• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Rotoworld is giving you bad information (perhaps they're MAGA:D)

Yes Washington inherited the contract on him when they traded with Indy, but Indy inherited his contract that he signed with the Eagles. (4 years 128M), He's still working under that original contract. In fact, just Google Wince contract with Indy. If you cannot find proof of any redoing of his contract anywhere, I'll concede the point. (You won't be able to find a reworked Wince deal since he got the new contract in Philly )

Those years that you cite don't exist. This is it for Wince and all of my questions stand. I can repost them.
Sty every thing I have come up with on the net is that he is under contract till 24
Looks like MAGA had the correct information once again. The contract Wentz signed with the eagles was an extension to his rookie contract

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Options that are even less of an upgrade than wentz is, and/or players that you KNOW would have come to the Mandos?

No, there werent.
i disagree , i believe the other options would get us the same results in the win column , Grap for instance is a guy who could have been just as good or better . Ryan is another . the main thing is we bid against ourselves and we still had a draft

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, you're listing options, period. You're not listing options that you KNOW would come here. You don't know if Grap or Ryan would come here.

I am not sure why Kyle Shanahan would even trade Grap to washington considering his tenure here. To say nothing about whether Grap is any better than TH. He's won more, true. But his team is better, his coaching is better, and he can't make all the throws AND his own fans call him "Bad Jimmy" at times. He's like a worse version of Rex Grossman. He's not better than TH.

Ryan might be better than Wentz, but I think it's probably safe to say that he didn't want to come to DC. Why would he? The terrible field and off-the-field distractions?

You don't KNOW if either of them would come to DC, and Grap is not an upgrade.

Also, for what it's worth, if the Redskins had siged Grap to less money and / or for longer years you would have skewered the team for settling for Grap. Saying otherwise is disingenuous. You know you would have.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, you're listing options, period. You're not listing options that you KNOW would come here. You don't know if Grap or Ryan would come here.

I am not sure why Kyle Shanahan would even trade Grap to washington considering his tenure here. To say nothing about whether Grap is any better than TH. He's won more, true. But his team is better, his coaching is better, and he can't make all the throws AND his own fans call him "Bad Jimmy" at times. He's like a worse version of Rex Grossman. He's not better than TH.

Ryan might be better than Wentz, but I think it's probably safe to say that he didn't want to come to DC. Why would he? The terrible field and off-the-field distractions?

Also, for what it's worth, if the Redskins had siged Grap to less money and / or for longer years you would have skewered the team for settling for Grap. Saying otherwise is disingenuous. You know you would have.

Plus Grap would of cost more draft capital and he is not better than Wentz. Ryan became available super late in FA and he is not better than Wentz. He has no upside and his best days are behind him. Both awful options if you ask me. Glad we got Wentz. IF he works out he is super cheap for years 2023 and 2024.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think its safe to say that you or i do not know who would come here and who wouldnt . i listed 2 options but there are more

would i have skewered getting another option ? i will bash every trade or acquisition we make that i feel is dumb . i did it with RG3 , Dmac , jeff george , CDC and many many others . we over paid for wince , a mid level starter . and i know we didnt have too

in my humble opinion there were other options out there , some we didnt take

to be honest if falco gets 7 wins vs the toughest schedule , i am sure he could do better vs the worst . the only mandate on winning this year is self inflicted by RR himself

wince was worth either a 2nd round pick on the high end and a 3rd to 4th on the low end in my opinion for a mid level starter . a 3rd would have been perfect

it was a crappy trade , , a panic move and there is nothing that can be said at this time to change my opinion . if i have to eat crow later then so be it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Grap would of cost more draft capital and he is not better than Wentz. Ryan became available super late in FA and he is not better than Wentz. He has no upside and his best days are behind him. Both awful options if you ask me. Glad we got Wentz. IF he works out he is super cheap for years 2023 and 2024.
wince has no upside dean , he is what he is and so is GRap . but again those are examples . we had other options through the draft , or FA or simply staying put

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wince has no upside dean , he is what he is and so is GRap . but again those are examples . we had other options through the draft , or FA or simply staying put

Of course Wentz has more upside than Grap. We weren't staying put with TH . This wasn't a great QB draft but we still got one in the 5th that can develop. So you rather go into this year with TH and Howell than Wentz? I say no.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take this a step further and say that Kyle told Jimmy G, "Hey G, I'm not sending you to that HOLE called Washington. That would be fair of me so for now, you will remain a 9'er". This is likely the scenario with Jimmy G being traded to DC.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Wentz has more upside than Grap. We weren't staying put with TH . This wasn't a great QB draft but we still got one in the 5th that can develop. So you rather go into this year with TH and Howell than Wentz? I say no.
dude he is fucking 30 yrs old in december , there is no upside , just what he is

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a QB is too old at 30? lol
for the love of god dean upside means he has reached hehasnt reached his potential . . he is entering yr 7 dean , he is what he is by now , a mid level starter . he isnt jumping to elite

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the love of god dean upside means he has reached hehasnt reached his potential . . he is entering yr 7 dean , he is what he is by now , a mid level starter . he isnt jumping to elite

You cant say that for a certainty. He has all pro abilities. We dont know if he can achieve them. My point is that he proved that he can be a good QB in this league. Its still a possibility he can get there.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant say that for a certainty. He has all pro abilities. We dont know if he can achieve them. My point is that he proved that he can be a good QB in this league. Its still a possibility he can get there.
I can say that for certainty you are setting yourself up for disappointment

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say that for certainty you are setting yourself up for disappointment

Im being positive. I know it could all go south. I wouldn't be surprised either way, good or bad. We took a risk. Im happy we took the risk.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can and i will , and mid level guy is still good by the way