• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comp Picks for 2015

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockette is no bum, he is easily one of the best gunners in the NFL. As far as fouls, really? i can think of 2 last season and one of them he was running full speed and the guy jumped in front of him and there was a player to his side. He tried to avoid the hit but there was nothing he could do. Dude is a beast on punt coverage.

also as someone who has went to many practices i have no idea why he doesn't play more. During practice he is a baller as a WR. He rips it up some days and you just think "why doesn't he play more".

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you see his performance in the games and you have your answer. He's just not a particularly good WR.

He IS an excellent gunner, and has value to the team in that role. But he should be buried on the WR depth chart. He should be fifth or sixth. Not third.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you see his performance in the games and you have your answer. He's just not a particularly good WR.

He IS an excellent gunner, and has value to the team in that role. But he should be buried on the WR depth chart. He should be fifth or sixth. Not third.

Yes we see him in games, but really not all that much of him. That's why i say it's shocking to see how he plays in practice and then how he doesn't in games. I believe he just doesn't play enough in games to where he finds a groove. He has shown us in limited chances that he has the big play in him.

He was only Targeted 15 times for the season and had 11 catch's for 195 yards for the best YPC on the team. He also had 71 YAC. Hard to do much when you only get one chance a game and maybe 2 or 3 other plays at WR for the rest of the game and there is a good chance one or both those are running plays.

Lockette is the least of the Hawks Problems, he is a player that has earned a little respect like some of the other long time ST players have done over the years for this club. He did have 3 rec for 59 yards in the superbowl and caught 25% of Wilson's completions, Only Mathews had a better day receiving.

Not saying Lockette is a stud WR but he is a stud special teamer, He also shows at times that he can out muscle anyone covering him. Don't let one kid that took it upon himself to win the SB cloud to many of your heads. Lockette does need to step it up though, and if he can just make one step he could be a keeper on this team.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wish they allowed more than just 4 comp picks per year lol. The Hawks would be getting 6 if they did :P

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we should get a high one next year because of Maxwell won't we?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we should get a high one next year because of Maxwell won't we?

If Maxwell gets what they think he will get then the Hawks will get a 3rd rounder for him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is inline for a handful of comp picks this season.

Remember these are projections

Tate could net them a 4th round ( should be a 3rd )
Browner could net them a 5th
Breno Giacomini could net them another 5th
McDonald could net them a 6th

SO you can add most likely 4 more mid round picks to the Hawks 8 picks all ready. Thank you Tate, Browner and Giacomini for having such good seasons.
What happens if the Patriots cut Browner? Does it make a difference?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if the Patriots cut Browner? Does it make a difference?
I don't think so because doesn't it go by what they made in 2014? The way I understand it, the salary they receive on the next team is what dictates the comp pick.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so because doesn't it go by what they made in 2014? The way I understand it, the salary they receive on the next team is what dictates the comp pick.
I believe you are correct about the comp.
I don't know if Browner makes the cuts.
On one hand he brought toughness to NE (and Seattle)
On the other hand, we signed him before the rules changed and handicapped his game.
Logan Ryan played well out there.
Why did Seattle not re-sign him?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, we signed him before the rules changed and handicapped his game.

As I recall, Maxwell subbed for BB when BB was either injured or suspended. Maxwell ended up outplaying BB and kept the job. With Lane and Simon behind them it made BB and Walter Thurmond III expendable monetarily. Getting the suspension for weed did not help his cause (nor Thurmonds) IMO.
You know BB's weakness, penalties and getting beat be shifty WR's.
Max>BB.
If you wait until Tuesday, you will see Maxwell's value as he is a UFA and should get $8M or so. I think that is about double what BB got from NE last year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Maxwell's play was at least as good as Browner's as a starting CB, and with BB as a looming FA -- coming off both injury and suspension -- it just made better business sense to part ways and go with younger guys. I like Browner though, once I got over how many penalties he generates.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you ask me, Browner was the catalyst of Butlers EZ pick in the SB. His domination of Kearse on that play is what gave Butler a jump on the ball.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the Eagles overpaying Byron Maxwell, the Seahawks will probably receive a 3rd round pick for him next year.