• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talked to a lady from Employee Relations representing the company I work for. Apparently someone at the store I work at has tested positive for Covid-19.

My roommate's daughter, who he has for 2 weeks at a time during the summer, and my brother are both high-risk if they contract it. This fucking sucks.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1936 there were 9 NFL teams.
In 1937, the Boston Redskins moved to D.C.
Maybe as a nickname, Washington can copy @MilkSpiller22 D2 name and just go with "New Team 9."

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re getting old when you get progressive readers.....and are excited they came in

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thinking about one of those big trampolines in the back yard.

where do you guys stand....

1) Fun, go for it
2) Fun but dangerous, don't do it
3) Dangerous and added cost to insurance, not worth the fun
4) stop living in the 80s, get a bounce house for your kids instead of a trampoline

a little background - my kids aren't really old enough to actually enjoy a trampoline this big, and not 100% sure we'll still be in this area by the time they are both old enough to have fun. Home seller is asking if we want them to leave it for us or have it removed. Their kids are grown.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Fun, go for it
4) stop living in the 80s, get a bounce house for your kids instead of a trampoline
a little background - my kids aren't really old enough to actually enjoy a trampoline this big, and not 100% sure we'll still be in this area by the time they are both old enough to have fun. Home seller is asking if we want them to leave it for us or have it removed. Their kids are grown.
Doubt I can be of help, but my personal opinion is that it's a personal/parental decision. Although if they are too young at this point, I'd lean toward remove. Youngsters just have too much curiosity and lack fear of the unknown vs the risk. ...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Fun, go for it

Its a pro con thing for sure. If you and the kiddos really enjoy it, and actually use it, its definitely worth it. But it certainly is a hassle, especially if you take pride in your lawn. Its gotta be moved every few days/week or it'll kill the grass. Then theres covering it, making sure it doesn't blow away, winterizing it, or disassembling it for the cold months, reassembling it in the spring..and of course the probability that there will be at least one trip to the doctor if not the ER, and the liability issues if you have the kiddos friends come over. My buddy's parents, who had one when I was kid, made everyone's parents sign a liability waiver before we were allowed on it

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Fun, go for it

Give it to the parents down the street. Then your kids can still use it the 4 times they'll want to and it can be his problem and take up his yard space.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Fun, go for it

True story.
Our old neighbors 2 doors down had a trampoline. Thunder storm came through one day and a gust of wind launched the trampoline in the air. It hit our son's car and part of the house before landing in pieces in the front yard.
Caused roughly $4000 total damage. The neighbor even paid the deductible. State Farm let him slide paying 2 deductibles (1 for the auto and 1 for homeowners).

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. also know personally of 2 teens (separate incidents and separate trampolines) that broke an arm and a leg.
no femurov is not 1 of them
So if you decide to get it, spring for the netting too. Pun intended.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if ya keep it as Joe said get the outer shell netting.....

and it isnt just the kids ya need worry about

i finally snuck out from Montreal to ottawa to see my bro and get our kids together and much to my surprise he had a trampoling in the back yard and...

yep this 61 year old fart of a kid was up and at em trying to relieve my youth....

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree, "boneless wings", are nothing but chicken nuggies

without sauce smothered in it, sure... if the sauce is a dipping sauce, sure...

But when it is served smothered in sauce, it has to be called boneless wings IMO... its about the style, not the type of meat...

Its like chicken fried steak... shouldn't that just be called a steak cutlet?? but you call it what the popular version is called...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without sauce smothered in it, sure... if the sauce is a dipping sauce, sure...

But when it is served smothered in sauce, it has to be called boneless wings IMO... its about the style, not the type of meat...

Its like chicken fried steak... shouldn't that just be called a steak cutlet?? but you call it what the popular version is called...
You convinced me long ago, you disagree, simply to disagree

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like chicken fried steak... shouldn't that just be called a steak cutlet
Not sure, but i think the midwest calls steak cutlet "chopped steak." But i digress...