• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like it was 2 yrs ago ? it had no effect . KC could have been signed / would have signed way cheaper if allen didnt nix it and of course the corruption came into play

I believe KC did not want to be here b/c of Allen. Even if Allen offered a fair offer he would of said no and tested FA and would get the gmoney he was looking for. He did get it from Minn and won one playoff game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, I just dont understand why Wentz cant succeed here. Its possible. KC was being talked about as an elite QB b/c of his numbers clearly he is not.
its right its exactly right and its what you said at the time , not me but you

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is paid to win superbowls not go one or 2 and done

Everyone is paid to win. No matter how much you are getting. The trade is a win IF he becomes our long term answer at QB. If not the trade will be a bad one.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its right its exactly right and its what you said at the time , not me but you

out of context again. Cant compare the two at all. Is Wentz the highest paid QB in the league?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is paid to win. No matter how much you are getting. The trade is a win IF he becomes our long term answer at QB. If not the trade will be a bad one.
long term answer means superbowl win , not a cup of coffee in the playoffs

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long term answer means superbowl win , not a cup of coffee in the playoffs

bullshit and you know it. To set the bar at the Super Bowl is insane.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of context again. Cant compare the two at all. Is Wentz the highest paid QB in the league?
i can and i will and it wasnt out of context . i am using your argument against KC and applying it to wince . you made those arguments not me

were you a "hater " because you disliked KC ? you publicly railed against him at every turn . did that mean you werent a fan ?

all your chickens coming home to roost

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullshit and you know it. To set the bar at the Super Bowl is insane.
absolutely isnt if you believe this is the guy . did the eagles carry him to the superbowl or did he carry them ? foles finished it off and it became the beginning of the end for wince

if he is the LONG TERM answer i have every right to expect a super bowl win this year and in the future

i want championships dean , you want just good every other year

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can and i will and it wasnt out of context . i am using your argument against KC and applying it to wince . you made those arguments not me

were you a "hater " because you disliked KC ? you publicly railed against him at every turn . did that mean you werent a fan ?

all your chickens coming home to roost

I was against KC for wanting to be the highest paid player in the game. I didnt route against him in the games. I wanted him to win,. Wentz is totally different. Totally different situaitons

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely isnt if you believe this is the guy . did the eagles carry him to the superbowl or did he carry them ? foles finished it off and it became the beginning of the end for wince

if he is the LONG TERM answer i have every right to expect a super bowl win this year and in the future

i want championships dean , you want just good every other year

of course this is how you feel b/c you constantly write off rookies and players who get hurt. Super Bowl is crazy and you know it. A playoff win would be a great achievement for this team. When was the last time we had a playoff win?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you the RB but WR's I think we are better. So you have us at 7 wins right duke?
Pittman actually had a better year last year than McLaurin (catches and TDs). The back #2 WRs were the same in 2021.

You failed to address the actual coaching and playcalling. This leans toward Indy heavily. Reich has a SB...Turner has nothing at this point.

We might or might NOT be better. Samuels has proven nothing and both Indy and WSH used their first pick on WR.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittman actually had a better year last year than McLaurin (catches and TDs). The back #2 WRs were the same in 2021.

You failed to address the actual coaching and playcalling. This leans toward Indy heavily. Reich has a SB...Turner has nothing at this point.

We might or might NOT be better. Samuels has proven nothing and both Indy and WSH used their first pick on WR.

you said 7 wins right?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was against KC for wanting to be the highest paid player in the game. I didnt route against him in the games. I wanted him to win,. Wentz is totally different. Totally different situaitons
Why do you keep saying that? I don't think that is what happened at all.

According to “a source with knowledge of the Redskins’ decision,” Cousins’ camp offered the Redskins a “three-year deal last February worth $19.5 [million] a year with significant guarantees.” That offer was still on the table in July.

Top 10 QB salaries in 2017:
Joe Flacco, Baltimore, $24.55 million
Carson Palmer, Arizona, $24.125 million
Kirk Cousins, Washington, $23.943 million
Matt Ryan, Atlanta, $23.75 million
Matthew Stafford, Detroit, $22 million
Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay, $20.3 million
Cam Newton, Carolina, $20.166 million
Philip Rivers, Los Angeles Chargers, $20 million
Eli Manning, N.Y. Giants, $19.7 million
Andrew Luck, Indianapolis, $19.4 million

If Cousin's camp offered 19 million a year in 2016 starting in the 2017, how in the world was that more than the the 5 QBs making more than 20 million?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep saying that? I don't think that is what happened at all.

According to “a source with knowledge of the Redskins’ decision,” Cousins’ camp offered the Redskins a “three-year deal last February worth $19.5 [million] a year with significant guarantees.” That offer was still on the table in July.

Top 10 QB salaries in 2017:
Joe Flacco, Baltimore, $24.55 million
Carson Palmer, Arizona, $24.125 million
Kirk Cousins, Washington, $23.943 million
Matt Ryan, Atlanta, $23.75 million
Matthew Stafford, Detroit, $22 million
Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay, $20.3 million
Cam Newton, Carolina, $20.166 million
Philip Rivers, Los Angeles Chargers, $20 million
Eli Manning, N.Y. Giants, $19.7 million
Andrew Luck, Indianapolis, $19.4 million

If Cousin's camp offered 19 million a year in 2016 starting in the 2017, how in the world was that more than the the 5 QBs making more than 20 million?

I understand that, Allen dropped the ball. When Allen came back with the weak offer I knew KC was gone b/c KC never countered. At that point he wanted to be the highest paid QB in the game and wanted out of here. I didnt agree he should have been 4th on that list you posted.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep asking me this? I have already answered this.

You are dodging my questions.

Dodging nothing. I forgot. Did you say 7 wins? I agree coaching staff matters when comparing Wentz. Hopefully Turner brings out his best.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, Allen dropped the ball. When Allen came back with the weak offer I knew KC was gone b/c KC never countered. At that point he wanted to be the highest paid QB in the game and wanted out of here. I didnt agree he should have been 4th on that list you posted.
That is not what you said. His camp wanted 19 a million per sources. I posted it for your reference.

There is no indication he advised Allen that he wanted to top Flacco's deal.

Why do you keep saying he wanted to be the highest-paid QB? If Cousins never countered, how do you know he wanted to be the highest-paid QB? Allen did drop the ball as we should have taken the 19 million a year deal. After he left WSH, I don't care what he wanted. You are causing confusion here because you are implying that Cousins wanted to be the highest-paid QB and left because of that. He left for a number of reasons, the main one being that we rejected his team friendly offer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not what you said. His camp wanted 19 a million per sources. There is no indication he advised Allen that he wanted to top Flacco's deal.

Why do you keep saying he wanted to be the highest-paid QB? If Cousins never countered, how do you know he wanted to be the highest-paid QB? Allen did drop the ball as we should have taken the 19 million a year deal.

b/c he was the highest paid QB when he got the fully gmoney from Minn.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c he was the highest paid QB when he got the fully gmoney from Minn.
That is NOT what you said. You said:

I was against KC for wanting to be the highest paid player in the game. I didnt route against him in the games. I wanted him to win,. Wentz is totally different. Totally different situaitonsI

He indeed did NOT want to be the highest paid QB with the Redskins. I have just proven that. You are confusing what he did with WSH and what he did with Minnesota.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is NOT what you said. You said:

I was against KC for wanting to be the highest paid player in the game. I didnt route against him in the games. I wanted him to win,. Wentz is totally different. Totally different situaitonsI

He indeed did NOT want to be the highest paid QB with the Redskins. I have just proven that. You are confusing what he did with WSH and what he did with Minnesota.

That deal that he offered was it after they lost to the Giants to get into the playoffs? I admit I did forget alot about that stuff. Was he under his rookie contract for another year after he offered that deal?