• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you wont give a number, you are only going to give a range?
do you suffer from memory loss ? i gave you the exact number already

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have 20 plus years of supporting redskins players on these forums , next
GTFOH, your not even a fan anymore. Simply an overbearing board mod who constantly slanders the team. When this team wins 10-11 games I would expect zero praise from you because you will come up with some ol BS like you normally do that critiques the team even though they won. Seen your kind for almost 20 years on these forums. Carry on.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFOH, your not even a fan anymore. Simply an overbearing board mod who constantly slanders the team. When this team wins 10-11 games I would expect zero praise from you because you will come up with some ol BS like you normally do that critiques the team even though they won. Seen your kind for almost 20 years on these forums. Carry on.
Redskins players would be key here but this is coming from the RR fan club president right ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nevermind i found it. 8 wins
@deanpet21, do you agree with the front office and not redoing Wince's contract?

If you are Wince, and they are telling you how much confidence they have in you, would you believe them based upon the fact that they aren't taking you off of that one year prove it deal?

Let's say that you have nailed it and Wince actually does ball out this year. Do you re-sign him next year as a free agent, to a massive long-term deal and regret hurting your team by not extending now?

Finally, how do you sell this twice failed experiment to the team this year? (The players already know about him and likely have serious questions about his lacking a clutch gene.)

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins players would be key here but this is coming from the RR fan club president right ?

Skinsdad is saying that the Commanders arent the same as the Redskins, and that they’re two separate franchises.

I think his line of thinking is stupid and petty, but it is what he’s doing, and it is certainly his right. He doesnt give a shit what I think about his thinking, as well he shouldnt. He’s not really alone in these feelings either, but then again there are plenty of examples of plenty of people collectively believing in stupid, petty things.

Personally, I’m just like to see the Sons of Washington beat up on the division again, on their way to a good record and a playoff win. That’s not too much to ask.

Also, sign TM.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad is saying that the Commanders arent the same as the Redskins, and that they’re two separate franchises.

I think his line of thinking is stupid and petty, but it is what he’s doing, and it is certainly his right. He doesnt give a shit what I think about his thinking, as well he shouldnt. He’s not really alone in these feelings either, but then again there are plenty of examples of plenty of people collectively believing in stupid, petty things.

Personally, I’m just like to see the Sons of Washington beat up on the division again, on their way to a good record and a playoff win. That’s not too much to ask.

Also, sign TM.
The point is chiller is that skins is under some kind of impression that I have to suppress my criticism of team moves or players because I am a mod .

He can die on his hill on a subject but I am not ? I have to submit to what he thinks is right . If he didn’t believe that he wouldn’t make the
comments he makes .
Now your POV isn’t wrong or stupid neither is his and neither is mine

I have stayed from the beginning how I feel about this team name and what needs to happen for me to be invested in it . I said I would give them a chance

Saying the wince trade sucks every 5 minutes is what I do as was the CDC thing and the nicknames

I am like clockwork on my core values on drafts trades , coaches time to get it right, if wins are qb stats etc

I call out guys using their arguments when they don’t like a player on guys I don’t like

Wince and CDC. Aren’t bad players . The transactions were awful and done out of panic and neither of these saviors (RGME included) panned out and I bitched at every trade because they went after the wrong guy I bitched about Mcnabb deal

If I can figure out sitting on my fat ass on my couch those were bad moves I expect professionals should as well

I am never going to be a sheep in any arena you want to pick . I question everything

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@deanpet21, do you agree with the front office and not redoing Wince's contract?

If you are Wince, and they are telling you how much confidence they have in you, would you believe them based upon the fact that they aren't taking you off of that one year prove it deal?

Let's say that you have nailed it and Wince actually does ball out this year. Do you re-sign him next year as a free agent, to a massive long-term deal and regret hurting your team by not extending now?

Finally, how do you sell this twice failed experiment to the team this year? (The players already know about him and likely have serious questions about his lacking a clutch gene.)

First by not extending Wentz this year gives the team an out if he fails miserably this year. They can cut him without any gmoney left on his contract. So it protects the team. If he does do well, they do not have to do anything b/c he is still under contract for 23 at 20m and 24 at 21M. Very reasonable.

We lost draft picks in this deal. They took a risk that Wentz could be a long-term starter for this team. If he works out the contract is team favorable. If not we going into 23 looking for a QB in FA or the draft. If Wentz does fail most likely we will be picking top 10 and probably select a QB. Kiper thinks that there will be 7 1st round grade Qb's in next years draft but who really knows.

IMO it was worth the risk for a 3rd and 2023 2nd to possibly get a long-term starter at the QB position considering what the team had before this trade. That is how I feel. Some disagree which is ok, but I like this move. Of course, there is risk, but I think its worth the risk. If Wentz works out it would be the greatest trade in team history.

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sty and skinsdad dont realize is that no quality Qb’s want to come to the redskins. Kurt wanted out, RG3 got hurt on the turf, Burrow got hurt on the turf, alex smith got hurt on the turf, keenum wasnt good, haskins wasnt good, chase young got hurt on the turf, in the rg3 seattle game, a seattle player got hurt on the turf, wilson wasnt coming here, and neither was Rodgers. Sherff wanted out.

There is literally no other way the redskins could have gotten a good veteran wb other than to overpay a team. Ryan might not have wanted to come here either, AND he was coming from his original team that he played for for 10+ years. There was loyalty there that isnt there for Irsay as Wentz.

Under those circumstances the redskins did well enough. They got a definite upgrade at qb on a one year trial for a shitload of money. If 2017 wentz shows up, then the Mandos are in business. If 2020 wentz shows up, then they are not.

Culture change comes with winning. Its as simple as that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sty and skinsdad dont realize is that no quality Qb’s want to come to the redskins. Kurt wanted out, RG3 got hurt on the turf, Burrow got hurt on the turf, alex smith got hurt on the turf, keenum wasnt good, haskins wasnt good, chase young got hurt on the turf, in the rg3 seattle game, a seattle player got hurt on the turf, wilson wasnt coming here, and neither was Rodgers. Sherff wanted out.

There is literally no other way the redskins could have gotten a good veteran wb other than to overpay a team. Ryan might not have wanted to come here either, AND he was coming from his original team that he played for for 10+ years. There was loyalty there that isnt there for Irsay as Wentz.

Under those circumstances the redskins did well enough. They got a definite upgrade at qb on a one year trial for a shitload of money. If 2017 wentz shows up, then the Mandos are in business. If 2020 wentz shows up, then they are not.

I agree with most of this, but Alex Smith injury was not caused by the turf. He stays healthy that year we would of made the playoffs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this, but Alex Smith injury was not caused by the turf. He stays healthy that year we would of made the playoffs.
i dont think so he wasnt playing well at all

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you are going to overpay , then overpay for quality and dont shop at garage sales

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it protects the team. If he does do well, they do not have to do anything b/c he is still under contract for 23 at 20m and 24 at 21M. Very reasonable.
Everything that you wrote (above) is completely false. Wince is on a one year contract for the 2022 season only. Perhaps you didn't know that, Perhaps you did, but in either case, now that you know better my questions still stands. I can repost them if you wish.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand exactly what you have said that I don't. In fact, regarding this matter, I wrote of the "very well deserved stupid tax" that they would have to pay in order to trade for a featured QB on this team.

However, I'm willing to take the hit on your point and concede to the idea that no QB of value wants to play here, but I do so with one caveat... a like concession that Carson Wince didn't refuse to come here, therefore, using whatever your standard for "quality" is as used in your post, he isn’t that!!

Now, with respect to upgrading over TH, (I've used this before) if you have a QB ranked at 30 out of 32 starters and you claim to have upgraded by getting a guy ranked at 28, technically you have upgraded but to what end??

Let's dig a little deeper into the QB situation. Again conceding no "quality" veteran QB wants to come here. Ok, so what, beyond their own fear, has stopped them from getting one via the draft?? (They had opportunities)

I agree that winning play a big role in "culture change" however, when your standard for decades is mediocre or worse and you have no idea how to change that, what exactly are you doing to win???

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are going to overpay , then overpay for quality and dont shop at garage sales

Asked and answered already. They overpaid for mediocre upgrades BECAUSE they couldnt overpay for elite.