst?

I am not really sure how you're trying to draw the comparison here. All of the eggs in the carton aren't equal.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's definitely a good point. There's a lot of football left, so we'll have to see what these teams end up doing. Thing is, Michigan is definitely too talented to be playing as shitty as they are. I think they'll get their act together. NW is a good, but inconsistent team. Wisconsin is definitely a very, very good team. Then you have teams like Nebraska, Penn State, and Michigan State who can play well with many of the better teams in the country, but then can look like shit other times. The way things are going right now, there would have to be a lot happen for me to think OSU deserves it over Oregon. Now, if there ends up being a 1-loss SEC Champ, they don't deserve it over an unbeaten anyone IMO.

I am not really sure how you're trying to draw the comparison here. All of the eggs in the carton aren't equal.

just assume all the conferences have 12 teams. I am pretty sure you get the analogy. Nothing against the Big 10, I just hate when I see people defend a conference by saying half of it doesnt count. If I break SEC balls for it, I have to call Big fans out too

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just assume all the conferences have 12 teams. I am pretty sure you get the analogy. Nothing against the Big 10, I just hate when I see people defend a conference by saying half of it doesnt count. If I break SEC balls for it, I have to call Big fans out too

I'm certainly not saying those 5 teams don't count, I'm just saying that isn't how you judge how good a conference is. It isn't like OSU just plays against the worst teams in the conference.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not saying those 5 teams don't count, I'm just saying that isn't how you judge how good a conference is. It isn't like OSU just plays against the worst teams in the conference.

Correct, but if we assume 5 of 12 teams are not good than the other 7 have to be extraordinary to lift the conference. It is possible, but you would not bet on that.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even Louisville?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go for a mess of eggs with some bacon n taters.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, but if we assume 5 of 12 teams are not good than the other 7 have to be extraordinary to lift the conference. It is possible, but you would not bet on that.

What conference doesn't have 5 bad teams in a given year?

Another way to look at it is that the B1G has only 1 team under .500, with 4 unbeaten still. We'll just have to see how they play out. The only bad loss anyone in the conference really has is Penn State vs. UCF, and given all that they are going through, that wasn't a huge shock considering UCF was a 10-win team last year. Otherwise, Michigan beat ND, MSU played with them all the way to the end, Wisky should've won on the road at night vs. ASU and Nebraska was murdering UCLA before they suddenly forgot how to play football. Nobody looks particularly horrible right now outside of Purdue.