• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand exactly what you have said that I don't. In fact, regarding this matter, I wrote of the "very well deserved stupid tax" that they would have to pay in order to trade for a featured QB on this team.

However, I'm willing to take the hit on your point and concede to the idea that no QB of value wants to play here, but I do so with one caveat... a like concession that Carson Wince didn't refuse to come here, therefore, using whatever your standard for "quality" is as used in your post, he isn’t that!!

Now, with respect to upgrading over TH, (I've used this before) if you have a QB ranked at 30 out of 32 starters and you claim to have upgraded by getting a guy ranked at 28, technically you have upgraded but to what end??

Let's dig a little deeper into the QB situation. Again conceding no "quality" veteran QB wants to come here. Ok, so what, beyond their own fear, has stopped them from getting one via the draft?? (They had opportunities)

I agree that winning play a big role in "culture change" however, when your standard for decades is mediocre or worse and you have no idea how to change that, what exactly are you doing to win???

Wentz was traded here, and absolutely couldnt refuse to go anywhere, even here. Not with the way his season ended as badly as it did.

I dont know if TH was ranked 30th and wentz was ranked 28th, and by what metrics they might be ranked. I do know that Wentz can make the throws that TH cant. 28th to 30th is an upgrade. Also, none of the other free agent possible qbs (meaning not russell wilson or aaron rodgers) has had a season like wentz did in 2017.

The redskins tried fo get one in the draft. Haskins. He sucked. They tried before that. Rg3. He was awesome for 60% of a season. They drafted a potential futre qb in Howell. He was awesome last year with weapons.

The redskins are trying to sign their own players and draft wisely as a way to build a consistent winner.

Asked and answered.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything that you wrote (above) is completely false. Wince is on a one year contract for the 2022 season only. Perhaps you didn't know that, Perhaps you did, but in either case, now that you know better my questions still stands. I can repost them if you wish.

How is this false?

1653166700236.png

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asked and answered already. They overpaid for mediocre upgrades BECAUSE they couldnt overpay for elite.
then dont pay it and move on . reaching for picks is not excusable either . thats self inflicted

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was traded here, and absolutely couldnt refuse to go anywhere, even here. Not with the way his season ended as badly as it did.

I dont know if TH was ranked 30th and wentz was ranked 28th, and by what metrics they might be ranked. I do know that Wentz can make the throws that TH cant. 28th to 30th is an upgrade. Also, none of the other free agent possible qbs (meaning not russell wilson or aaron rodgers) has had a season like wentz did in 2017.

The redskins tried fo get one in the draft. Haskins. He sucked. They tried before that. Rg3. He was awesome for 60% of a season. They drafted a potential futre qb in Howell. He was awesome last year with weapons.

The redskins are trying to sign their own players and draft wisely as a way to build a consistent winner.

Asked and answered.
he could have refused to report as many have

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last 2 yrs are not guaranteed dean . making it a 1 yr deal in reality . to be honest though if wince plays well and does what you say he will they will pick up at least 23 at that price

personally he will hit on more deep balls but he will miss the throws needed to keep drives going because he is inaccurate . can he hit enough deep balls to make up for it ? perhaps

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where you put together this false information but Wince is still operating under the contract that he signed with Philly 4 years ago. Sooo,

Carson Wentz's Contract Details
Wentz signed a four-year, $128 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles prior to the 2019 season. He's under contract with Washington only for the upcoming 2022 season, where he will carry a cap hit of $28.2 million with $15 million guaranteed.Mar 24, 2022

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last 2 yrs are not guaranteed dean . making it a 1 yr deal in reality . to be honest though if wince plays well and does what you say he will they will pick up at least 23 at that price

personally he will hit on more deep balls but he will miss the throws needed to keep drives going because he is inaccurate . can he hit enough deep balls to make up for it ? perhaps
There are no last two years. He's still working under the 4 year deal that he signed with the Eagles in 2019. This is the final year of that contract. When he was traded to Indy, they assumed that contract, didn't redo that deal, then traded him and that same deal to Washington.

People who know this are wondering why Washington hasn't reworked (extended) him since publicly they claim to have all of this confidence in him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but he is still under contract. like rotoworld says. Of course, they will pick up the contract if he plays well. thatt is super cheap if he plays well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where you put together this false information but Wince is still operating under the contract that he signed with Philly 4 years ago. Sooo,

Carson Wentz's Contract Details
Wentz signed a four-year, $128 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles prior to the 2019 season. He's under contract with Washington only for the upcoming 2022 season, where he will carry a cap hit of $28.2 million with $15 million guaranteed.Mar 24, 2022

Then why does rotoworld have him under contract for 2023 and 2024? Didn't we inherit that contract when we traded for him? we have the option to pay him those numbers if he plays well. If he doesn't we don't. Right?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asked and answered.
Players refuse to report all of the time, especially those who are, as you've noted, of high quality.

I used that ranking as an example not as where they actually rank. We agree that he is an upgrade physically but probably won't agree when comparing theIrene mental game and moxie. What's not understandable is this penchant to continually reference his 2017 season as relevant to today. TBH, injecting such a reference is done so as something hopeful... Washington literally leads the league in selling this shit. Unfortunately, too many of its support base is still buying hope instead of demanding solid winning football.

I'll not get into the RG3, Haskins debating tug of war again. What I will say is this, RG's failure wasn't close to being all of his own doing and Haskins literally had 9 games under one regime and 7 under a new one to prove himself. When other young QB'S are given at minimum a full season, but generally more than that, there are questions about how this team and the league in general evaluates players like him. So, you decide, I've already drawn my conclusions on that issue. (I will concede Haskins proclivity to do youthful, bone headed things)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he is still under contract. like rotoworld says. Of course, they will pick up the contract if he plays well. thatt is super cheap if he plays well.
Rotoworld is giving you bad information. Wince is on the final year ofor the 4 year contract that he signed in Philly.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld is giving you bad information. Wince is on the final year ofor the 4 year contract that he signed in Philly.

This is from overthecap.com

1653181464060.png

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no gmoney left but he is still under our control for two more years after this one. right?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why does rotoworld have him under contract for 2023 and 2024? Didn't we inherit that contract when we traded for him? we have the option to pay him those numbers if he plays well. If he doesn't we don't. Right?
Again Rotoworld is giving you bad information (perhaps they're MAGA:D)

Yes Washington inherited the contract on him when they traded with Indy, but Indy inherited his contract that he signed with the Eagles. (4 years 128M), He's still working under that original contract. In fact, just Google Wince contract with Indy. If you cannot find proof of any redoing of his contract anywhere, I'll concede the point. (You won't be able to find a reworked Wince deal since he got the new contract in Philly )

Those years that you cite don't exist. This is it for Wince and all of my questions stand. I can repost them.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Rotoworld is giving you bad information (perhaps they're MAGA:D)

Yes Washington inherited the contract on him when they traded with Indy, but Indy inherited his contract that he signed with the Eagles. (4 years 128M), He's still working under that original contract. In fact, just Google Wince contract with Indy. If you cannot find proof of any redoing of his contract anywhere, I'll concede the point. (You won't be able to find a reworked Wince deal since he got the new contract in Philly )

Those years that you cite don't exist. This is it for Wince and all of my questions stand. I can repost them.

I just posted from overthecap.com that we control him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty every thing I have come up with on the net is that he is under contract till 24

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players refuse to report all of the time, especially those who are, as you've noted, of high quality.

I used that ranking as an example not as where they actually rank. We agree that he is an upgrade physically but probably won't agree when comparing theIrene mental game and moxie. What's not understandable is this penchant to continually reference his 2017 season as relevant to today. TBH, injecting such a reference is done so as something hopeful... Washington literally leads the league in selling this shit. Unfortunately, too many of its support base is still buying hope instead of demanding solid winning football.

I'll not get into the RG3, Haskins debating tug of war again. What I will say is this, RG's failure wasn't close to being all of his own doing and Haskins literally had 9 games under one regime and 7 under a new one to prove himself. When other young QB'S are given at minimum a full season, but generally more than that, there are questions about how this team and the league in general evaluates players like him. So, you decide, I've already drawn my conclusions on that issue. (I will concede Haskins proclivity to do youthful, bone headed things)

You are correct that I am projecting hope. That I am hopeful. That the redskins like many other bottom feeders have to “sell hope” because they arent comfortable knowing that their team is going to be good yet.

On the other hand, ALL teams in the same situation project hope to their beleaguered fans before they can know their team will be good. Seahawk fans are hopeful about this year as a residual effect of being good for so long.

Wentz absolutely could not have refused to report and guaranteed himself a starting position on another team. Refusing to report after getting traded would have been career suicide, especially after the ending to the year he had.

You probably know that anyway.

I’d also agree with you on a moxie comparison between TH and Wentz. TH is enjoyable to watch play because of that moxie. You dont know WHAT that slipperly littl’ sumbich is gonna do. It’s exciting!

On the other hand you DO know that what TH wont do is “keep defenses honest by throwing deep successfully” or “thread the needle consistently.”

I think this is all I have to say on the subject for now.