• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s meant for players not ratings lol

here is mine:
DB Frankenstein:
Size: Kam Chancellor
Speed: Darrell Green
Power: Sean Taylor (Jack Tatum close second)
Instincts: Charles Woodson
Toughness: Ronnie Lott
Range: Ed Reed
Because of just one play, my only disagreement is power- Steve Atwater, the smiling assassin, the image of him laying out Okoye is emblazoned in my brain forever

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think corner and safety are on two different planets... DB doesn’t support that.

Corner:
Size: Jalen Ramsey
Speed: Deion Sanders
Power: Mel Blount
Instincts: Tre’Davious White
Toughness: Ty Law
Range: Champ Bailey

Safety:
Size: Steve Atwater
Speed: Rod Woodson
Power: Brian Dawkins
Instincts: Troy Polamalu
Toughness: Ronnie Lott
Range: Ed Reed

:2cents:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of just one play, my only disagreement is power- Steve Atwater, the smiling assassin, the image of him laying out Okoye is emblazoned in my brain forever

I didn’t see this until after my list. I agree.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t see this until after my list. I agree.

man... my phone is cutting me off today. I agree, but needed him for size. Dawkins could hunt too.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here Treff my brother is a Bronco die hard lots of Bronco memories in this family... cripes my brother was so proud when he upgraded to his bigger house because the address was 7

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here Treff my brother is a Bronco die hard lots of Bronco memories in this family... cripes my brother was so proud when he upgraded to his bigger house because the address was 7
Well I loathe the Donkeys, did back then too, and I LOVED Okoye..but damn..respect where it's deserved

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to list Darrell Greene for speed. Rumored to have run a 4.09 40

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear about this overtime rule change proposal?

A recent rule change presented by the Ravens. In overtime, the team that would win the coin flip would pick a spot on the field where the ball would be placed to start the overtime period.

As far as the other team goes, they would choose whether to start the overtime on offense or defense.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear about this overtime rule change proposal?

A recent rule change presented by the Ravens. In overtime, the team that would win the coin flip would pick a spot on the field where the ball would be placed to start the overtime period.

As far as the other team goes, they would choose whether to start the overtime on offense or defense.
I had not heard that one, but it sounds like some straight XFL stuff

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had not heard that one, but it sounds like some straight XFL stuff
its the ravens proposal. Its pretty clever. One team picks the spot, the other picks offense or defense. So if a team picks the one yard line, the other team just says, ok we'll go on offense. Gotta also think about the strength of your team. A team like the chiefs doesnt care, they will take the longer field..........but a team like the rams with a stout D, likely would try a shorter field, and rely on their D to make the stops.

Personally think they just need to go back to 15min overtimes

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the ravens proposal. Its pretty clever. One team picks the spot, the other picks offense or defense. So if a team picks the one yard line, the other team just says, ok we'll go on offense. Gotta also think about the strength of your team. A team like the chiefs doesnt care, they will take the longer field..........but a team like the rams with a stout D, likely would try a shorter field, and rely on their D to make the stops.

Personally think they just need to go back to 15min overtimes
Yeah, I get the extra strategy aspect and all, it just seems gimmicky to me.

And %100 agreed, just do another 15 minute quarter, and another if needed, and another...no ties

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get the extra strategy aspect and all, it just seems gimmicky to me.

And %100 agreed, just do another 15 minute quarter, and another if needed, and another...no ties
larry wilmore yes GIF by The Nightly Show

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, just FYI. The wife and I had our 1st COVID shot yesterday at Walmart. The site is pretty friendly to schedule (unlike Publix) and they do have an efficient set up. The shot itself was non-painful and no reactions for the first 2-3hrs. After that, I noticed muscle pain in my arm, nothing really bad (kind of like a strain). About an hour or so later, we both started feeling really tired and that lasted the rest of the day. Still have arm pain but feeling more spry today. All in all, not a bad experience. ..... now just have to get the 2nd and hope this stuff works. ...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm pain is normal. The needle is going into muscle.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm pain is normal. The needle is going into muscle.
Yeah, so is the fatigue - but I hear the second is worse for some. ... guess we'll find out. BTW - we had the Moderna, we were holding out for the single shot version (J&J) but with the state opening up a larger portion of the population on Monday, figured we'd better take what we could get. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Packers re-signed RB Aaron Jones to a four-year, $48 million contract.​

After the Packers chose not to place the franchise tag on Jones, it looked like the electric back would be forced into testing the waters of free agency. Following some extra time at the negotiating table, Jones will be staying in Green Bay for the next four seasons if he's able to play out the length of the contract. The deal includes a $13 million signing bonus.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe @Trudem, et al - - Maybe it just too much 'reality' TV featuring younger pretty people, but I've observed a troubling trend in the way people converse verbally. There are two words in particular that are way overused and/or used incorrectly - those being 'like' and 'literally'. It reminds me of valley girl talk and just drives me crazy at times. I find myself counting the number of times both words are used and the context in which they are. Seems younger (millennials) people are unable to complete a single sentence without one or both in it (and often multiples).

Perhaps it's just an old man's view of the world but I rarely see anything ever written in that manner, so why do people choose to speak that way? If it's an effort to sound intelligent it's sure not working. So, like, literally, you know, like, what are, literally your thoughts ??

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe @Trudem, et al - - Maybe it just too much 'reality' TV featuring younger pretty people, but I've observed a troubling trend in the way people converse verbally. There are two words in particular that are way overused and/or used incorrectly - those being 'like' and 'literally'. It reminds me of valley girl talk and just drives me crazy at times. I find myself counting the number of times both words are used and the context in which they are. Seems younger (millennials) people are unable to complete a single sentence without one or both in it (and often multiples).

Perhaps it's just an old man's view of the world but I rarely see anything ever written in that manner, so why do people choose to speak that way? If it's an effort to sound intelligent it's sure not working. So, like, literally, you know, like, what are, literally your thoughts ??
Literally being constantly misused figuratively kills me.

I view like and um similarly as a moment of pause or filler until their brain catches up.