• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm yes he did because no answering implies stuff

was he asked directly from a reporter that do you think Wentz is a leader? I cant see the tweets at work.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was asked directly

This was from the article:

With a new QB1 in town and a slew of fresh faces on offense, Wentz quickly became the talk of Ashburn on Tuesday. The rest of the Commanders’ roster was quick to note what Wentz brings to the squad.

“He’s everything you want from your starting quarterback,” Jonathan Allen said “He’s a leader—talks to every guy on the team, not just the receivers or the running backs or the offensive line. Talks to the defensive guys, and he wants to be here and he wants to win. Really not much more I could ask for.”

Allen’s endorsement is good as gold in D.C., having served as a leader on the roster for multiple seasons now. Even though he plays on the opposite side of the ball, Allen’s compliment on Wentz’s leadership bodes well for the 2022 season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was from the article:

With a new QB1 in town and a slew of fresh faces on offense, Wentz quickly became the talk of Ashburn on Tuesday. The rest of the Commanders’ roster was quick to note what Wentz brings to the squad.

“He’s everything you want from your starting quarterback,” Jonathan Allen said “He’s a leader—talks to every guy on the team, not just the receivers or the running backs or the offensive line. Talks to the defensive guys, and he wants to be here and he wants to win. Really not much more I could ask for.”

Allen’s endorsement is good as gold in D.C., having served as a leader on the roster for multiple seasons now. Even though he plays on the opposite side of the ball, Allen’s compliment on Wentz’s leadership bodes well for the 2022 season.
well get the complete picture before you comment on it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats my point. He would never bash TH during the season. Allen did not have to say what he said about Wentz in OTA's. His words mattered
Apparently, he has a bit of trouble knowing the difference between QBs who are the answer and those who are not. So, once again, take his blather for what it's worth.

Do his words really matter in this instance or is this a moment in time in which he first declares one guy the answer and then points to another when the first one fails? I get it, hope requires nothing more than fantasy, even when wrapped in contradiction.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any captain would give their QB a vote of confidence during the season. The point is Allen didnt have to say what he said about Wentz in OTA's if he didnt see leadership qualities. Its a huge difference especially for someone who was tagged by you and others as a bad teammate and leader.
So, basically BS (vote of confidence) in the face of reality, when that vote of confidence served no purpose beyond deception. huh?

Then again, the games weren't televised, we all didn't see the limitations of Heinicke and behind the scenes, they got to see the real dude. Now we have the same guy giving the new guy a public boost. What happened to the other guy (Heinicke) who was supposed to be the shit? Are we to forget that he (Allen) said that Heinicke "just keeps on showing why he needs to be our quarterback,” less than a season ago, or dismiss his utterances because forgetting what he said at that time helps to support his switch to Wince now?

BTW: Are we also now to forget about Wince's history because Allen is impressed? Wow, golly gee whiz, and the like when they are practicing against the air in their shorts does not negate a resume'.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically BS (vote of confidence) in the face of reality, when that vote of confidence served no purpose beyond deception. huh?

Then again, the games weren't televised, we all didn't see the limitations of Heinicke and behind the scenes, they got to see the real dude. Now we have the same guy giving the new guy a public boost. What happened to the other guy (Heinicke) who was supposed to be the shit? Are we to forget that he (Allen) said that Heinicke "just keeps on showing why he needs to be our quarterback,” less than a season ago, or dismiss his utterances because forgetting what he said at that time doesn't support his switch to Wince now?

BTW: Are we also now to forget about Wince's history because Allen is impressed? Wow, golly gee whiz, and the like when they are practicing against the air in their shorts does not negate a resume'.

So, you're saying that Allen had no choice, therefore, no control over what he had to say?
Homerism is a disease, odd but curable, now imagine you are on a floating ship, rocking , rocking ……..

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you're saying that Allen had no choice, therefore, no control over what he had to say?

IM saying he wasnt going to bash is in season QB. skindsdad is saying the reporter asked Allen point blank is Wentz a leader? I did not know that. I thought Allen just said his opinion on what he saw in otas out of the blue. I didnt know he was directly asked that question. It does not say that in the article.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM saying he wasnt going to bash is in season QB. skindsdad is saying the reporter asked Allen point blank is Wentz a leader? I did not know that. I thought Allen just said his opinion on what he saw in otas out of the blue. I didnt know he was directly asked that question. It does not say that in the article.
Why all of you consistently waste time talking about the past, who said what, who is going to do what, bustoms, stardum and all the silly talk that goes on here. None of you including me are "in house". So much goes on behind the scenes we have zero clue about. Change of scenery is good for some players, not all. We have another year of experience under our collective belts with the young players, vets ready to lead and a new QB who not only knows the ropes around the NFCE, but a guy who can physically perform at the position.

It is May 26th, my guess is our roster is not complete and very well may not be complete until late August depending on circumstances in house and around the league respectively. Let the off season marinate and not twist every article written about our team or players and once we get to week 1 in September, we all will have a better understanding of the direction in year 3 under Rivera this team is headed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why all of you consistently waste time talking about the past, who said what, who is going to do what, bustoms, stardum and all the silly talk that goes on here. None of you including me are "in house". So much goes on behind the scenes we have zero clue about. Change of scenery is good for some players, not all. We have another year of experience under our collective belts with the young players, vets ready to lead and a new QB who not only knows the ropes around the NFCE, but a guy who can physically perform at the position.

It is May 26th, my guess is our roster is not complete and very well may not be complete until late August depending on circumstances in house and around the league respectively. Let the off season marinate and not twist every article written about our team or players and once we get to week 1 in September, we all will have a better understanding of the direction in year 3 under Rivera this team is headed.

Who is talking about the past? This happened a few days ago. lol

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is talking about the past? This happened a few days ago. lol
I understand that dean. Big picture homie, big picture. You sit here and argue back and fourth with non football people about projections regardiing wins, players etc that many including you have no clue about. Nothing written here is actually factual, its all opinion based and a more I told you so.
What I do appreciate from you is your optimism however, that sometimes bleeds over to egoism as you state your opinions as factual claims which many do on here. Each season is a new season as you well know and teams look drastically different than the year before. We are all followers of the team but obviously not part of or in the know of any sorts about the team.
On 9/11/22 we open up against JAX at home. This is where the rubber will meet the road!

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that dean. Big picture homie, big picture. You sit here and argue back and fourth with non football people about projections regardiing wins, players etc that many including you have no clue about. Nothing written here is actually factual, its all opinion based and a more I told you so.
What I do appreciate from you is your optimism however, that sometimes bleeds over to egoism as you state your opinions as factual claims which many do on here. Each season is a new season as you well know and teams look drastically different than the year before. We are all followers of the team but obviously not part of or in the know of any sorts about the team.
On 9/11/22 we open up against JAX at home. This is where the rubber will meet the road!

I agree. You have the have optimism as a fan going into the season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok well lets just call it a day and talk about the grass growing then . this is a message board about the commanders and we can and will speculate all we want too

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You have the have optimism as a fan going into the season.
no one HAS to have anything . you dont define what a fan is and how they feel . i am just not sure