• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is my point, thats a two fold f' up.

We 100% agree its the most important position.

I get what you are saying. But also at the same time, We are dealing with "knowns" when they are in the superbowl. Not when they are in the draft process. So is that gamble worth it.....

The i can throw past 10 yards manning beat cam in his MVP season.

Flacco vs kaep is very debateable

Eli over brady

Foles over brady

those are 4 that come to mind in the past decade, but yeah i get what your saying.

also, your point about futility... I dont like either...LOL... the thing is, when all or at least most evaluations come to the same conclusion you can't say the decision was wrong... the problem is that these teams draft in panic mode, and they often are forced to draft that QB position in a weak QB class... Just because other QBs might find success in that class doesn't mean anything...

Also, these teams likely were awful for other reasons besides just not having a QB.... Like if the offensive line sucks, then no matter who is QB, he won't PROVE he was worth the early pick.... Or what if you have no offensive weapons?? same thing...

but my overall point is 2 things... 1. Hindsight is irrelevant
2. always get the best QB you can, that fits your current team philosophy...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, your point about futility... I dont like either...LOL... the thing is, when all or at least most evaluations come to the same conclusion you can't say the decision was wrong... the problem is that these teams draft in panic mode, and they often are forced to draft that QB position in a weak QB class... Just because other QBs might find success in that class doesn't mean anything...

Also, these teams likely were awful for other reasons besides just not having a QB.... Like if the offensive line sucks, then no matter who is QB, he won't PROVE he was worth the early pick.... Or what if you have no offensive weapons?? same thing...

but my overall point is 2 things... 1. Hindsight is irrelevant
2. always get the best QB you can, that fits your current team philosophy...
Fair enough my friend lol we"ll part there.:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?? I'm bored!!!!
Ha bc I was heading into the gym. I felt like we were spinning in circles.

but I stand by my futility point. Yes if all your evaluations pointed you there then that's a problem. Bc clearly your prior an evaluations sucked too. Also your evaluations on the line etc were wrong too. So when you make that move and your wrong again. It's a hamster on a wheel doing the same thing over and over, getting the same results. Except this time you bet bigge. So yes you suck again

agree they r in panic mode, what got them into panic mode? Sometimes extenuating circumstances. But usually the culmination of a lot poor Choices.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hindsight is irrelevant. But there has to be consequences. Like continued suckage. If you make that move. You gotta be right!!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hindsight is irrelevant. But there has to be consequences. Like continued suckage. If you make that move. You gotta be right!!!!

now, i think we are talking different things... because GMs and coaches get fired for results... as they should... but their success and failure doesn't mean the decisions were right or wrong at the time...

in fantasy football... the majority of experts... and most of us, all thought that Saquon Barkley was the number one overall pick... sure, there were others like Tlance who thought it would be McCaffrey or someone else... But the majority of us thought it would be barkley... were we wrong at the time, just because the results proved us wrong??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now, i think we are talking different things... because GMs and coaches get fired for results... as they should... but their success and failure doesn't mean the decisions were right or wrong at the time...

in fantasy football... the majority of experts... and most of us, all thought that Saquon Barkley was the number one overall pick... sure, there were others like Tlance who thought it would be McCaffrey or someone else... But the majority of us thought it would be barkley... were we wrong at the time, just because the results proved us wrong??
Yes you were wrong, and proved so lol. As were the gm's and proved so.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like taking a test and saying is it A or B. Your rationalized A. But the answer was B. Were you wrong? Yes!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like taking a test and saying is it A or B. Your rationalized A. But the answer was B. Were you wrong? Yes!
\
no it is not like that one bit... Femur had a good analogy on the other thread its like poker... you should always play the same way, but sometimes it just doesn't pay off, and you lose...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\
no it is not like that one bit... Femur had a good analogy on the other thread its like poker... you should always play the same way, but sometimes it just doesn't pay off, and you lose...
To an extent. There is some Dumb luck. But that is not at all
What u r suggesting. Also. What poker player that is successful plays the same way all the time? None. They would be found out very soon. Poor analogy.

You can't make a choice before it happens , get a totally different result, and consistently at u were right. You weren't.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Handicapping is a better analogy.

if you handicap a game and decide the patriots should beat the dolphins 90 out of 100 times And the dolphins win. Were you wrong of the dolphins win?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Handicapping is a better analogy.

if you handicap a game and decide the patriots should beat the dolphins 90 out of 100 times And the dolphins win. Were you wrong of the dolphins win?

you were not wrong to pick the patriots... But you were wrong...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were not wrong to pick the patriots... But you were wrong...
Exactly you were wrong.

if you were right you would keep your money. You can't say you woulda made the play again, you were still wrong.
Confirmation bias - Wikipedia

if the poker player was right. He'd get to keep his money too.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, i think you are arguing apples with oranges here...

whenever we talk about trades/signings/draft picks or whatever transactions... the decisions are based on all the information they have at the time... so the decision itself can only be evaluated on that information... sometimes bad decisions are made... like for an example when the jets drafted Christian Hackenberg- everyone knew that was a bad pick....

But sometimes good picks dont work out and bad picks do... does that change the fact they were bad picks at the time?? no...

the confusing part is that coaches and GMs get judged all by the results... the decisions at the time dont matter...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, i think you are arguing apples with oranges here...

whenever we talk about trades/signings/draft picks or whatever transactions... the decisions are based on all the information they have at the time... so the decision itself can only be evaluated on that information... sometimes bad decisions are made... like for an example when the jets drafted Christian Hackenberg- everyone knew that was a bad pick....

But sometimes good picks dont work out and bad picks do... does that change the fact they were bad picks at the time?? no...

the confusing part is that coaches and GMs get judged all by the results... the decisions at the time dont matter...
So let me get this straight .

drafts are based on the information at hand. Some teams draft better than others yes? Different teams have different evaluations right? So yes 10000000% someone is right and someone is wrong. Unless it's an injury.

you can't argue that hackenberg was a bad pick bc YOU and others thought it was bad. The jets had their info and thought it was good!

but your gonna say the bears had info that trubs was good so it was a good
Pick? Your playing both sides dude.

You are judged by results. That's what matters. That's what determines if you were right or wrong.

same thing if you bought Apple
Stock. Because everything said it should make money and it does. You were correct.

but you also had info that said Enron was gonna Explode all the data said so. Were you wrong.yes!
Again you were wrong you interpreted things wrong. You were proven wrong!

you are literally arguing that you and others are correct, when proven wrong.

the browns thought Johnny football was gonna be good. Their information said he's gonna be the guy. Were they wrong to make that pick? By your rationale they weren't. It was the right pick. Actually, by your rational every single Pick is correct. Because SOMEONE had information to say it was correct.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight .

drafts are based on the information at hand. Some teams draft better than others yes? Different teams have different evaluations right? So yes 10000000% someone is right and someone is wrong. Unless it's an injury.

you can't argue that hackenberg was a bad pick bc YOU and others thought it was bad. The jets had their info and thought it was good!

but your gonna say the bears had info that trubs was good so it was a good
Pick? Your playing both sides dude.

You are judged by results. That's what matters. That's what determines if you were right or wrong.

same thing if you bought Apple
Stock. Because everything said it should make money and it does. You were correct.

but you also had info that said Enron was gonna Explode all the data said so. Were you wrong.yes!
Again you were wrong you interpreted things wrong. You were proven wrong!

you are literally arguing that you and others are correct, when proven wrong.

the browns thought Johnny football was gonna be good. Their information said he's gonna be the guy. Were they wrong to make that pick? By your rationale they weren't. It was the right pick. Actually, by your rational every single Pick is correct. Because SOMEONE had information to say it was correct.

you are right, my logic can be perceived that NO DRAFT PICKS were wrong... But that is also under the assumption that all draft picks made were made with correct logic for that team... i do believe that teams make mistakes all the time... not about results... but with their logic... maybe they over-look something or dont factor some things in... or whatever...

But if your evaluation differs from the consensus, then results can prove that your evaluation is flawed...

But when the majority comes up with the same answer, then it is very hard to knock the decision...

But now i am lost to what we are debating on...LOL

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right, my logic can be perceived that NO DRAFT PICKS were wrong... But that is also under the assumption that all draft picks made were made with correct logic for that team... i do believe that teams make mistakes all the time... not about results... but with their logic... maybe they over-look something or dont factor some things in... or whatever...

But if your evaluation differs from the consensus, then results can prove that your evaluation is flawed...

But when the majority comes up with the same answer, then it is very hard to knock the decision...

But now i am lost to what we are debating on...LOL
How Many times have we seen the majority be wrong? Majorities can be wrong......majority had Kyle boller as a top 15 draft pick. Were they right? What about the titans when they took locker? Heck how bout when Jarvis Jones fell into the steelers lap. Everyone had him as a stud. Yet teams passed on him, the Steelers got sooooo Lucky. No , other teams made the right evaluation. The majority was wrong, the Steelers were wrong.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Many times have we seen the majority be wrong? Majorities can be wrong......majority had Kyle boller as a top 15 draft pick. Were they right? What about the titans when they took locker?

What about them? They needed a QB and they drafted the guy they liked the best i'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is? IMO Mahomes got lucky when he landed with Andy Reid. I think Trubisky, Kizer, and even Watson would all have better numbers than they currently do with his system and offensive knowledge backing them up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about them? They needed a QB and they drafted the guy they liked the best i'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is? IMO Mahomes got lucky when he landed with Andy Reid. I think Trubisky, Kizer, and even Watson would all have better numbers than they currently do with his system and offensive knowledge backing them up.

So trubisky was the right pick?

I really wanna be in this word where you can be very wrong , and still Be right. Again my argument isn't about mahomes specifically. I don't know how much more clear I can make that.

you guys keep adding points to justify that they were wrong. The large Massive point is they were wrong.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So trubisky was the right pick?

I really wanna be in this word where you can be very wrong , and still Be right. Again my argument isn't about mahomes specifically. I don't know how much more clear I can make that.

you guys keep adding points to justify that they were wrong. The large Massive point is they were wrong.

you can be right at the time and wrong currently...

or to be more accurate, you have the correct process but the results didn't pay off...

like the poker scenario, if you have pocket aces, and you are the significant short stack, would you go all in?? if you lost, would you have been wrong to do so??